The Student Room Group

extension work

Hi, I am taking a levels in maths, physics, chem and bio and i find them quite easy. i was wondering if any body knew of any good things to do as further work or extension work that is perhaps beyound the syllabus or aim at A grade a level students (would be better if aimed a level students)
Further reading, teach yourself stuff you haven't learnt in class yet, do early revision in preparation for Jan.
Reply 2
Original post by Existentialistic
Further reading, teach yourself stuff you haven't learnt in class yet, do early revision in preparation for Jan.

but what books exactly? i want books etc that are aimed at sixth formers not undergraduates
Original post by joey123456789
but what books exactly? i want books etc that are aimed at sixth formers not undergraduates

Do you know what you want to study at university? If so, read books around that subject. For example, I'm applying for physics and mathematics this year, so last year I spend a lot of time reading popsci/maths books that helped me expand my understanding of the subject (and you can write about them on your PS).

Although there were some low brow, simplified books a lot of them were extremely enjoyable, and a few of the mathematical books I read were some of the best books I have ever read.

Also, read NewScientist as often as possible, this will expand your knowledge ever further and allow you to keep up to date with developments.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by joey123456789
Hi, I am taking a levels in maths, physics, chem and bio and i find them quite easy. i was wondering if any body knew of any good things to do as further work or extension work that is perhaps beyound the syllabus or aim at A grade a level students (would be better if aimed a level students)

You in Year 12?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending