first kiss was with a stranger in a club

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi TSR,

I am a 19 year old girl and its my second month at uni. before now, I have had very little experience on the 'relationship' front. I had never been kissed and have never had sex and have never had a BF. the closest to being kissed was when a guy that I liked for a very long time kissed me on the cheek in year 13. I was so happy and it remains to be one of the most special moments of my life. I always hoped that I would one day meet someone special who would give me my first proper kiss.

But yesterday I went to a club with a few friends and after a couple of drinks I ended up kissing a guy with tongues that I had just met a couple of minutes before. I had to run off and leave him because I had lost my friends. I didn't get his name or his phone number and he kissed me on the cheek goodbye. I completely regretted it afterwards. It wasn't special or meaningfrul at all and I am so upset that I lost my first kiss that way. the more I think about it the cheaper it makes me feel. I don't know what came over me. I wasn't even drunk and I can't believe I did something that stupid. but I am 19 years old and having never been kissed its best I guess just to have got it over with. I don't know how to feel. I guess its done now and I can't go back and change things.

What do people think?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JohnJoe)
My first kiss was my cousine (a girl) demonstrating how married people kiss.

I was completely like "wth" and wiped my mouth afterwards. Good times. (We were about 14)
thanks so much. I guess today's culture places such a significance on the first kiss being a special and magical experience especially in literature and films that we are lead to believe that it should be that way for us. I guess I always wanted it to be that way for me and the reality is not as pretty.
Gigamonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a real shame that this happened, but all I can say is at least it wasn't your virginity!
Cataquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can place too much importance on a kiss. If your next proper kiss is with someone you really fancy and know quite well then it'll be fine to count that as your first kiss if you want to. No one will ever know and nothing has changed within you permanently because you held your face to someone else's in a club. Not getting the guy's number isn't anything to be upset about either - chances are for him it was just a random kiss in a club. So don't worry, loads of people don't kiss properly for ages. It'll happen and when it does happen properly it'll be ****ing amazing and you'll forget that it ever mattered so much to you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cataquack)
You can place too much importance on a kiss. If your next proper kiss is with someone you really fancy and know quite well then it'll be fine to count that as your first kiss if you want to. No one will ever know and nothing has changed within you permanently because you held your face to someone else's in a club. Not getting the guy's number isn't anything to be upset about either - chances are for him it was just a random kiss in a club. So don't worry, loads of people don't kiss properly for ages. It'll happen and when it does happen properly it'll be ****ing amazing and you'll forget that it ever mattered so much to you.
thanks so much for the enouraging post. tbh I hated the kiss itself. he just plunged into my mouth with his tongue. It was horrible. I didn't feel anything emotionally. It was wet and uncomfortable and just ewww! When he leaned in to kiss me, in the moment I really wanted him to kiss me because I had been waiting so long for it to happen that I just wanted to do it so bad so didn't stop him or move away. after that a different guy tried to kiss me in the same club but I stopped myself for fear of even more regret later on. I can't see myself being in a relationship anytime soon though. I am just not confident enough in a normal setting and have trouble attracting guys. so it was getting silly that I was 19 and hasn't been kissed. I guess its done now. I have lost that label and stigma of being unkissed and can now move on.
Lucia.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah don't worry about this. It doesn't say anything about you. I guess it's great if your first kiss is meaningful but it doesn't have to be. It doesn't make future kisses with people you actually love meaningless. The same goes for sex I guess.
Mequa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My first kiss was pretty disgusting. She was younger than me but much more experienced in that way. Not that that made her any better at it - she basically just slobbered into my mouth, presumably what her (much!) older ex-boyfriend enjoyed. Eww.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My first kiss was horrible too.
Think of it as getting all the crap ones out of the way :awesome:
martinebeadwin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
first kisses are usually always awkward. my first kiss, girl taped me and i turned around to an awkward kiss.
pinouche13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Better to screw up your first with a stranger than your futur bf
iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think most people's first kiss is awkward and meaningless. It doesn't matter, relax.
Anonymous #1
thanks so much everyone! I feel a lot better about it. its been two days since it happened and I've had more time to accept it and get used to what happened. I feel a lot better about it. I guess now I feel much more confident about myself to go out and try new things instead of being such a prude and an idealist. I am happy that I had the guts to just go out and kiss a random guy because in the real world/ when I am completely sober I would be much too shy to approach guys and do anything like this. So I needed that to boost my confidence and loosen me up a bit.

does anyone else have any stories about bad first kisses?
mysticalfluffy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
my first kiss was nice at the time but has bad memories attached to it given that we broke up quite horribly... The first time you make love should me more important to you.
*Dreaming*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chill out. It was a kiss not sex. My first kiss what with a guy that turned out to be a complete ****, and he didn't have the looks either. Makes me cringe to think about it, but life goes on and you put it down to experience.
fourdigit
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi TSR,

I am a 19 year old girl and its my second month at uni. before now, I have had very little experience on the 'relationship' front. I had never been kissed and have never had sex and have never had a BF. the closest to being kissed was when a guy that I liked for a very long time kissed me on the cheek in year 13. I was so happy and it remains to be one of the most special moments of my life. I always hoped that I would one day meet someone special who would give me my first proper kiss.

But yesterday I went to a club with a few friends and after a couple of drinks I ended up kissing a guy with tongues that I had just met a couple of minutes before. I had to run off and leave him because I had lost my friends. I didn't get his name or his phone number and he kissed me on the cheek goodbye. I completely regretted it afterwards. It wasn't special or meaningfrul at all and I am so upset that I lost my first kiss that way. the more I think about it the cheaper it makes me feel. I don't know what came over me. I wasn't even drunk and I can't believe I did something that stupid. but I am 19 years old and having never been kissed its best I guess just to have got it over with. I don't know how to feel. I guess its done now and I can't go back and change things.

What do people think?
Don't worry about it, I lost my first kiss to a girl older than I was and I was 12 at the time. If you asked me, it wasn't anything special. We were kids. Time has moved on, the only kiss I remember clearly is my first special kiss. That is a seal deal. If you think of it that way, I would believe that's more important to remember. My first special kiss was when I was 17, if you asked me, we're still in love Hope this help

Trust me, many boys and girls go through relationships to find the right one I hope you find the right guy too All the best x
Anonymous #1
Do people think I should stay clear of kissing guys in clubs? Or should I just have fun and see how it goes? I used to want to wait for the right guy to come along but I don't want to wait for ever. should I just have fun and see how it goes and take each day as it comes. or should I wait for the right guy to come along for my second first kiss to be special and with a person that I actually like.
systeric
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do people think I should stay clear of kissing guys in clubs? Or should I just have fun and see how it goes? I used to want to wait for the right guy to come along but I don't want to wait for ever. should I just have fun and see how it goes and take each day as it comes. or should I wait for the right guy to come along for my second first kiss to be special and with a person that I actually like.
I wouldn't go out with the express intention of kissing randoms, but like you say, just have fun and see how it goes.

I've got up to some fairly seedy, pointless **** before and can honestly say that it doesn't devalue anything more meaningful that happens in the future. So with that in mind, there really is no point in waiting for the 'perfect guy'. Just focus on having fun.
defuzion
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh dear.
alawhisp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just enjoy yourself. Do whatever feels right for you. Your first kiss with someone you care about will always be special, regardless of how many kisses you've had before.
Koenz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly do not get this.
First kiss? Obviously it means something to you (enough to make a thread)

I just cannot get my head around being that bothered.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (251)
34.01%
No (487)
65.99%

Watched Threads