Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You're so gay man.

ReputationRep:
    The only way I can revise is if I set rewards for doing it.

Like I set aside a nice cold lager if I do an hour's notes or some other crap.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, it will turn out good in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    You're so gay man.
    looolllllllllll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    The only way I can revise is if I set rewards for doing it.

Like I set aside a nice cold lager if I do an hour's notes or some other crap.
    Oh god that would so not work for me. I'd just drink the lager and end up watching tv... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcD)
    Oh god that would so not work for me. I'd just drink the lager and end up watching tv... :rolleyes:
    Yeah that's generally how it works out.

Means I do at least that one hour though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you know diagrams don't work for you then don't do them! Try something else! Maybe you could try sticking facts and things on little cards, and then out them everywhere. Then you're learning without trying. Or maybe try revising with friends.

But make sure you only do short sessions and then have regular breaks

ReputationRep:
    I would sit there and READ them. I know this is what EVERYONE says not to do but, seriously - read it - and find someone to talk to about what you've just learnt. Try to make sure it's someone who doesn't understand it at all, and help them to understand the topic and the more intriquite parts of it (the details which will get you the top marks).

ReputationRep:
    I find the best method is to read and to copy out the key facts that you have learnt, the re-look at the page and see what you have missed! Keep trying until you can remeber the page. After a few days, re-look at the page and see what you can remember!! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I find it really hard to revise myself, I find the easiest way to do it is as no1mohsin said- try teaching it to someone or talk to other people about- also make sure you only take short stints- if not productivity levels drop dramatically- about 70% less after an hour of solid work- i think- but it differs from person to person

ReputationRep:
    This is an article I wrote on beating procrastination and beating facebook addiction.

Managing your time might seem to be an overwhelming task, but fear not: when you know what to do and what to prioritize, you will be able to schedule your day more efficiently.

1. Make a List. List down all the things that need to be accomplished. Examples are: essay done, going swimming and doing the shopping. Whatever task you need to get done, always start with listing them down. Seeing them lined up helps you keep these tasks in mind. Use the taskmaster application in Facebook.

2. Prioritize. Once you have written down the things to do, start ranking the entries according to the most important or the most urgent. Prioritize the tasks according to the time/deadline by which you have to do the task. If some tasks have do not have a deadline, prioritize according to the most important, or the most profitable. Knowing what to prioritize will keep stress away because you know you are in control of your day.

3. Set the Timer. After prioritizing, make a clear deadline on every activity that you will do before you get overwhelmed and forget the other things that need to be done

4. Discipline Yourself. Once you have started something, have the discipline to finish it. If you have set a specific time limit for an activity, stick to it unless you really need to extend. Get things done and when you DO get things done, reward yourself. Watch some TV, take a break, do something different!

5. Stop procrastinating. Although relaxing is a good way to pause from all your activities, doing it excessively would definitely have you crying over lost hours. Say “No”. Stop overloading yourself. If you are overbooked, then simply say "NO". Be kind to yourself. You only have 24 hours a day, and no matter how good you are in managing your time, if your schedule is already full, squeezing in more would simply be torture. Increase your productivity today!

6. Make it a Habit. Sticking to your plan may be easier said than done, but you can make it feasible if you will stretch your patience a bit. Sure, it’s hard to juggle all your activities given only 24 hours in a day, but once you make it a habit to plan every activity, then stick to your schedule; it will be easier on you in the long run.

Increasing your productivity as a student is a great skill to have and can even be stuck on your CV.

It is a skill that can be applied to the workplace and will make you a much more valuable employee.

Just imagine what a managing director of a company is going to think of you if you can hold down a part-time job, fit in 40 hours study, be part of the sports team and still have an active social life?

Gold dust. That’s what they’ll think of you. Trust me.

Increasing your productivity will make you a happier person; you’ll accomplish more in life. Although you think Facebook might cheer you up a little occasionally with the odd poke and funny photo tag, it’s nothing compare to living an accomplished and successful life.

Keep on being the best.

ReputationRep:
    Make a list - crossing things off once youve done them is such a boost.
    GET RID OF THE INTERNET. Only allow yourself access when you need it for work. Asking my rents to take away my internet cable is the only way I did well in my GCSEs. I had a serious addiction.
    Do an hour solid and reflect what you have achieved. Once you realise how much you can do.. you're generally motivated to do more.
    DO NOT try to work if you are tired. Doesn't work
    Go for walks outside during your breaks, fresh air is good.
    Drink loads of water.
    No TV
    Make sure your environment is clean and well organised/lit, and that there is plenty of natural light.
    Work at a clear desk!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    A set patern. i think to myself "right as soon as it turns 6pm im off unreal tournament or the pc.. no two ways about it"

The first few days IT WILL BE A STRUGGLE, but after that something just clicks in your brain and you do it

ReputationRep:
    I've found the ultimate cure for this: hang out with the smartest people on the planet!

Seriously, all the people at the various clubs/groups I’m at are so clever it is unbelievable! I come home and start working like crazy, because I don’t want to be the odd one out; they inspire me to be as good as them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, competition and wanting to prove someone wrong helps. Also a teacher gave me such a great talk in a maths class (i didnt learn much maths but what i learnt that day was far more important than symultanous equation solving) and since then ive been highly motivated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Nightingale)
    I've found the ultimate cure for this: hang out with the smartest people on the planet!

Seriously, all the people at the various clubs/groups I’m at are so clever it is unbelievable! I come home and start working like crazy, because I don’t want to be the odd one out; they inspire me to be as good as them.
    This is a great idea too!

ReputationRep:
    That is very true. Since I started my new college I've improved my studying so much because everyone is so much brighter than people were at my old school.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can 'beat' it. You'll only stop doing it if you actually feel guilty about not doing the work. If you don't, then perhaps you don't really care about it enough.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE (June 06): Biology A* ,Chemistry A*, Physics A*, Maths A*, English Literature A*, English Language A*, French A*, Art A*, Latin A*, History A*.

AS Level (Jan and June 07): Biology A, Chemistry A, Maths A, English Literature A. (Jan and June 07): Critical Thinking.

A Level (Jan and June 08): Biology, English Literature, Chemistry.

I'm confused. Are these your grades?

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.