Turn on thread page Beta

This may sound a bit silly but I’ll post it anyway

If a guy hasn’t had a haircut since beginning of term (September) and then he does, if I make a comment like “congrats on the haircut!” is it any flirting? I do NOT want it to be.
    He is my friend but he is the shy quiet type so I don’t want him to think anything as such.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you say it anyway? Why have you posted anonymous for this? Why are you so worried he might think your flirting?

So many questions so little time.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on what? Sitting down for 20 minutes?

ReputationRep:
    congrats on the haircut
    ummmm i personally dont think thats flirty in the slightest. if hes your friend then you really shouldnt worry about what you say to him.
    now if you were to say something like "ooo i like your haircut makes you look sooooooooo hot" *wink*...them maybe yes that would be flirty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This may sound a bit silly but I’ll post it anyway

If a guy hasn’t had a haircut since beginning of term (September) and then he does, if I make a comment like “congrats on the haircut!” is it any flirting? I do NOT want it to be.
    He is my friend but he is the shy quiet type so I don’t want him to think anything as such.

Thanks!
    If I was the guy in question, I would probably think you were taking the piss or mocking me if you worded it like that!

ReputationRep:
    Wowww... so basically, you just had a haircut and a MALE friend says 'Congrats on the Haircut' and you think he's coming on to you?

Wow!

ReputationRep:
    in a word. NO

ReputationRep:
    Sounds sarcastic to me, like "congratulations you...

1. had enough money to buy a haircut
    2. finally bothered to look good for once
    3. finally realised you needed a haircut.

ReputationRep:
    By haircut, do you mean pubic hair? If you do, then it would be considered flirting and homo

ReputationRep:
    I guess if you're a naturally flirty person or if he's interested in you he could interpret it that way if he really put his mind to it but you're not really giving him much to go on. You shouldn't let what you say be controlled by paranoia that it may come across as flirting. Anyway, what's the big deal, everyone indulges in a bit of flirting now and then, it's good fun

ReputationRep:
    Why does this thread need to be anonymous? grr

ReputationRep:
    Just say "nice haircut" i say it all the time, to girls and guys, it doesn't mean I fancy them at all! In fact, I compliment my friends all the time, they do the same to me!!

ReputationRep:
    If he is a mate u shouldnt worry about it....but anyway maybe the guy doesnt want to be noticed maybe he just wants to be left alone

funny comments from you guys before lolol

From John Wood

ReputationRep:
    If you think thats flirting I am very worried for you.

(Original post by One-Prophecy)
    By haircut, do you mean pubic hair? If you do, then it would be considered flirting and homo
    This made me lol

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just say "Ohh, like the hair. "?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do think it'll be a bit flirty, it's almost like saying if you want to marry him! Don't you dare put his hopes up like that, you evil, evil person! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do think it'll be a bit flirty, it's almost like saying if you want to marry him! Don't you dare put his hopes up like that, you evil, evil person
    :gfight: hehe

ReputationRep:
    My lord, Freud.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.