Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Alan Grant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Agree with the Villains. Gareth Barry is definitely underrated as a player. With what England have got available to them, he should DEFINITELY be in the squad.

PS. Bring Back Beckham
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Speak for yourself. Last time I heard OT didn't permit flags and stuff, yet Liverpool are allowed them there. Even Chelsea decided to join in the fun against Barcelona at Stamfrod Bridge.
And if I recall, that was one event that was definitely organised by the fans :rolleyes:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
No.

Hleb, Silva, Fabregas & Rosicky vs. Garcia, Alonso, Sissoko & Gerrard? Or even against Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs for that matter. Arsenal having a better midfield than Liverpool and Manchester United is hardly undisputed fact, now, is it.
Alex Hleb is (and I don't use this word lightly,) rubbish. Far too wasteful in posession for a team whose very gameplan is all about sustained possession. And not nearly effective enough.

But considering the line-ups you've presented Rainy, I think Gilberto Silva and Tomas Rosicky are more than talented enough to make up for any discrepancy brought by Helb in a Liverpool vs Arsenal comparison.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyhow, I don't see how having one of these makes you a real club. Arsenal > Man Utd. Just like to stir things up a bit.
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
--------Sissoko---------
Ronaldo-Gerrard-Fabregas
--------Rooney---------
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Robben--Fabregas---Gerrard---Lennon
----------Essien/Makelele-----------

Can't seem to choose the DM.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Robben--Fabregas---Gerrard---Lennon
----------Essien/Makelele-----------

Can't seem to choose the DM.
If you think you can afford the luxury of DM joining the attack, go with Essien.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
No.

Hleb, Silva, Fabregas & Rosicky vs. Garcia, Alonso, Sissoko & Gerrard? Or even against Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs for that matter. Arsenal having a better midfield than Liverpool and Manchester United is hardly undisputed fact, now, is it.
Umm, Arsenals is a stronger unit, by the virtue that if Liverpools midfield didn't have Stevie, it would crumble fairly rapidly. To arbitrarily rate the players at their jobs....

Hleb (66) + Silva (72) + Fab (87) + Rosicky (78) = 303/400

Garcia (66) + Alonso (70) + Sissoko (67) + Gerrard (90) = 293/400

And we have far more going for us in terms of a bench: Walcott, Baptista, Flamini, Ljundberg (80) - who when replacing Hleb would actually make us distinctly better than your midfield. Who the hell is Zenden!?! That is NOTHING compared to what Arsenal/Chelsea have in reserve.

Conclusion, Gerrard to an extent makes your team. Without Alonso and him, you would be below average. Take ANY TWO Arsenal middies away and we'd be alright.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
If you think you can afford the luxury of DM joining the attack, go with Essien.
Essien is a better tackler, but not as good at holding possession... But he can run ALL day.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
--Rosicky--Fabregas--Gerrard--Robben--
---------------Makalele----------------

gotta be the best
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Umm, Arsenals is a stronger unit, by the virtue that if Liverpools midfield didn't have Stevie, it would crumble fairly rapidly. To arbitrarily rate the players at their jobs....

Hleb (66) + Silva (72) + Fab (87) + Rosicky (78) = 303/400

Garcia (66) + Alonso (70) + Sissoko (67) + Gerrard (90) = 293/400

And we have far more going for us in terms of a bench: Walcott, Baptista, Flamini, Ljundberg (80) - who when replacing Hleb would actually make us distinctly better than your midfield. Who the hell is Zenden!?! That is NOTHING compared to what Arsenal/Chelsea have in reserve.

Conclusion, Gerrard to an extent makes your team. Without Alonso and him, you would be below average. Take ANY TWO Arsenal middies away and we'd be alright.
:laugh:

This is so stupid I may just neg you.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Big Lilly is minute comapred to the three big boys we bring out for european nights.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
Uhm... I could even argue with you the fact that Sissoko is more important to the 'midfield' as Gerrard plays a free role.
Liverpools central midfield is the best in England IMO.

Anyway..

Sissoko
Fabregas Gerrard Essien
Ronaldo
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I was thinking that. Got any links for your three big boys?
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Secondly what the hell are you getting these ratings from? 66 for Hleb who hasnt done much apart from give away possesion and only 67 and 70 for Sissoko and Alonso respectively? Sissoko has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the premeirship this season, and while Alonso has hardly been on fire he has been a damm 3 points better then Hleb.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Secondly what the hell are you getting these ratings from? 66 for Hleb who hasnt done much apart from give away possesion and only 67 and 70 for Sissoko and Alonso respectively? Sissoko has been one of the best defensive midfielders in the premeirship this season, and while Alonso has hardly been on fire he has been a damm 3 points better then Hleb.
They're arbitrary. And unforgivable quackery.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
That's true.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Thats the Liverbanner that the fans clubbed together for..0.4% of that flag is mine

The original one..
Cant find a link to the newest one. We also have 2 massive flags on poles that get waved.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's cool.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
They're arbitrary. And unforgivable quackery.
What the hell is Arbitrary mean.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (540)
80.24%
Leave (133)
19.76%

Watched Threads