Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In rugby the punishments are severe and it is infact the refs who dish it out, not some panel retrospectively. This makes the ref's decision final and the players respect him. And you hardly see a rugby ref being crowded after a controversial decision. We could learn so much from rugby.

I also like sin-binning. No player would want to let their team down by being absent for any amount of time.
afcwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
In rugby the punishments are severe and it is infact the refs who dish it out, not some panel retrospectively. This makes the ref's decision final and the players respect him. And you hardly see a rugby ref being crowded after a controversial decision. We could learn so much from rugby.

I also like sin-binning. No player would want to let their team down by being absent for any amount of time.
Very true. On the rare occasions that i watch Rugby even if the player is sent off he doesn't make a big song and dance about it, he just gets on with it, thats how it shouldbe in football, but theres a lot of disrespect shown towards refs in football, one incident that springs to mind is when di canio pushed over the ref. You wouldn't get that in any other sport.........except WWE!
Huw Davies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Back 10m for dissent is a pretty good deterrent as well.
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I reckon they should get banned for a couple of games, that will soon teach them *cough* Joey Barton *cough*
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
I reckon they should get banned for a couple of games, that will soon teach them *cough* Joey Barton *cough*
Is that for the moon or something else! surely it would be *fart* joey barton *fart*
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Football punishments are too soft and the authorities love to distract themselves with trivial matters. This simply has to change.
Huw Davies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It would be interesting to watch if refs suddenly did toughen up without warning. I wonder how long it would take to sink in, and how many cards would result in the meantime.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Huw Davies)
It would be interesting to watch if refs suddenly did toughen up without warning. I wonder how long it would take to sink in, and how many cards would result in the meantime.
Well with Poll it would be three cards and you off!. Paul Dirkin was always a ref the players respected, he retired ages ago though, shame. Collina should do tutorials!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed, I'd like refs to go "I don't give a ****, if the FA won't take a lead on this stuff we will", and also not be intimidated by home fans and player crowding.
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Back 10m for dissent is a pretty good deterrent as well.
It is...more damaging in Rugby than Football though.

The main reason a referee gets respect in rugby is that if you dont respect him he will punish you for it - For example, you could get sent off for swearing at the referee. In comparison, anyone with a brief ability to lip read will know that there is some very blue language floating around the pitch which shouldn't be tolerated.

And, also - whats with the financial punishments surrouding footballing? Getting fined less than a days wages is crap.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Indeed, I'd like refs to go "I don't give a ****, if the FA won't take a lead on this stuff we will", and also not be intimidated by home fans and player crowding.
Someone taking their shirt off after scoring a goal and attempting to dampen the athletes enthusiasm at scoring that goal is an evil far more dangerous to the game than, say, threatening the officials.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some of the offences are laughable really.

Removing shirt - yellow card. Pathetic.

I think players who referees deem to have dived should get a straight red card. And instances where the referee has missed it during the game can be looked over by a panel, and the player banned for 5 matches and heavily fined afterwards.

It'll never happen, which is a huge shame.
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wayne Rooney is the most overrated player in the world. Hasn't done anything consistently to justify what some people think of him. So many people seem to **** off Lampard that he isn't really overrated...why **** off England's 2nd best midfielder? Why? What does it achieve. Everyone was crap in the World Cup. Downing overrated (1 good season) and Hargreaves too as everyone seems to love him all of a sudden. Jenas always seems to make the squad, duno why....
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by daniela)
Some of the offences are laughable really.

Removing shirt - yellow card. Pathetic.

I think players who referees deem to have dived should get a straight red card. And instances where the referee has missed it during the game can be looked over by a panel, and the player banned for 5 matches and heavily fined afterwards.

It'll never happen, which is a huge shame.
i hope it will, but im sceptical too. the panel should be independant and then there can be no accusations of corruption. Cheats and hooligans spoil this beautiful game and so measures must be taken to erradicate or deter fans and players alike for doing such harmful things that hurt the game. I agree about the yellow card thing, what sort of incitement is removing your shirt going to do to anyone, its harmless.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by barry_4_england)
Wayne Rooney is the most overrated player in the world. Hasn't done anything consistently to justify what some people think of him. So many people seem to **** off Lampard that he isn't really overrated...why **** off England's 2nd best midfielder? Why? What does it achieve. Everyone was crap in the World Cup. Downing overrated (1 good season) and Hargreaves too as everyone seems to love him all of a sudden. Jenas always seems to make the squad, duno why....
Agree with all of that except for the Hargreaves comment. He has been consistent since the world cup hence the popularity gain. I think Hargreaves and Cashley were our best players in the world cup. But i do think that Downing is overrated and dont get me started on Jenas, i hink even he thinks hes overated!
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just read some of the posts...omg i don't know why some of you even post. How the hell is Gerrard overrated? He is probably the most consistent player on the planet. England football-wise is a joke. Blaming Ronaldo for Rooney being sent off, moaning at Lampard as if he's the worst player in the world, changing opinions of Hargreaves when the original ones weren't justified and neither is his new tag of him being class, and everyone is biased against other Prem teams' players. Lampard is consistent, he just had a bad WC. So did Ronaldinho. So did the whole England team. The best team we beat was Ecuador. I'm just fed up with being English 2bh!
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since the WC dude? I haven't seen him play for Bayern atall and I doubt many people have, and England have played what 2 matches? Yer Jenas gets in instead of Barry, Barton, Nolan, Parker(usually)...grrrrrrr
Huw Davies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps yellow cards for shirt removal are refs' way of getting back at players who probably have, at some point, indulged in crowding the ref or diving. They're a bit of a rubbish sanction in any case.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by barry_4_england)
Since the WC dude? I haven't seen him play for Bayern atall and I doubt many people have, and England have played what 2 matches? Yer Jenas gets in instead of Barry, Barton, Nolan, Parker(usually)...grrrrrrr
i watch the bundesliga and he is great at bayern, good playmaker and great at free kicks and set pieces. If he was in the prem more people would take notice. I agree about Barry, i cant understand why any england manager hasn't picked him, hes probably one of the most underate players, imo along with Cahill.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
fifas idea to ban teams and national sides from competitions if fans/players etc. use racist language is a good idea in theory but will it be used? Arguments against it could be that if the fans are the problem, then the players will lose out on europe/international. So the punishment should fit the crime - in that instance all home games should be played behind closed doors. Repeated instances away from home as well should mean a playing ban.
Spains punishment for racist chanting is a joke. Something like $9000 fine for fans targeting Eto'o just isnt enough and all it affects is the club, not the section of fans.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise