The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And he's been here a YEAR!!! OMG
Dammit was hoping id be the first to post about this! Absolutely delighted with Torquay for making this move and tbh i think its also quite a smart one marketing wise - theyl win a lot of admirers/fans for being the first club to take a stand against cheating. Next strip i buy will be a Torquay one.
Reply 9662
Fair play to them

(See what I did there)

But seriously, good on 'em.
I'd love to see Cardiff in the Premiership. Wouldn't mind going there.
Any more takers?
cheating is a part of the game.

i would rather see my player dive, get a penelty and win the game.

if i was the maneger at a club, i would get my players to practice diving, esp.in the box, everyday in training

and of course i will tell them to try to get other players sent off

i beleive a weak team can win anything if they cheat, thats why i wanted an african team to dive around, and win it.
look at italy, they cheated and won the world cup.(italy=full of cheats)

for me its the win that counts, i dont care how they get it, as long as they get it, i would be happy. no one likes losing and thats a fact.

look at it this way, one club at a relegation battle, one player dives and saves the club from getting relegated

or would you want the player to stay on the feet, loose the match and get relegated

thats why i feel, i have no obligation on your own people cheating but if someones else does and my team loose by it, then it is wrong thats what i beleive.
Reply 9666
^Just confirming to me even more that lower league football is better to follow.
Reply 9667
EPD
^Just confirming to me even more that lower league football is better to follow.

Please.

Not all Premier League supporters are as stupid as this guy; I'm sure most of us abhor cheating.

And it's not as if all lower league fans are dead against cheating either.
Cheating needs to be stamped out, good on Torquay for taking this step.
They say consistently dive. How long/many is consistently?
Juwel
Please.

Not all Premier League supporters are as stupid as this guy; I'm sure most of us abhor cheating.

escuse moi, who you calling stupid

am just putting a point of view and if i become the maneger of any football club, i will make them want to dive around and win us matches. i believe if you cant win it fairly then dont be a hero and try to win it fairly, cheat and win it, you will be more succesful.

and please tell me a side who dont cheat, man utd cheat, they try to con the ref( surronding the ref when deciosen goes against them in order to get the next one)

brazil do it, rivaldo does it. time wasting

ronaldo does it

drogba does it, but know he has gone a bit quiter, cause the fan dont like it when he does it

i dont feel i need to talk about italy(italy=full of cheats)

gerrard done it for england before the world cup i think i could remba when he dived and earned england a penelty, it was in a friendly
and ian writh goes, team do it against us, so why dont take advantage and do it to them, ofcourse we dont like it but its part of the game

i rest my case
Reply 9671
As for Torquay I'm just very sceptical. Wait until the cheating achieves something big for the club. They'll more than likely take it rather than condemn the act. I think by announcing this "initiative" they're just attempting to generate good publicity but have given people a potential stick to beat them with.
*the special one*
escuse moi, who you calling stupid

am just putting a point of view and if i become the maneger of any football club, i will make them want to dive around and win us matches. i believe if you cant win it fairly then dont be a hero and try to win it fairly, cheat and win it, you will be more succesful.

and please tell me a side who dont cheat, man utd cheat, they try to con the ref( surronding the ref when deciosen goes against them in order to get the next one)

brazil do it, rivaldo does it. time wasting

ronaldo does it

drogba does it, but know he has gone a bit quiter, cause the fan dont like it when he does it

i dont feel i need to talk about italy(italy=full of cheats)

gerrard done it for england before the world cup i think i could remba when he dived and earned england a penelty, it was in a friendly
and ian writh goes, team do it against us, so why dont take advantage and do it to them, ofcourse we dont like it but its part of the game

i rest my case

And you're justifying it?
Reply 9673
Juwel
Please.

That may be the case, but it's still better.
Chelsea were cheating by a certain Premier League guy in the 50s from not allowing us to participate in the Champions League. :frown: :mad:
Carl1982
And you're justifying it?

just trying to say cheating is part of the game.

do whateva you want you cannot get rid of cheating, even if that torquay guy says he will sack them
i dont believe he has the balls, first he has to sack a good player, then i believe him.

i also feel the maneges will take cheating as lightly as possible, cause sometimes it could win you matches, either by givning some kinf of advanatge from soemwhere, i.e. penelty, or sending a player off(which barcleona and messi are experts at, which messi, just keeps rolling rolling rolling, to get the opposing player sent off)
Messi is a ****.
edit daniela: learn how to post properly
edit daniela: learn how to post properly
NDGAARONDI
They say consistently dive. How long/many is consistently?

The report i saw said that players who have been warned 3 times for cheating will never play for the club again.

Latest