Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please pardon my avatar for the next 30 an hour or so, I'm testing something out for Ollie.

He might be the Master of Avatars but sometimes he has to relie on his lackies!

ReputationRep:
    and this warranted a thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Please pardon my avatar for the next 30 an hour or so, I'm testing something out for Ollie.

He might be the Master of Avatars but sometimes he has to relie on his lackies!
    Right.

You could have just put that in your sig so people see it at the same time as any post.

ReputationRep:
    Please pardon my avatar for the next 30 an hour or so.
    You started a thread to tell us to not pay attention. That seems rather silly, to me.

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was just warning you, and explaining why - plus I only have room on my sig of 4 very short words max.

I do not need 30 mins to find out why my master, Ollie's Avatar won't work. I only needed 3 and Ollie must have known about it all along!

I think I don't need to give any explaintion of why it doesn't work, I think a quote in suffice enough -

The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 20000 bytes.

Yes, Master Ollie of Avatars has been trying to use an avatar which is too big in bite size.

Just a reminder of the guidelines

50x50 in pic size
    Though in recent weeks, some members have taken to enlarge their avatars to 100X100- any size big than 50X50 is againist the ruling set down by Ollie. So any such avatar will be shrunk by a mod, most likely Ollie.

Between 0 - 20000 bytes
    This mainly affects people with moving avatars, such as Master Ollie. (Anyone fancy counting the number of times I mention Ollie in this post?)

If you want an avatar resized or have a problem, you can e-mail it to the following people

Ollie - Master of Avatars

Myself - Princess of Avatars

Infinity - Goddess of Avatars

So after weeks of Master Ollie having no avatar, we know what was is wrong! However, I have a program which may help Ollie's problem...I'll see what I can do!

ReputationRep:
    So after weeks of Master Ollie having no avatar, we know what was is wrong! However, I have a program which may help Ollie's problem...I'll see what I can do!
    *Shocked* You mean, Ollie isn't actually omniscient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    *whips open in internet browser to dictionary.com* o-m-n-i-s-c-i-e-n-t *speed reads* ah right. Yes he isn't omniscient. What a great word, Mr White!

ReputationRep:
    *whips open in internet browser to dictionary.com* o-m-n-i-s-c-i-e-n-t *speed reads* ah right. Yes he isn't omniscient. What a great word, Mr White!
    No, he is merely sagacious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    No, he is merely sagacious
    And you, sir, are a fop.

ReputationRep:
    I suddenly see one of the reasons you said she was the biggest attention seeker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I suddenly see one of the reasons you said she was the biggest attention seeker.
    You're certainly not backward at coming forward.

ReputationRep:
    And you, sir, are a fop.
    Why, I'll that that as a comment.

ReputationRep:
    Is that Rinoa from FFVIII?

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was just warning you, and explaining why - plus I only have room on my sig of 4 very short words max.

I do not need 30 mins to find out why my master, Ollie's Avatar won't work. I only needed 3 and Ollie must have known about it all along!

I think I don't need to give any explaintion of why it doesn't work, I think a quote in suffice enough -

The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 20000 bytes.

Yes, Master Ollie of Avatars has been trying to use an avatar which is too big in bite size.

Just a reminder of the guidelines

50x50 in pic size
    Though in recent weeks, some members have taken to enlarge their avatars to 100X100- any size big than 50X50 is againist the ruling set down by Ollie. So any such avatar will be shrunk by a mod, most likely Ollie.

Between 0 - 20000 bytes
    This mainly affects people with moving avatars, such as Master Ollie. (Anyone fancy counting the number of times I mention Ollie in this post?)

If you want an avatar resized or have a problem, you can e-mail it to the following people

Ollie - Master of Avatars

Myself - Princess of Avatars

Infinity - Goddess of Avatars

you think these mere matter of bytes matters to me king of avatars! im aware of the byte limit, but these things are overcome easily when ure a mod

the problem is actually a vb problem and wont be fixed untill vb3 comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    you think these mere matter of bytes matters to me king of avatars! im aware of the byte limit, but these things are overcome easily when ure a mod

the problem is actually a vb problem and wont be fixed untill vb3 comes out.
    right, funny how, you are the ONLY person affected by this!

ReputationRep:
    right, funny how, you are the ONLY person affected by this!
    as far as i am aware just the mods

to quote d

(Original post by d)
    I've set the options for the avatar, but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps an upgrade is required
    and

(Original post by d)
    Hmm, i'll need to look into this. Can't see why it isn't working

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I did it!!!

I can't believe it, I have Ollie's avatar...

Ollie, you don't need the Avatar page to make it work!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I did it!!!

I can't believe it, I have Ollie's avatar...

Ollie, you don't need the Avatar page to make it work!!
    please elabourate,

i hope im very wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    please elabourate,

i hope im very wrong!
    Why should I? The best master are the ones whose students become greater than them!

ReputationRep:
    Why should I? The best master are the ones whose students become greater than them!
    if you can fix it, you will be rewarded heavily

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.