Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Or just take more dives :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo)
    Or just take more dives :rolleyes:
    haha, i can see where your coming from :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well he won't be playing when Asamoah Gyan comes back after suspension anyway

ReputationRep:
    The USA has been done hard in this tournament in my opinion. I feel sorry for them. Everyone wanted Ghana to go through because it was only right that an African team deserved to go through :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i think it is quite interesting btw, to compare where ivory coast failed to that of where Ghana achived. Although yes, ivory had a slightly harder group, it was still obvious to me, that they did not have that spark coming from midfield....you know, the one that can find and provide the final ball, where as ghana have Essien and Apiah for that. although i was impressed with the ivory coast, they seemed to just pass the ball around the opposisions penatly box, before losing it.....But, hey i am sure they will be back...!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Rooney/Walcott or Walcott/Gerrardwould be wonderful partnerships.
    And you base that opinion after watching how many games? No offense btw but that's crazy talk, even for a Gooner

ReputationRep:
    The difference between the two midfields is the dynamism. Toure and Zokora are quality, but they're pretty much holding players masquerading as box-to-box midfielders. Ghana on the other hand have 3 well rounded midfielders...we know about Appiah and Essien, but expect Sulley Muntari to get a big move- he's had a great season and is potentially a tremendous player. When you have a fluid midfield like that you'd expect things to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe no-one has put Cannavaro at the back. He has been immense.

ReputationRep:
    So Ronaldo starts then, thought he was meant to be getting dropped after a relatively poor performance in the last game :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giwtis10)
    ----Edwin Van der Sar (The Netherlands)----
    Miguel (Spain)----Oijer(The Netherlands)----Iljiasu(Ghana)----Boka (I. Coast)
    ----Essien(Ghana)----
    -------Rosicky(Czech Republic)----Riquelme(Argentinos)-------
    ----Kaka(Brasil)----
    ---------Klose(Allemagne)----Torres(Espana)---------
    doesnt Miguel play for Portugal?

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooooooo! I'm so glad for the black stars (Ghana- my home country). Yes brazil is going to be hard to beat but who cares? We've made history by being the first african nation to get through to the last 16!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lykabelle)
    Wooooooooooo! I'm so glad for the black stars (Ghana- my home country). Yes brazil is going to be hard to beat but who cares? We've made history by being the first african nation to get through to the last 16!
    nigeria, cameroon, senegal?

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that Ronaldo might score today. He looks sharper and more up for it. Plus, he's got some history to make with his next goal too.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Japan just scored - cmon Brazil sort it out.

That japanese goalie is pretty sharp tho!

ReputationRep:
    Gods sake, you put money on Brazil to win, and they've bloody cocked it up.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Roooonaldo! Just one more please and my wallet will be very happy tonight

ReputationRep:
    hahaha...very good goal.

ReputationRep:
    Told you Ronaldo would score! I think he's scored more goals than any brazilian player in the world cup or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Told you Ronaldo would score! I think he's scored more goals than any brazilian player in the world cup or something.
    Yeah he's 1 or 2 goals away from Gerd Muller's all time record of 13 or 14 goals, something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Juninho Pernambucanoooooo, come on please keep winning Brazil

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.