Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're not singing...
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh it really bugs me when i get that wrong
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Doesn't matter. I corrected myself when I said 'their' instead of 'there'. :laugh:
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ha lol that's ok then
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldinho although they have different roles so you cant really compare
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Agreed.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Bet it was Apollo :eyeball:
If the yanks wish to be proved wrong by all of 4 or so countries in the world that is up to their stupidity. Only the US, Canada, Australia and Ireland say soccer and only the US is association football always labelled soccer, whereas in Canada, Australia and Ireland soccer is only used to save confusion with Canadian football, Aussie Rules and Gaelic football. Also, in parts of these countries football is actually association football (or rugby in some parts of Australia :rolleyes:).
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thing is though, the monicker of soccer, short for association football, was proposed by an Englishman. Should this take away from America etc's incorrectness? Nope, I say.
ba_ba1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
Henry, he just gives you that extra something, i reckon if most clubs were asked which player out of the two, i think theyd choose Henry. Hes faster and has a better shot on him than Ronaldinho although Ronaldinho is very very skillful. It was interesting to read the other day that 1 in 5 people would prefer to be French than English and one of the reasons was the rise of French stars and Henry's name was mentioned. I think Henry is a player who earns respect from fans of other teams to, and you just cant buy that. I remeber at Man City and Portsmouth he got applauded and at the end of the Pompey match he even wore a Pompey shirt to show his appreciation. He is a great role model for the game too and some of the amazing things he does you just seem to except it now because "its Henry", its weird that. Anyway, my vote goes to HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!
Henry maybe faster, but thats about it IMO. Henry's shots to goal ratio in the CL is pretty poor. Ronaldinho has much more skill. In tight games Henry finds it hard to shine. I like Henry's honestly but i think he lost alot of respect after his CL final comments. If we're talking about respect from other fans though, Ronaldinho gets alot too.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Steezy20)
Henry. He consistantly carries a whole team and makes them win more often then not when he plays. He plays a part in nearly all goals Arsenal score when he's playing.
Ronaldinho is well overrated as well.

Henry ftw
And Ronaldinho hasnt carried Barca to consecutive La Liga's and the CL?
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldinho

He has helped carry Barca much like Henry has done for Arsenal. Ronaldinho is only like 26/27 so he has a few good years left.
TSRXShogun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One is a scorer the other is a play-maker and one is in PL and the other is not? Just as expected more for Henry I guess what Ronnie did go unnotoced huh?:rolleyes:
Fusion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone think Shevchenko should not be starting for chelsea. He has hardly any input into the game, has no pace whatsoever and that will hardly get better with him hitting 30 soon. Players try to cater for him by bringing him into play but its not working out. He is just a liability for Chelsea and there are many fresh players on the bench who could replace him and bring much more to the team.
It was the worst buy ever me thinks, its time mourinho counts his losses and replaces him. Everyone goes on about he is one of the greatest strikers in the game but that was obviously in the past and is of no such calibre at the moment. Will he regain his prior form? I thinks its highly unlikely!
malfoy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i dont know if hes going to be a very good signing. I think the problem with him is a lack of confindence but being a manc im happy with that.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
great bit of business by milan i think
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Shevchenko will definitely come good soon enuff. He just needs time to get adjusted to a new team and life in the premiership. Although £30M was a bit too much to pay for him at his age, he is still amongst the top 5 strikers in the world and will score many goals for Chelsea before he retires.
Steezy20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've never rated Schevchenko tbh. Having said that, about the OPs referrence to him having no pace at all... neither did van Nistelhorse and he was really prolific. It always takes strikers time to adapt to the Premiership. For example, all van Nistelhorse did in the first season was get caught offside.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's a more scientific tactical reason for Andriy Shevchenko's lack of input for Chelsea. My brain's too tired to go through it; but I just want to state that it is this reason and not any lack of ability on Sheva's part that is causing the problem; Chelsea and Shevchenko are presently incompatible. Ditto Michael Ballack.
RocknRollPrincess
Report 12 years ago
I was at that game!! It was incredibly funny!
ManBearPig
Report 12 years ago
Is looking like Shevchenko is going to be the most expensive flop the premiership has seen.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed