Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: @ the iran-portugal match. I'm pretty sure Portugal will score in the 2nd half though..

(Original post by RobbieC)
    So sick of pointless teams stifling good ones... Portugal should be raping Iran completely. Iran's tactics aren't even considering trying to score, how stupid is that.
    i couldnt agree more dude...quite a dull game...not entertaining at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Serbia and Montenegro had one of the best defensive records in qualifying (something like 1 goal conceeded), they also finished ahead of Spain in their group. Yes, they under performed on the night but that was largely due to an excellent display by Argentina. To say they are a poor team is far off the mark.

Credit where credit is due.
    Serbia were without two of their first choice defenders though

ReputationRep:
    Astonishing and superb play by Joao Ricardo, Angola's goalkeeper. I know that the team have virtually no chance. The odds are so against them, a very poor country emerging from 27 years of war. This team has guts and did tremendously well fighting Mexico to a draw, and with a squad of 10 from the 79th minute. I salute the Palancas Negras, the Black Impalas.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen so far, England should be happy to place third. Maybe they will warm up more, and Thursday's match got better (Terry and Lennon in particular were terrific), but they have to encounter some or all of these teams: glittering Argentina, the Czech Republic's defense, the Netherlands who are looking very strong, Spain with so much talent, and of course Brazil the genius team. I hope for England, but...

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, Iran lost! Stupid penalty to give away. Great goal by Deco! But Iran could have drawn level.

Portugal=england!
    1:0 in 1st match, 2:0 in 2nd match! Slow starters and not played too brilliantly.

(Original post by Xenon)

Slow starters and not played too brilliantly.
    yeh i think they need to definitely up there game...a bit like us.

ReputationRep:
    Don't insult Portugal, Xenon. :p:

*hides*

a good penalty by Cristiano Ronaldo and good goal by Deco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Don't insult Portugal, Xenon. :p:

*hides*
    *Comes at you with my england flag pole*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    *Comes at you with my england flag pole*
    :afraid:

Go celebrate with the Queen! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Serbia and Montenegro had one of the best defensive records in qualifying (something like 1 goal conceeded), they also finished ahead of Spain in their group. Yes, they under performed on the night but that was largely due to an excellent display by Argentina. To say they are a poor team is far off the mark.

Credit where credit is due.
    I didn't call them a poor team. I said they were relatively poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I didn't call them a poor team. I said they were relatively poor.
    Apart from the big football nations in the world, most teams are 'relatively poor' but you dont often see such spankings handed out with that sort of football. You only have to look at the number of big teams that have been stifled by 'lesser' teams who have defended well.

I tipped Argentina before the tournament and will stick with them, but I agree a good start doesnt necesarilly mean they'll win it but in terms of their performance yesterday ; it deserves a hell of a lot of praise because it was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Ghana are leading! We might get our first upset!

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting... I really hope the CR pull this back, or I will not be impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting... I really hope the CR pull this back, or I will not be impressed.
    I really want an upset in the tournament, and so far, Ghana are looking the most likely team to perhaps produce that. And they should have gone 2:0 up.

ReputationRep:
    Ghana's playing alright, but Czech's playing horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Ghana deserve it, they're playing so much better. With a bit of luck they could go on with Czech if Italy do badly...

ReputationRep:
    So sick of pointless teams stifling good ones... Portugal should be raping Iran completely. Iran's tactics aren't even considering trying to score, how stupid is that.
    I agree. But when Trinidad & Tobago do this against England, why is this acceptable? They're being hailed as a great team. Dont think so. Playing football and trying to score is completely different to putting ten men behind the ball and hoping for a draw.

ReputationRep:
    See now this game is what the World Cup is all about, high tension and great attacking, open play.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.