Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy20)
    Carrick is the most underrated player and will remain such until everyone realises he is the best defensive midfielder in the world at the moment.
    w000t? carrick is absolute gash...how can you say he is underrated after some idiots paid 18 million for him for crying out loud!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    I think that's a bit harsh. Under Eriksson, we lost to France because of some idiocy at the very end..hardly the manager's fault. We lost to Portugal because of some farcical refereeing.
    And the Germany we beat 5-1 did go on to come 2nd in the World Cup the following year....
    But that's exactly my point. There is always an excuse for us losing (genuine ones, in many cases) but that doesn't stop the fact that we've never beaten anyone who is actually good. We get through to the quarters by beating (or in our current trend, drawing and losing to) crappy eastern european ex-Yugoslavian countries.

Yeah, Germany came 2nd in their home world cup. Greece won the European cup. They're still ****.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, if the English media werent such idiots, England wud have had a PROVEN world class manager in Luiz Felipe Scolari. But constant invasion of his private life put him off the job.

Secondly, Beckham shud NEVA have been dropped. When youre losing, you need a player of his heart to lift the team and challenge for every ball, especially when Gerrards missing.

ReputationRep:
    Heres a funny moment from last season(including the world cup)

Chelseas portuguese Paulo Ferreira injuring Rooney in the first place. Then at the World Cup, Chelseas Ricardo Carvalho pushing and shoving Rooney, leading Wayne to stamp on him and get sent off. Both players managed by a Chelseas portuguese manager, Jose Mourinho...

Coincidence or not?

ReputationRep:
    How come you think Pirlo wont make it man. Hes a great player and this showed at the World Cup, claiming 3rd place in player of the tournament after Zidane and Cannavaro

ReputationRep:
    c.ronaldo was portugals best player in the world cup and has been amazing this season,hes got a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's a pretty strong league and to an extent is underrated. What are your opinions?

Come on Galaxy! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Any famous names getting old who play there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    I think that's a bit harsh. Under Eriksson, we lost to France because of some idiocy at the very end..hardly the manager's fault. We lost to Portugal because of some farcical refereeing.
    And the Germany we beat 5-1 did go on to come 2nd in the World Cup the following year....
    You can't deny though that England were thoroughly outplayed in both those games, and in both cases the team became very defensive which is the managers fault.

ReputationRep:
    he's a crap manager but gud looking, i'd take him 2 bed anytime

ReputationRep:
    We just aren't very good. You are all under the media's impression that England deserve to win every tournament...rubbish!

Lampard and Gerrard are horribly overrated in the media and now we've lost our only good midfielder in Hargreaves we are all at sea.

3 CBs was a f***ing crap idea anyway. Carragher isn't good enough and Ashley Cole is distinctly out of form.

The team should revolve around Rooney and utilise the full backs forward play. Two strikers up front, preferably not Crouch but Johnston (who can hold the ball extremely well and is in great form) and Defoe (for pace) with Rooney behind him (I'm getting sick and tired of the media saying he should be scoring, ffs he is a creative player...yes he should be scoring but if the effing strike force had a clue he shouldnt need to). Then 3 central midfielders from Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Hargreaves when fit. 4 at the back, Ferdinand and Terry, Cole/Bridge and Neville.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I've seen any but no doubt Sky will pick it up when David Beckham goes there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Any famous names getting old who play there?
    I was going to name Romario, but he plays for Miami in the First Division, not the MLS...

DC United have the up-and-coming youngster Freddy Adu

Anyway,
    Youri Djorkaeff plays for Red Bull New York
    Terry Cooke (capped at U21 level for England) plays for Colorado Rapids
    Shaka Hislop plays for FC Dallas
    Paul Dalglish (son of Kenny) plays for Houston Dynamo

There may be more, but that's all I could see in a quick run through Wiki...gone are the days when the likes of Pelé and Beckenbauer would go to America to make a fortune as they see out their careers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barfee)
    How come you think Pirlo wont make it man. Hes a great player and this showed at the World Cup, claiming 3rd place in player of the tournament after Zidane and Cannavaro
    Please, do you really take those ratings seriously? Zinedine Zidane was not at all even one of the top three playes at the World Cup; Fabio Cannavaro should have won (if he didn't). Pirlo was not great after the group stages against the better teams, and way too quiet in the final.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    When did Aberdeen win the UEFA Cup or the European Cup/Champions League then? I know they won the ECWC and the Super Cup though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know too much about MLS but my team, Crystal Palace played LA Galaxy in a pre season friendly which was called off due to thunder and lightning - the score being 1-1 at the time.

When you hear American commentators talk about the game it is almost as if they are talking about a different sport. They were of the opinion that Galaxy are far supirior to Palace which I really don't think is the case, English football is of a far higher standard at this moment in time. America certainly has the potential to become a top footballing nation though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Mullet)
    I don't know too much about MLS but my team, Crystal Palace played LA Galaxy in a pre season friendly which was called off due to thunder and lightning - the score being 1-1 at the time.

When you hear American commentators talk about the game it is almost as if they are talking about a different sport. They were of the opinion that Galaxy are far supirior to Palace which I really don't think is the case, English football is of a far higher standard at this moment in time. America certainly has the potential to become a top footballing nation though.
    American commentary is funny Although I can't think of any specific examples, the phrases they use to describe the action can be rather amusing...

ReputationRep:
    http://fifa.com/documents/fifa/event...30_final_E.pdf

Have a look. What do we think?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's absolutely rubbish.

When I was in America this Summer I had it on ESPN every day for a whole month. The quality is shocking to say the least.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.