Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right, you know when you're applying for accommodation for uni? how many halls do you have to put down, in a list of preference or something, or is it just one?? or does it even vary from uni to uni??

i'm just wondering cause it says i'll be getting my accommodation forms soon..

ps...anyone have any thoughts on the halls in portsmouth?? anybody staying there now etc....??

tank-a-choo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    right, you know when you're applying for accommodation for uni? how many halls do you have to put down, in a list of preference or something, or is it just one?? or does it even vary from uni to uni??

i'm just wondering cause it says i'll be getting my accommodation forms soon..

ps...anyone have any thoughts on the halls in portsmouth?? anybody staying there now etc....??

tank-a-choo!!

From what I've seen in varies very much from uni to uni both in the time time you need to send your accomodation form in for and the way it is set out.
    Sorry don't know much about Portsmouth though.....

ReputationRep:
    As Riz says it depends on individual unis - see if you can find what you want here if you're still not satsified give thier accomodation office a call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)

I'm currently at Portsmouth. I didn't get a place in halls but I did fill out an accommodation form. From what I remember you just had to put the halls you wanted to live in, in order of preference and just leave out any you didn't want.

However, Portsmouth was my insurance choice and on the accommodation form for my first choice Uni you had to put all of the halls in order of preference without leaving any out.

Hope that helps a bit.

ReputationRep:
    oh, hey thanks!!

i think i'll be getting my forms pretty soon from what they told me last week at an open day...wooo!!

what is it like in portsmouth too, as a student i mean??

i havent spoken to many people who are actually studying there, so any more opinions will be happily received

thanks again!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.