Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

(Original post by bikerx23)
    shush pedant...

Oh the inevitable topic of Owens knee...did anyone else see it pop? That is one seriously fecked limb...
    gross dude...feel sorry for him

ReputationRep:
    his knee definately looked like it popped to me! I personally think it's more serious than they said, looking at the players performance after half time they looked like they had got some bad news during the break! I may be wrong! I hope not for Englands sake!

ReputationRep:
    Yea...I was watching the physio and thought I saw him replace it, so that would make sense...It looked like an extremely bad injury to me.

ReputationRep:
    Owen did the same thing to his knee a couple of years ago at Liverpool by jarring his foot in the turf and has knee collapsing. Most people land on their backside, but not Owen :confused:

(Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Owen did the same thing to his knee a couple of years ago at Liverpool by jarring his foot in the turf and has knee collapsing. Most people land on their backside, but not Owen :confused:
    typical!

ReputationRep:
    Same feeling to me.
    However, it's good thing when they meet a really strong team, like German or England. They might be done since no refs will perfer them then. They have used up all profits from refs!

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one but does anyone else feel that everytime Brazil play they always seem to get a host of crap decisions going for them?

Watching the game today, everytime they fell over the referee was obliging to give them a free kick. It was like if they were blown by the wind they'd get a free kick. It wasn't just against Australia it was against Croatia as well in their first match.

I mean let's face it, Australia and Croatia had their chances but no ones really got a chance against Brazil with the refs giving them all the pettiest free kicks all the time.

Everytime Australia went foward they got penalised, I mean how many fouls did Viduka give away for barely touching the Brazilian defence? Cafu and Lucio spent the whole of the second half time wasting and didn't get booked. They might as well hand them the trophy if that's their intent ffs.

Combined with this and BBC's kissass coverage of them I feel this is going to be a somewhat irritating summer.

ReputationRep:
    Portugal evidently got some today (but then again they did against England last time as well :P).

ReputationRep:
    god tina are looking good to win it

ReputationRep:
    what was the portugal mexico score earlier ? i missed it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)

he is a very unlucky dude owen...very unlucky to get injured like he did, and such a shame

(Original post by Hurricane_Herd)
    he is a very unlucky dude owen...very unlucky to get injured like he did, and such a shame
    true say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Joeeeey Cole!
    Looks like Chelsea have contributed to England's success quite a bit. Goal line clearance against T&T, goals and assists etc. :p:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Looks like Chelsea have contributed to England's success quite a bit. Goal line clearance against T&T, goals and assists etc. :p:
    right......:p:

ReputationRep:
    Why didnt sven play him in the Sweden game? Will he play a game in this years world cup? Why did Sven pick him if hes not gonna risk playing him? even if crouch/rooney get injured.. sven will probably put gerrard up front.

ReputationRep:
    I tut everytime I see Walcott :mad: Not because of him, but Sven. It's bloody stupid, and not his fault.

Wouldn't mind seeing Stevie G upfront but you'd rather a striker anyday.

ReputationRep:
    I ask myself that everytime he is mentioned. Its a joke, but sven is finished after the world cup so i dont see where the 'risk' is. Defoe must be kicking himself. Walcott is unproven, so why the f doesnt sven prove him, like you said, in games such as the one against sweden.

Sven is a complete joker, competely screwed us up, full stop!

ReputationRep:
    So we can all see his gorgeous girlfriend in the tabloids

(Original post by walshie)
    So we can all see his gorgeous girlfriend in the tabloids
    yeh shes a looker isnt she

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    Why didnt sven play him in the Sweden game? Will he play a game in this years world cup? Why did Sven pick him if hes not gonna risk playing him? even if crouch/rooney get injured.. sven will probably put gerrard up front.
    I have absolutely no idea. :confused:

I don't think it's fair to criticise Walcott though. Sven must have been high on something when he made that decision. I mean, who picks a 17 year old who has never played in the Prem, over proven goalscorers like Defoe, Bent and Johnson, without ever having seen him play?

If Sven had selected him with the intention of using him as a secret weapon or something, maybe it could be justified. But it doesn't look as if he will even dare to even use him in the last 10 minutes of games. It's a crazy situation.

Footballers' wives are grotesque creatures. I haven't seen Walcott's lady, but I'm sure she's hideous too. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.