Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering when do most universities start, as I've just been offered a holiday and will be returning on the 3rd of september. Would this leave enough time to get some stuff together and get to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, most uni's start mid-September to early October.

ReputationRep:
    That'd leave a decent amount of time then.
    Another question, when can you move into halls? A week or so before the course starts?

ReputationRep:
    You may have to contact the University for that, but there's a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    You will receive all the information with your offer of accomodation, it all depends which University you've got accepted as firm. If you search on their website most have the coming years semester dates available.

ReputationRep:
    Each university website usually has term dates up for next year. So you can check on them. It'll either say enrolment (freshers' week) is the week before, or it will include enrolment in that date. You usually move in the weekend of freshers' week.

ReputationRep:
    last year at Birmingham, term started on the 26th (mon) with freshers' week begining on the 19th (mon). lots of students were in on the 16th (fri) asking for freshers' week itinerary.

ReputationRep:
    I moved in on the 4th of September, and I think I was the first fresher on here (at least the first one who moved in at the start of freshers' week).

My uni certainly has their academic calendar for next year on their website. You could try looking up the ones of the unis you're interested in.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing? Why don't you email the uni and ask them, or phone them. i shouldn't imagine it will be a problem as most uni courses start mid-late september, or some as late as mid october.
    But it depends on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Trent always starts either the 1st week of october or the 2nd

ReputationRep:
    Alot of unis have next year term dates on their website already.. but ou should be fine, i moved in 25th sept, started in october.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.