Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Kimi3013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Related, WHY are Cardiff and Swansea in the English?
gas_panic!
Badges: 12
Report 12 years ago
Cause apart from Cardiff and Swansea the Welsh league is the equivalent of the Midlands Alliance; ****.
sebas_back
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
There is absolutely no way a team that spends the amount of money you do, and with a wage structure like yours can be self sufficent.

Your Fanbase isnt large enough, and ticket sales isnt even a scratch on it.
He's bang right. Your support is shocking in number and voice, has nothing in the appeal of more illustrious clubs such as ourselves and dare I say it Liverpool. And sorry to get worked up on this again, but why anyone would feel enticed to support that gang of right wing, scarfer-stabbing ****s is beyond me: hence why you fail. When Roman leaves, you'll be left in the greasy hands of that ever-lasting b**stard Kenyon, and then I'll be left hoping you crash and burn even more so than I do now.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Football tv rights is ridiculous here, this is why a G- 14 league would be so much better. It would be like a CL semi-final every week
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wrexham also
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gas_panic!)
Cause apart from Cardiff and Swansea the Welsh league is the equivalent of the Midlands Alliance; ****.

Thats because rugby dominates wales
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can I just point out Wrexham are Welsh too, and play in the English league.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
Football tv rights is ridiculous here, this is why a G- 14 league would be so much better. It would be like a CL semi-final every week
No it wouldn't. The reason why you think CL semi finals are so great is because they are so rare! If there was a G14 league then proportionately some games will be considered much lesser to others. Also fans won't be willing to travel in their numbers to europe week in week out.

In fact the big english clubs wouldn't want things any other way to the present system conisdering the 38 league games each season, domestic cup competitions and european fixtures each season which all in all add up to a nice bit of revenue.
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
If i remember correctly, and if we're talking about the same interview, Mourinho said that if you remove some of the better paid players wages, Chelsea are nearly self-sufficient. I read this to mean that if you ignore maybe the top three players wages, then Chelsea FC, on a day to day basis (so ignoring the tens of millions spent in transfers each season), comes close to breaking even. Not exactly what you'd call self-sufficiency. The £140million loss for the 2004/2005 season would also suggest a dependancy
Chelsea are currently in the process of building themselves up to be self sufficient - i.e the shirt deal they got - in 10 years they may be getting premiership and CL winners prize money every season - its all about the long term - I imagine they will soon want a 70,000 seater stadium or something and to also epxand internationally with merchandise etc (USA)

I doubt Abramovich cares TOO much whether or not they will be able to repay all his debts because it's probably like a hobby to him and I doubt he will care if he has lost 100m net in 10 years time.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We're only 1/3 through. Don't be too hasty.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Manchester United will wipe the floor with any opposistion. Nuff said.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:laugh:
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kimi3013)
Related, WHY are Cardiff and Swansea in the English?
Berwick is in the Scottish Leagues but actually are English
dijon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As much as I'd love to see Cardiff in the premiership next year, I'm not so confident after the recent run of results, goals seem to have dried up. But I know that the several teams from the welsh premier league qualify for the qualifying rounds of the UEFA cup/Champions league eg TNS, Rhyl. I don't know if this would exclude Cardiff (or any other welsh teams that play in english leagues) from playing in europe. Anyway go Cardiff!
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Affiliated to the (English) FA, therefore get (English) FA spot.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Chelsea announced a desire to become self-sufficient not long before announcing a £140m loss for the financial year :rolleyes:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gotta love the kids eh ND.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by numero sept)
Like Liverpool in 10th place?
I dont see the relevance of this to anything..
No one would watch the top matches if they were boring. I remember Channel 4 used to show Serie A but they don't now because it was boring. Didn't matter if Juventus were playing AC Milan or something.
Dont be silly, Liverpool v Man united could be the most boring match ever but i guarantee it would still pull the crowds
Yes. You said yourself! Because they have the most fans, this means a larger audience.
They are the top paid teams because they are also the most entertaining.
Captain Scarlet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They actually arent affiliated to the English FA. Any misconduct reports go to the Welsh FA and they deal with them. That makes them affiliated to the Welsh FA which just confuses things.......
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/6170066.stm
Big up Torquay
Think it will work? Is it the right way to go about this? Should it be up to the clubs, or the FA?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed