Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I`d say out of luck for certain. The reality was, had Harewood not been attacked by cramp,he`d have scored a very late winner for West Ham. This, i would deem very bad luck. Yes, cramp affected players from both sets of teams, but ultimately cramp struck West Ham far the bigger blow. It was a big loss to West Ham, for Harewood to have missed a sitter, which effectively what it was and could be described as, had he not been suffering from cramp, a cramp which effectively ensured West Ham didn`t score a winner in the dying stages. This is very bad luck. Liverpool would have had very little time left to equalize, had Harewood converted that golden chance.
    Harewood would have had very little chance to put that ball in the back of the net if they hadn't earlier fluked a cross into the goal, poked in a shot dropped by Reina and had Carra fumble one in for them. That's what i call good luck for West Ham. West Ham were lucky to have scored three goals. Can you say the same of our goals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Harewood would have had very little chance to put that ball in the back of the net if they hadn't earlier fluked a cross into the goal, poked in a shot dropped by Reina and had Carra fumble one in for them. That's what i call good luck for West Ham. West Ham were lucky to have scored three goals. Can you say the same of our goals?
    Good luck is that amazing goal from Gerrard to equalise at 3-3, wasn`t it the last minute also? (not to mention Gerrard was struggling with cramp himself only minutes before his shot, so he was lucky he got in such a shot which seemed cramp-free, his shot wasn`t disabled by cramp like Harewoods, he and Liverpool should consider themselves forever fortunate for this!) How many of those actually find the back of the net in a real match situation? Very few. Very few of that quality go in, even in the club training context. When it came to luck, and luck deserting a team in the most significant of times and contexts, West Ham had a foul time with it. Liverpools mistakes, leading to West Ham`s goals, were forced by West Ham`s good, positive attacking intent - i think Liverpool were surprised at how West Ham came out of the block, didn`t seem much anxiety in their play. Maybe Liverpool started to realise just how dangerous the underdog,`nothing to lose` mentality can be,hence mistakes materialized. You`re overly harsh on West Ham`s playing achievements that day,IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck is that amazing goal from Gerrard to equalise at 3-3, wasn`t it the last minute also? (not to mention Gerrard was struggling with cramp himself only minutes before his shot, so he was lucky he got in such a shot which seemed cramp-free, his shot wasn`t disabled by cramp like Harewoods, he and Liverpool should consider themselves forever fortunate for this!) How many of those actually find the back of the net in a real match situation? Very few. Very few of that quality go in, even in the club training context. When it came to luck, and luck deserting a team in the most significant of times and contexts, West Ham had a foul time with it.
    All of our goals were scored in the ways that they were intended. All of theirs were the result of a fluke or a mistake by one of our players. Gerrard's goal was only as lucky as any shot at goal that goes in. And even if you discount that one, we still scored two others with no help from them, or from a fluke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    All of our goals were scored in the ways that they were intended. All of theirs were the result of a fluke or a mistake by one of our players. Gerrard's goal was only as lucky as any shot at goal that goes in. And even if you discount that one, we still scored two others with no help from them, or from a fluke.
    I`ve explained my stance on this in my last edited post. Anyway i have to shoot, it`s been a long day!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck is that amazing goal from Gerrard to equalise at 3-3, wasn`t it the last minute also? (not to mention Gerrard was struggling with cramp himself only minutes before his shot, so he was lucky he got in such a shot which seemed cramp-free, his shot wasn`t disabled by cramp like Harewoods, he and Liverpool should consider themselves forever fortunate for this!) How many of those actually find the back of the net in a real match situation? Very few. Very few of that quality go in, even in the club training context. When it came to luck, and luck deserting a team in the most significant of times and contexts, West Ham had a foul time with it. Liverpools mistakes, leading to West Ham`s goals, were forced by West Ham`s good, positive attacking intent - i think Liverpool were surprised at how West Ham came out of the block, didn`t seem much anxiety in their play. Maybe Liverpool started to realise just how dangerous the underdog,`nothing to lose` mentality can be,hence mistakes materialized. You`re overly harsh on West Ham`s playing achievements that day,IMHO.
    On any other day of that season Carra would have lumped that ball into the crowd or left it for Reina to pick up. On any other day Reina would have collected Benayoun's, not weak, but not strong shot and thrown the ball out for another attack. On any other day Konchesky's cross would have been headed or punched out from somewhere between the penalty spot and the six yard box. West Ham played well, and justified their place in the final, but their play didn't justify a victory. We were slightly better than them on the day

ReputationRep:
    I`ve explained my stance on this in my last edited post. Anyway i have to shoot, it`s been a long day!
    Ok, but i'd like to add that Crouch also had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside too bedtime for me too i think

ReputationRep:
    jamlan is still up and I'm off to work soon LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    jamlan is still up and I'm off to work soon LOL.
    I have tomorrow off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfurry)
    Yes, firstly your team will get to hear this in a defening tone before the match.

At Anfield in a cup competition?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYvFUERVOUI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KFuLE2FP0fI

Then you get to hear this after the match.

Opposition teams are so lucky

:tsr2:
    I'd rather watch Arsenal keep passing, passing and passing and keep going into our brick wall.

ReputationRep:
    hey football fans, I just wondered who in the PNE squad is suffering from a long term groin injury? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    hey football fans, I just wondered who in the PNE squad is suffering from a long term groin injury? Cheers
    it could be defender callum davidson, but hes back in training now. Theyre doing well as well, look to be going for promotion to the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll finish work 7pm tomorrow. Get to see the football then.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, this is just an idea for a society! The Italian Football Society!

Do many people on here enjoy watching Italian football or even support an Italian team? If you guys do then perhaps we can make an Italian football society! Lets discuss all things Italian football in this thread!
    What Italian team do you support?
    Have you been to watch a match live?

Anyway..next Saturday its ROMA vs FIORENTINA
    Huge match!!

ReputationRep:
    Moving slightly off-topic. Which match do you think will/would you like to be televised on the BBC?

I hope the Macclesfield game gets shown, although I think it could be the Arsenal game. Might end up being the Reading game for all we know :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal-Liverpool
    Chelsea-Maccelsfield (giant killing)
    And possibly charlton and the everton games

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this the other day, and I'd be intrigued to know what other people think.
    Do you think managers have a "level", the same way players do? For example, if you took a good conference player and bung him in the Premiership, he'd crash and burn. However, if you took a manager, put him in charge of a decent premiership club, would he be successful or would he too have reached his "limit"? There are undoubtedly cases of the best ones being successful at a higher level (Martin O'Neill for example), but would an "average" conference manager be an "average" premiership manager, or is there a ceiling on their abilities the same as a player? I'm just interested what people think.

ReputationRep:
    I think they do. Mick McCarthy is a Championship manager.

ReputationRep:
    Very good point; from an obscenely high points tally one season to a record low the next.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I could cut it in the prem, after all I took Kettering Town to the premiership from the confrence in straight seasons.

Reminded me of this for some reason: (very funny for those who havent seen)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~krit...gers%20job.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I reckon I could cut it in the prem, after all I took Kettering Town to the premiership from the confrence in straight seasons.

Reminded me of this for some reason: (very funny for those who havent seen)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~krit...gers%20job.htm
    That's absolutely brilliant I do like Steve Gibson, and that's made me like him even more.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.