The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my tattoo is on the bottom of my back.. sorry but it hurt like hell lol

--------------

clairey87
go to www.bmezine.com

you'll be able to read people's tattoo experiences and look at loads of pictures :smile:

eurghhh , the scarification on that site looks horrible! :eek:
Gotta confess I'm another person who wants a tattoo but is put off by the pain. And because everyone's idea of painful is so different its always hard to compare stories and gauge whether you can handle it or not. I mean, I'm sure its not that bad, but I've seen grown men on the telly faint from getting intricate tattoos on their arms. :eek:

I think the pain itself will be bareable, as logn as you can keep your mind off it! :smile:
This is tattoo i got - intricate line work on my right shoulder blade
It is really interesting to read the differences between the reasons men and women get tattoos, but app. women getting their first tattoo are generally a lot calmer than men. Perhaps it is because we have more instances of pain in life than the male of the species...?
Reply 23
Elipsis
How original of you.

To the OP:
My friend is covered in tattoos (he is a tattoo artist so), he says that the worst place to get one is on the stomach right in the center :smile:. What makes you think that the wrist is in anyway discreet? It isn't covered by any clothing for a start - are you going to wear a watch?

yes yes yes! i had one on my stomache and it KILLED! everyone made me out to be a wuss but it seriously hurts there!
Ive got one, want another one. Pain isnt an unberable pain, more an addictive one if that makes sense. Anyway here is mine!
Reply 25
this is mine..
smoomoo
yes yes yes! i had one on my stomache and it KILLED! everyone made me out to be a wuss but it seriously hurts there!

When I got my last one done there was a guy getting one on his stomach at the same time, he really looked like he was going to cry. Eep.

My friend has two full sleeves and he said the inside of his wrist was agonizing, but I know a few people who say the spine is more painful and personally I didn't find the one on my lower back that bad...
"Pain isnt an unberable pain, more an addictive one if that makes sense"

I totally get that.
I want another one already but I have decided that I can consider another when I am 30... don't know why that particular age
Reply 28
I have a tattoo on my left shoulderblade. The pain was pretty bearable. The sorest was on the bone part. I'm not sure how painful a wrist would be. Though I'm planning to get one on my right wrist this month. If you have long nails, scape your skin as hard as you can on the area you want the tattoo (not for it to bleed, by the way). I found that feels similar to what a tattoo feels like.
Reply 29
having a tatto below the elbow on the amrs is a v bad thing if you are goiung to get a job, for example some companies won't hire a person who tattoes on display which customers can see, the army is very strict about this also, so beware it could effect your future job interests.
Reply 30
Toyosi
Apparantly the inner wrist is the most worst part. Has anyone else had a tattoo in this area?

I've got a tattoo on my inner wrist...it stung a lot but after a while i got used to it.
Reply 31
ive got a little butterfly on my ankle now i want a mehndi pattern on my foot either like this or C:\Documents and Settings\Hayley\My Documents\My Pictures\henna_7_larg.jpg but without the pattern on my toes!
well i know everyone has different opinions but honest opinions please?
Reply 32
opps try again later
I started a tattoo thread in fashion and beauty, so may be worth lookin at the responses there as well, quite a lot of people replied. I have a tattoo under my hipbone, a small coloured butterfly. It did hurt but its bearable, small tattoos dont take long anyway. However, black outlines hurt more than colour does! But its like a scratch, basically if you really want a tattoo then the thought of pain doesnt put you off. If you are uncertain, dont get one. they are for life after all
I agree with the addictive pain.

I have two tat's on my back by both my shoulder blades. It does sting when it starts but, personally, after about 5mins it was great, really warm and cosy feeling...in fact i could have easily nodded off, but i was sitting up lol
Reply 35
hayley05
ive got a little butterfly on my ankle now i want a mehndi pattern on my foot either like this or C:\Documents and Settings\Hayley\My Documents\My Pictures\henna_7_larg.jpg but without the pattern on my toes!
well i know everyone has different opinions but honest opinions please?

You'll need to upload them to photobucket first, but even then only subscribers can have them show up as an image in the message.

If you click "go advanced" at the bottom, you can "add or manage attachments" and if you upload them there they'll show up.
Anonymous User
I should be getting one tomorrow :smile: A chinese symbolof my name on my hipbone, you think it is a sensitive spot?

Igot that a couple months back, wow I don't feel so unique anymore! It doesn't hurt too much I would say, just a bit uncomfortable when it scratches close to the bone
Godd luck :smile:
Reply 37

I want a tattoo on my finger. A celtic style ring or a symbol if i find one i like. So would it hurt on your finger. My fingers arent thin and bony.. dunno if that helps..
Reply 38
Toyosi
I want a small black butterfly tattoo in my inner wrist but everytime i do research into it and read other people's accounts of their first tattoo on the net I start worrying about the pain. Apparantly the inner wrist is the most worst part. Has anyone else had a tattoo in this area?

Don't be a pair of gran's panties, annoying when people whine about the "pain" of having a tat. To be honest it feels kind of tingly at first and quite nice (maybe that is just be) the pain that follows is not unbearable. Over bone tends to be bad, like the spine near the neck.

Don't get a tattoo, you are obviously not ready to handle one.
Reply 39
A woman was sitting in front of me on the bus the other day, and she had loads of tattoos of butterflys on one of her shoulders, and it looked amazing. I really want to get a tattoo but i worry what would happen to it over time as my skin ages, or if i lose or gain weight

Latest

Trending

Trending