Turn on thread page Beta

Pete Doherty: Yet another drugs arrest watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seems Pete has been arrested for driving under the inluence and having drugs yet again...

just what does this guy have to do to get sent down with a lengthy sentance! :mad:

If I got caught driving 'high' in my car, with cocaine, heroin and weed for about the 3rd or 4th time in recent weeks...do you think i'd be able to go round carrying on playing gigs and doing whatever I want?

I very much doubt it, it just frustrates me how he does as he pleases, when hes dangering other people...as he could run someone down and injure them in that car and obviously drug possession is illegal.

Lock him up for good I say, complete and utter waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    He should have his licence taken away and be put into rehab. Then locked up in a room and never allowed out (i.e. jailed).

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why he hasn't gone in to rehab yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    If I got caught driving 'high' in my car, with cocaine, heroin and weed for about the 3rd or 4th time in recent weeks..
    It's not just that, it was the second time today he was arrested.

ReputationRep:
    He needs a big slap

ReputationRep:
    It's the second time he's been caught using Class A drugs and he hasn't been given a prision sentence?

ReputationRep:
    He's merely continuing his pathetic descent into some kind of embarassing rock martyrdom.

Just like Kurt Cobain except without even that one good song.

I'd like to know how exactly he manages to get away with it every single time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    I'd like to know how exactly he manages to get away with it every single time.
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    And I'd like to know how come the police manage to stop him and arrest him for possession of drugs when there are children being abused, girls being raped, women beaten up by their husbands, burglars, thieves, paedophiles etc. etc. that they should be worried about?
    Oh right, I forgot, he's a "role model" and a celebrity, plus he dated Kate Moss, so I guess it's like reeeeeaaally important to lock him up. Because that will help to make this world a better place and more peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if he runs someone over whilst driving under the influence then it becomes a bit more of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    He's merely continuing his pathetic descent into some kind of embarassing rock martyrdom.

Just like Kurt Cobain except without even that one good song.
    *******s he's got an addiction that aint his fault and he has made decent songs you either a)havnt heard of them or b) have no taste what so ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mart887)
    *******s he's got an addiction that aint his fault and he has made decent songs you either a)havnt heard of them or b) have no taste what so ever
    I've heard more than enough for my liking.

An addiction? He isn't a man, he's a living breathing cry for help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mart887)
    noone made him start injecting himself...

Class A drugs are hard to "get into" in my opinion, its not like he went to the local shop and got addicted to something (like tobacco and alcohol) you have to either know druggie freinds or know a dealer...

and Pete has is it 11 A* GCSE's for starters, hes hardly some stupid youth thats been mis-led.

I have no sympathy for him what so ever...

and neither would you if he ran over you or someone you cared for, or crashed into your car etc...just becuase he thinks hes a celeb and is above the law.

also: yes he has made 'good' music, but what the earlier poster meant is he hasnt made one massive song (such as Nirvana's 'smells like teen spirit') so if he did overdose or something, he'd be quickly forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    He gets bail all the time so he can continue to perform.
    I don't think I would get bail so that I could carry on going to work.

5 letters: R.E.H.AB.

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood the appeal of Pete Doherty or any of his bands. Babyshambles are truly chronic, and their success comes purely from the fact that they were his "other band". He's been portrayed as this mysterious, "tortured genius" when in reality he is proving to be a desperately sad loser. I personally can't believe that he has been given so many chances to clean himself up, he's a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    If I got caught driving 'high' in my car, with cocaine, heroin and weed for about the 3rd or 4th time in recent weeks...do you think i'd be able to go round carrying on playing gigs and doing whatever I want?
    Having money makes the judges look the other way.

ReputationRep:
    If he can pay for his habit then why dont they spend their time cracking down on people who dont have the cash to pay and rob houses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    If he can pay for his habit then why dont they spend their time cracking down on people who dont have the cash to pay and rob houses?
    er...like Pete Doherty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)

so you missed his prison spell for burglary

and lets get facts straight, drug possession is illigal no matter how you pay for them.

also it maybe wouldent be too bad if he was sat in a house doing them, but driving whilst high is irrisponsible...as ive already said in this thread, how would you feel if some drug driver crashed into your car, and seriously injured you...or ran over a member of your family.

I doubt youd be taking the "the police have better things to do" line.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.