Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
RobbieC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's not just me. On pro evolution soccer 6, Dudek is rated a better goalkeeper.

Ipso facto.

This isn't one of my jealousy hatreds, I just feel so bad for Dudek, who basically won the CL for Liverpool (well, the shootout), got binned... and he's actually in many ways superior to Reina. I don't know WHY exactly that took place.

It's like Jens Lehmann. Almunia is probably a better keeper, they just don't bin him because it would unsettle the back line or some ****.

And I'm an Arsenal fan.
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Win the Champions League: Lyon; you read it here first.
I hope you're right.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dont agree, past history means the club was a bigger club in the past...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by numero sept)
To me tradition means how many trophies you've won in your history.
Liverpool owns all then.
by-torslayshisfoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't agree. Don't see how being a successful team in the present makes you a bigger club.

Clubs like Man United and Liverpool ARE the two biggest clubs because of their past tradition. People still associate Man U with the Busby era and Liverpool with their domination in the 70's and 80's.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wonder if they're having a similar discussion about this in Germany with Bayern Munich...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
FILTHY Bolton (god I would laugh so hard)
I'd say good luck to them if they made it. Should they do and even progress to the group stages I hope they get drawn against Barcelona so that perhaps Ronaldinho, who made daft comments about Chelsea's 'physical' approach will perhaps have a rethink when Nolan, Davies and co come along.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Linfield > Arsenal on tradition, then.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's all this silly talk?

Gees. Everton have been a bigger club than Chelsea for decades, until recently where Chelsea have bought their way to become a big club.

Yes, what counts is what is happening at the moment, and Chelsea are the bigger (read: more successful) club at the moment.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I felt that it would be nice to see how we differ from the Premier League (or whoever awards this in real life) and see who we think deserves it.

Please could you send in your nominations as to who you think should be nominated for manager of the month. Nominations will be open for 7 days (closes on the 26th 00:00) and the voting process will start afterwards and last for 5 days.

Nominations will typically be started with the start of the last 12 days in each month, so that voting lasts 5 days without going into the next month.

Nominations are for domestic managers. Have thought of doing one for international managers too.

Well, I hope this works out - nothing wrong in trying! The only thing which worries me are people's own club's bias but we'll see about that. :top:
RobbieC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can you imagine ivan Campo slamming into Deco with two feet and studs showing... It would be amazing.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dowie for me
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
El-Hadji Diouf dives in the penalty box and gets the decisive winner and Messi starts complaining about cheating. Sam Allardyce then steps in saying he did what he had to in order to win. Memory flashback? :p:
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
It's like Jens Lehmann. Almunia is probably a better keeper, they just don't bin him because it would unsettle the back line or some ****.

And I'm an Arsenal fan.
Are you taking th p1ss or just downed 5 pints of strong russian Vodka?

Almunia is average at best, def not Arsenal 1st team quality

Lehmann was absolutely world class last year and easily one of the best keepers in the world. (This coming from someone who said we should have got rid of Lehmann 2 seasons ago, I hold my hands up I was completely wrong)
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Completely wrong place I know, and incredibly off topic, but check out some of the tunes here - amazing!
Lovejoy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a QPR fan, But this months manager of the months has to be John Gregory. The results a mediocre team like QPR have been achieving are incredible.

Cardiff 0-1 QPR
Luton 2-3 QPR
QPR 4-2 Crystal Palace
West Brom 3-3 QPR

Not bad at all..
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Linfield > Arsenal on tradition, then.
How come? I'm sure winning the Northern Ireland league is easier than winning the Premiership.

I wonder if they're having a similar discussion about this in Germany with Bayern Munich...
Who are only 4 points away from 1st place. By that rationale, Liverpool aren't a big club any more, since they're not near the top.
Liquid_Snake
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lennon -- Gerrard -- Fabregas -- Ronaldo
--------------Lampard---------------

what a midfield!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going to be different and say Sam Allardyce.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Please could you send in your nominations as to who you think should be nominated for manager of the month. Nominations will be open for 7 days (closes on the 26th 00:00) and the voting process will start afterwards and last for 5 days.

Nominations will typically be started with the start of the last 12 days in each month, so that voting lasts 5 days without going into the next month.

International could mean either managers who participate with their countries, or club teams abroad.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1490)
79.59%
Leave (382)
20.41%

Watched Threads