Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just as repulsive as fur. the cruel way in which the skin is removed from the writhing animal's body as it dies is truly sick and i cannot understand the motivation. just as bad as a human skin coat, we're all animals after all, only we're intelligent enough to know what we're doing is wrong and still do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Goddess_Henna*)
    just as repulsive as fur. the cruel way in which the skin is removed from the writhing animal's body as it dies is truly sick and i cannot understand the motivation. just as bad as a human skin coat, we're all animals after all, only we're intelligent enough to know what we're doing is wrong and still do it...
    excuse me, have you ever been to a crocadile leather farm? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I really dont understand why people make such a big deal out of wearing fur and croc skin etc, when the vast majority have worn leather in some shape or form on at some point. I wear fox, lynx, mink and rabbit fur on almost a daily basis and most people dont have a problem with it. My Asprey holdall is crocodile skin, it looks beautiful, so I'd advise anyone to invest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbrowsing)
    I really dont understand why people make such a big deal out of wearing fur and croc skin etc, when the vast majority have worn leather in some shape or form on at some point. I wear fox, lynx, mink and rabbit fur on almost a daily basis and most people dont have a problem with it. My Asprey holdall is crocodile skin, it looks beautiful, so I'd advise anyone to invest!
    Oh dear, i bet you got neg-repped for that!

ReputationRep:
    i personally dont have a problem with it, i also dont have a problem with fur. Just the way i am i cant see the point in getting neg repped for it its just an opinion. with the bovine leather thing i do find it quite amusing that vegetarians and anti-fur people have no problem wearing it, glad im not the only one who finds it ironic.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, interesting feedback.

I don't see a problem with crocodile or camel leather, though of course I can see why others would.

As for fur... I am undecided. I hate the glorification of the death of an animal in fur (i.e. a mink stole which still has the face, legs and shape of the animal including tail) but I do like it as a warm, quality, hard-wearing material. I hate the idea of an animal suffering for my clothing, but on the other hand I wear leather shoes and carry a leather purse. Its a tough one.

ReputationRep:
    What about duck down duvets, pillows and coats?

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting - cows leather/fur/crocodile leather are the same to me. I think it's stupid when people say I love animals but then glady wear their skins

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.