The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who???

Never heard of them but going to look it up now via googling, you do the same, fingers crossed
Reply 2
Original post by B~urself
Who???

I think they are quite new, as their videos on youtube have only been posted about 1-2 motnhs ago, but whenever i fill the online quote form, i get the message that they can't quote me:angry:
Reply 3
Original post by footballfan

[QUOTE="footballfan;34799450"]
Original post by B~urself
Who???

I think they are quite new, as their videos on youtube have only been posted about 1-2 motnhs ago, but whenever i fill the online quote form, i get the message that they can't quote me:angry:

I did an online form yesterday after seeing this and just as I was due to be shown the quote a message appeared saying unable to quote and ring up blahdy blah blah

is that what message you got as well?
Reply 4
[QUOTE="B~urself;34799645"]

is that what message you got as well?

yeah, i think its best to call them, but still can't find anyone who tried them:s-smilie:
Reply 5
Hadn’t heard of them, but I do like the idea of this telematics insurance thing - if it can cut my premium. Links with Williams and Orange too so seems legit albeit new. Also I just did a quote with ingenie and it looked like a contender, price-wise. Not due to renew for a bit, but will come back to these for another look.

Anyone else with experience of these guys?
Reply 6
I Have been looking into getting my insurance from them i looked into what they actually do, and considering there are no restrictions with the tracker and there is no charge for installing i am very impressed :biggrin:... from what i can tell its a new insurer, i read an article about it dated november 2011 and they werent running yet ... i have got a quote on a car for nearly £2000 cheaper then any other quote ive had, However they do seem to favour girls ... i put in the exact same information, but said i was male and it went back up to £3600 (ish)
I'm with ingine car insurance they are good right up till the 3 months is near when, if you driving is good they give you 10% of you money back. First month of driving was great all green. Second mouth not to bad but coming to the end of my third month and there picking me up on stupid things like 31-32 mph in a 30 zone and on top of that the box falls out so you have to ring up book an appointment and wait for them to come out and fix it again. It sticks I'm stuck with these for a yr there's no way I'm staying with them. If anything I'm gonna end up paying the 10 extra
Reply 8
I'm guessing they install a box in your car? If so no way, my insurance will be an insane amount, with the speed the fast lane of m6 or m5 travels at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah behind your glove box! It's stupid I hate it tbh putting me off driving haven't use my car since Thursday night! Coz I'm sick of getting messages saying I'm speeding!! Doing 32 in a 30 really!! They are doing it to cut down the risk of crashes but If anything gonna cause more of a risk coz my eyes are constantly on the speed and I'm getting cut up coz everyone is impatient!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys just wondering, has anyone heard of ingenie car insurance, and if you have what were their prices, as they advertise themselves as insurance for 17-25 and review your driving style quarterly, if you have driving well then your premium for the next three months is reduced :confused:

From personal experience with the company dont go with them, they are terrible. They penalise you for every little mistake you do and have to pay them for it. As well as that they are SO expensive its unreal... for my first year i paid £3,400! and fees on top of that because apparently 20 mph round a round about is too quick? anyway i hate the company and id advise you not to use it. hope that helped, sorry it was a bit of a rant.
I don't know what LiamJames and Danielle are talking about as in no way are Ingenie as strict as you are making out, however in reply to the original poster, I am currently with this insurance company.

I passed my driving test in June, and I was quoted everywhere at a minimum of £3,000 (I could find some that were cheaper by up to £1,000, however they wanted upfront payment which I couldn't afford, I needed it monthly) - So I went with Ingenie who quoted me £1,800 at a monthly rate, with the obvious possibility that I could get even cheaper premiums if I drive carefully.

They are a fairly good company, they got my black box fitted free of charge within a few days of taking out the policy and it isn't as strict as people may believe. Every 10 days you receive feedback on the following; Acceleration, Speed, Cornering and Braking all of which are rated on a sort of traffic light rating system with green being good, amber needing improvement, and red being bad (I do believe there is also black, but that is sort of constant 130MPH speeding that would trigger that, and ultimately the termination of your policy).

I've received a mix of messages, some weeks I get all green, some I receive all amber, which I'm not complaining about considering I do speed on occasion or drive a bit stupidly, as any newly passed teenager would do, so to have such good messages even when driving fairly badly would suggest they aren't overly strict. The only times they warn you is if you've made a massive mistake, for example, I once went over the speed limit by 30mph and I only got an amber warning, also I oncetook a hair pin corner, at a speed of 40.3mph which only gave me an amber warning for cornering (Cornering is measured in G-Force). I phoned up about these events to check what I had did wrong, they were kind enough to email me the exact event log that showed for them with GPS co-ordinate of where the event happened and at what speed, and they assured me that as these were single events they wouldn't even have an impact at all on my quarterly review. So definitely not a strict company as some others are making out.

I recently got my first quarterly review, and to my surprise I got a reduction of £30 even with some of my dubious driving habits. Which if repeated throughout the year, could see my insurance cost drop by £120 which definitely helps.

I would recommend it without a doubt if you aren't someone who loves to dangerous drive too much, although I do admit you are quite regularly worried about speeding and such at first, but I've learned to slowly get over it after seeing how lenient they are.

Warning; If you receive a serious warning message, don't panic. I phoned up after receiving some of these and on every occasion it turned out to be a mistake on their part for not updating the speed limits on certain roads. Also referring to the end of my fourth paragraph, you can see even serious events have no affect on your review.

EDIT; I forgot to mention that I also had a car crash, a vehicle hit the accelerator instead of the brakes and hit into the back of me, luckily they admitted full liability and my no claims wasn't affected, however they originally sent me to Enterprise for my courtesy vehicle but I had some problems as I wasn't above 21 - Luckily they outsourced it to a company called CCL which gave me a lovely 13 plate Seat Ibiza while my car was being repaired.
(edited 10 years ago)
hey guys just wondering, has anyone heard of ingenie car insurance, and if you have what were their prices, as they advertise themselves as insurance for 17-25 and review your driving style quarterly, if you have driving well then your premium for the next three months is reduced :confused:

this insurance is amazing! I have a 1.0 litre corsa and the insurance is £115 a month! it was only £98 but I wanted a bigger annual milage which put the price up, but even so £115 is amazing, everywhere else was asking for around £160 a month and as I have small hours at work this is really handy! recommend it to drivers just starting up if they can't afford a high premium!
Reply 13
Hi
I have just got a quote off them for my 1.2 liter old style Clio. They have been the cheapest insurance company that I have found so far at just over 2200 pound. I have found that if you put one of your parents on as an added driver it go's down by quite a bit.
I just turned 21 and bought myself a VW Polo. Managed to get insurance from them for £912!

Best by far.

Yet to get a rating for my driving....
Reply 15
There a bump all they do is take your money from you, I regret taking out my insurance with them, My insurance cover was fully comprehensive, I payed over 2,000 for the year and for what I was covered for nothing, I broke down I had to pay for it someone damaged my car once again I was told I had to pay for it, so what was I really paying over 2,000 for???? They suddenly cancelled my insurance cover because I had to pay a premium when I was told when I took out the cover that I will be making no further payments, they "claim" they contacted me which they never the only correspondents I had from them was to say They had cancelled my cover. I will be taking further action on them because they abosloutly took the piss the customer service I got was **** too.
Reply 16
There a bump all they do is take your money from you, I regret taking out my insurance with them, My insurance cover was fully comprehensive, I payed over 2,000 for the year and for what I was covered for nothing, I broke down I had to pay for it someone damaged my car once again I was told I had to pay for it, so what was I really paying over 2,000 for???? They suddenly cancelled my insurance cover because I had to pay a premium when I was told when I took out the cover that I will be making no further payments, they "claim" they contacted me which they never the only correspondents I had from them was to say They had cancelled my cover. I will be taking further action on them because they abosloutly took the piss the customer service I got was **** too.
Hi all, seeing as ingenie have such bad reviews, has anyone used a company reviewed here: http://www.insurersreviewed.co.uk/car-insurance/ - i can see this thread dates back to 2011 so any students who have had a positive experience with once of those companies would help. I am trying to help my son find a company to use based on their reviews (and of course price) but quite confused (no pun intended!)
Can I just say that ingenie are actually pretty good, I have insurance with them only 650 for the year only passed my test 8 months ago , I crashed last week and my car is a write off and they have just offered me 1850 for my car which I only paid 1000 for , they have taken less than a week to deal with my claim and absolutely no problems with them
We went with Ingenie for my 18 yr old son on provisional driver last December, premium was £1165 based predicted mileage of 10,000 a year, as we didn't know what mileage he would be doing at that time, he is owner of his citreon c2 1.1 and policy in his name, with mum & dad named experienced named drivers no accidents/convictions etc (it helps if you add 2 names drivers like this even if they have no intention to drive the vehicle) when he passed his test 3 mths later I expected to pay extra but was only charged £25 admin fee, his feedback is mostly good, sometimes needs improvement, he is on track to having money back on his policy each quarter, the feedback every 10 days is goos as it gives you hints and tips to improve your driving, I would recommend them, especially as a new driver it makes you drive carefully, as after all your only allowed 6 point in your first year or you loose your licence, also It gives parents peace of mind that they are driving safely

Latest