Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Yes i was very dissapointed with Italy. We've got some real problems in midfield, and Zaccardo and Iaquinta are simply useless. I dont know what Lippi sees in them.

totti still didnt look full fitness either...i hope luca toni is the first choice striker for the tournament..he had a couple of half chances in the game otherwise didnt see much of the ball.

but getting 30 odd goals in serie a is quite a feat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Why is it that no matter how crap the German team is, and no matter how badly they do in pre-tournament friendlies, they always do well? I bet they reach the semis at least, especially with home support.
    I gotta agree that the German team was seriously crap at the EURO 04, but to be honest, they really have improved, they've got some really good players now, like Podolski who I think is gonna have a great tournament and Schweinsteiger - the defense was quite poor in their last friendly but at least they were attacking a lot more than from what I've seen in the last couple of years. Also, Lehmann is an awesome keeper - the two goals that Tama-what's-his-face scored in the Japan-Germany friendly were incredibly hard to save, they were awesome goals. I'm afraid that the always highly praised Ballack may have reached his peak some years back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asanonymous)
    totti still didnt look full fitness either...i hope luca toni is the first choice striker for the tournament..he had a couple of half chances in the game otherwise didnt see much of the ball.

but getting 30 odd goals in serie a is quite a feat
    Yes, totti still looks a good few weeks away from being the totti of old, and this is sadly too late for Italy. Del Piero was pretty poor aswell though.

Toni will definately start upfront alongside Gilardino - Lippi was just testing with an alternative formation last night.

ReputationRep:
    Cannavaro was in top form though, he was really good at man marking the Swiss striker, I think it was Frei. That's why it took a great shot from outside the box for them to score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Cannavaro was in top form though, he was really good at man marking the Swiss striker, I think it was Frei. That's why it took a great shot from outside the box for them to score.

yh he is definitely one of the best defenders in the world, in fact, i'd say ayala, cannavaro, puyol and terry are currently the best four (as in centre backs)

ReputationRep:
    yh he is definitely one of the best defenders in the world, in fact, i'd say ayala, cannavaro, puyol and terry are currently the best four (as in centre backs)
    Ayala has strugggled with his fitness a bit this term. I think Gallas is an awesome CB - really underrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Ayala has strugggled with his fitness a bit this term. I think Gallas is an awesome CB - really underrated.

yeh he is, and hes dangerous like terry in setpieces, and i guess he could be considered as world class, but i think right now if world class is 10, hes a 9

ReputationRep:
    Tony Chirsties version of the World Cup song to the tune of Amarillo

All across the nation
    You can taste the expectation
    Finish what we started
    ENGLAND the lion hearted

Every single player (woe oh oh oh oh)
    Holds our destiny (woe oh oh oh oh)
    and they’ll all be heroes
    on plasma screen TVs

ENGLAND WIN THE WORLD CUP
    Dig Deep, don’t come unstuck
    Stevie G score for me

40 years, who gives a “Oi”
    Beckham scores a penalty

Every fan is singing
    It’s a ROAR - ENGLAND’S winning
    Let’s go down the local
    Have a laugh and get all vocal

we’re gonna cruise the group stage (woe oh oh oh oh)
    Yes we’ll win all three (woe oh oh oh oh)
    the last 16’s easy
    ‘cause we’ve got Wayne Rooney eeeeee

Michael Owen’s always good luck
    Sven’ll dance like old Nobby

40 years, who gives a “Oi”
    Then knight them all Your Majesty

Much better than the official one and one that will lift the rafters!!

ReputationRep:
    Please follow linky for predictions if you want to join in.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223057

ReputationRep:
    I think playing for top countries helps. Imo there are defenders of similar talent out there but play for 'lesser' clubs or countries so get less exposure eg Ujfalasi, Gavranic (& Vidic to an extent), Boulahrouz, Andrade, Kompany. I expect them to have a good WC (except the last two for obvious reasons). If they played for bigger clubs they'd stand out.

ReputationRep:
    Predictors or potential predictors for World Cup matches please follow link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...40#post4864640

ReputationRep:
    Peter Crouch..Scored more than Wayne Rooney since Euro 2004

ReputationRep:
    Crouch has actually become a really important player for England. His flicks, passes and goals will be vital in Germany. Him and Owen play well together.

ReputationRep:
    I wish he would give up that stupid robot dance of his, makes me cringe and want to vomit!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    I wish he would give up that stupid robot dance of his, makes me cringe and want to vomit!!!
    Its fantastic.
    A lot better than that embarassing baby cradle joe cole and Terry did on tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    And Crouch scores again. Woooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Its fantastic.
    A lot better than that embarassing baby cradle joe cole and Terry did on tuesday.
    Ewwww..... he doesn't even do a good job of it and he did it again and they showed again.:eek:

That babycradling was for his twins, it means something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Ewwww..... he doesn't even do a good job of it and he did it again and they showed again.:eek:

That babycradling was for his twins, it means something.
    The dance was about the beckham party, i think its great so :p:
    And aslong as we keep see'ing it, my bet on crouch top goalscorer gets closer to reality

ReputationRep:
    Haha, too bad Crouch couldn't do his little dance this time.

ReputationRep:
    Awww Crouchie
    A hatrick for crouchie would of been amazing

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.