The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ I think there was good reason for celebration tonight, partially due to the reason that every time Chelsea lost to Barca, they had 10 men. They always said they could beat or at least match them with the full 11 players.

Barcelona get too many refereeing decisions their way, and once again, it showed tonight.

I'm far from a Chelsea supporter; Arsenal infact, but Chelsea are the better team, and with Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Terry, Lampard, SWP are leading the way on English players, which represents England respectively.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham and even Tottenham are all supported by me against foreign teams. That's a true patriot of English clubs.
None of the other big 4 cheer on us so I wont bother cheering on them. :smile:

I would have cheered on Everton though, or Spurs, if they had made it lol.
Good excitement, bad football.

Barca seemed to create chances at will but only seemed to try up until they scored. Very strange, no drive, no determination. Too used to playing against teams that give up perhaps?

edit: I'm a Utd fan, still cheered on Chelsea because we would destroy Chelsea if we played them. Barca would beat us and if they are knocked out now that would be great.

They are both cheating scum though
walshie

I'm far from a Chelsea supporter; Arsenal infact, but Chelsea are the better team, and with Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Terry, Lampard, SWP are leading the way on English players, which represents England respectively.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham and even Tottenham are all supported by me against foreign teams. That's a true patriot of English clubs.

Disagree. Didnt think Chelsea were the better team at all.

'English clubs' Pretty ironic
afcwill
Rubbish, absolute rubbish!!!!!

i agree... rubbish are all absolute rubbish unless recycled.

P.S. C.Ronaldo should be a dancer too...
iCeCream
i agree... rubbish are all absolute rubbish unless recycled.

P.S. C.Ronaldo should be a dancer too...

Haha you make up some weird stufe iCeCream!, elaborate on the dancer remark
Reply 9006
football = random

they win today they can lose tomorrow. Still, it wasnt the most beautiful of footie games, each team deserved just a point.. id be ranting if one of them got 3 points from that
The_Bear
edit: I'm a Utd fan, still cheered on Chelsea because we would destroy Chelsea if we played them.

Lol, you must be joking. Chelsea will beat us at old trafford I'd imagine. Our league position is false, it's great that we're there obviously but both Liverpool and Arsenal are much better than us on their day IMO.

I'm not getting carried away with anything. Probably the usual trohyless sh*te.
Reply 9008
He is such a talented player but he is underselling himself by staying at liverpool. Ok he has a solid midfield in alonso and sissoko but look at who rafa adds to the team in the summer - pennant and bellamy! Come on he should be playing alongside the big boys not 2nd rate players.

He is nearing the peak of his career and the PL title is what a player of his calibre should be mounting a serious challenge for. Plus central mid. is what he prefers but rafa refuses that. I don't think he has sole loyalty to his childhood club because if it wasn't for the CL title in 2005 he would have left then I'm sure. So will he move on to a club that has realistic chances of winning plenty of trophies or even making serious challenges for them?
I personally feel he should move to United where they win so many trophies. Then he can sing about winning the League Cup with his best friend Rooney. And that's all they'll sing about.

He is happy where he is, Liverpool are winning trophies, he drifts inside when playing on the right, everything's excellent.
Reply 9010
Liverpool won't win a major trophy this season and if they do over the next few seasons it would be the FA cup. Definately no potential to challenge Utd and Chelsa domestically.
Fusion
Liverpool won't win a major trophy this season and if they do over the next few seasons it would be the FA cup. Definately no potential to challenge Utd and Chelsa domestically.
Benitez's first season at Liverpool: 5th

Second season: 3rd

Direction = up.

Two league titles with Valencia AHEAD OF BOTH Barcelona and Real Madrid.
justfarhan

Direction = up.

So?

They won't win the title this year and they will probably struggle in future years.

If they finish 4th this year are we gonna say their future direction is down?
Is this the most annoying thing ever? (I mean the commentary btw not what happens in the actual match)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VAUhJoGMO_M

Also do you think the final goal was partly the keepers fault? I know the ball is going fast but the way he has is legs open is almost asking for trouble - the way it went in was just about the ONLY way it was gonna go in.
Fusion
I don't think he has sole loyalty to his childhood club

Pretty sure he supported Everton as a lad as most Liverpool players from the liverpool area have done (Carragher, Fowler Mcmanamam and Owen did)
justfarhan

Direction = up.

:rolleyes:

Does that mean you're gonna win the league this year or something?

Wake up.
afcwill
Haha you make up some weird stufe iCeCream!, elaborate on the dancer remark

he sometimes dance while playing, or is it play while dancing? anyway, yeah he basically practice in the club, night clubs i mean
Reply 9017
If he wants come to Ac Milan he is welcome :biggrin: :biggrin:

We have Shevchenko's money to spend and he would be a fantastic investment :smile:

bye
Reply 9018
Compared to some of the alternatives I think it's bloody great.
No silly people, it means Liverpool are improving every season, as much as you'd hate to realise and come to reality. We are going to win the league, it is bound to happen with Benitez.

Blame yourself for being so deluded and fix up.

Latest