ReputationRep:
    The list is:

*Debenhams
    *Zara
    *House of Fraser
    *John Lewis
    *TK Maxx
    *Matalan
    *Bridal shops - you can often get discounted bridesmaids dresses that are much nicer than your average prom dress but cost considerably less.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with monsoon and their yummy ball dresses..just make sure you dnt ruin a beaautiful dress with rubbish bag and shoes=waste of time..but good luck

ReputationRep:
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    Some people are a bit snobby about buying dresses from Monsoon because so many other people do. But I'm telling you, there's a reason for that. Their dresses are good quality, beautiful and above all, flattering. I have this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Some people are a bit snobby about buying dresses from Monsoon because so many other people do. But I'm telling you, there's a reason for that. Their dresses are good quality, beautiful and above all, flattering. I have this one.
    I think that dress looks nice, but it's really hard to tell without seeing someone in it - at the moment I could equally well mistake it for a hanky, but perhaps that's because it's 3am and I'm probably a little tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    I think that dress looks nice, but it's really hard to tell without seeing someone in it - at the moment I could equally well mistake it for a hanky, but perhaps that's because it's 3am and I'm probably a little tired.
    No, there's a lot of material to it and it comes to mid calf (almost ankle) length. Technically it's a wedding dress, but I wouldn't wear it as one. It has a ruched bodice which is great because it means you can be strapless without looking boobless. I'm a D cup but some strapless dresses can make me look flat as a pancake!

ReputationRep:
    No, there's a lot of material to it and it comes to mid calf (almost ankle) length. Technically it's a wedding dress, but I wouldn't wear it as one. It has a ruched bodice which is great because it means you can be strapless without looking boobless. I'm a D cup but some strapless dresses can make me look flat as a pancake!
    Well in that case it sounds good! And on that note I will bid you goodnight. x

ReputationRep:
    Ditto with Debenhams. My last one is Pierce II Fionda from the Designers @ Debenhams section, and I'm completely in love with it. And nobody else had it

ReputationRep:
    I have that dress in black. It's gorgeous. I get loads of compliments for it when I bring it out.

ReputationRep:
    i need to find a dress for my last day prom in may, im thinking of going shopping in London!

ReputationRep:
    Karen Millen do absolutely stunning dresses, and they are not much more expensive than Monsoon. If you find a style of dress you like you can always try ebay if you're looking for a bargain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallelduck)
    I have that dress in black. It's gorgeous. I get loads of compliments for it when I bring it out.
    It's just a gorgeous style. I might get mine dyed a different colour once I've worn it a few times to give it a new lease of life.

ReputationRep:
    I love Monsoon, but i'm biased as I used to work there

All their dresses are gorgeous and really well made. You definately get what you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_flo)
    Karen Millen do absolutely stunning dresses, and they are not much more expensive than Monsoon. If you find a style of dress you like you can always try ebay if you're looking for a bargain
    Yeah, Karen Millen do gorgeous dresses! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    I love Monsoon, but i'm biased as I used to work there

All their dresses are gorgeous and really well made. You definately get what you pay for.
    I like it during the sales, when their going out tops are reduced by ridiculous amounts. I got one top reduced from £85 to £25 and another reduced from £80 to £24. You get beautiful tops for the price of normal ones, and they don't just have them left in a 6 and a 20.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.