Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right now I seem to be walking the fine line between these two...wanting to check my offers every 5 minutes but then feeling very nervous when the 'manage offers' page is loading...very sad I know but i'm attempting to reach out to cure my condition!

Does anyone else feel anything like this or is it just sad ole' me?!?

ReputationRep:
    Not now as I am at uni! But I was like that last year!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a ucastrackophile.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinequick)
    Right now I seem to be walking the fine line between these two...wanting to check my offers every 5 minutes but then feeling very nervous when the 'manage offers' page is loading...very sad I know but i'm attempting to reach out to cure my condition!

Well, considering i have had the offers i wanted for my 1st and second choice,
    and yet i still go check on it every day, i probably fall in ucastrackaholic part ... i dont know, its just that as long as it says "sent" on some of them it just doesnt quite feel complete (and also, Cambridge hasnt yet put my offer on UCAS track, they simply sent me a letter announcing the terms of my offer for now )

ReputationRep:
    I've only checked UCAS track once or twice since applying in October. I hate it, I'm in denial and I dont care...

So UCASphobe?

Unis email you with offers, and send you stuff, so you dont need to check it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    I've only checked UCAS track once or twice since applying in October. I hate it, I'm in denial and I dont care...

So UCASphobe?

Unis email you with offers, and send you stuff, so you dont need to check it.
    Mine don't Edinburgh sent me an acknowledgement 116 days after my application :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinequick)

Im in the grip of a UCAStrack checking frenzy....but i've cut down from 4 times a day to once a day.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as I've replied to my offers I realy should have been cured of this track checking frenzy, but alas no. I still check my girlfriends track every day to fill this void in my life.

ReputationRep:
    yes I am a ucastrackaholic. I have been seeking help and have managed to cut down from 20 to just 2 a day. One in the morning when I switch on my pc to check e-mails and 1 at night just so I can sleep with a clear mind. lol!

but seriously, I do check twice a day at the moment but I only sent my application 2 weeks ago.

laura

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a mix, I check it twice every day, but when I log in to my choices, my heart kind of plunges a bit when I wait for the page to load up.

Can't be good for me! :P

ReputationRep:
    Now that i have recieved 5 offers and an email from edinburgh notifying me of their plans to keep me waiting on the edge of my not so comfortable seat, i have managed to cut down checking to once a week. Which i think is sufficient!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    At my worst point i was checking it at 7 in the morning and last thing at night. Aswell as about 20 times in between. Thankful i calmed down to approximately 3 times a day.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously,I check it 100 times a day.When I get home from work then about 15 times in the evening.

Today I travelled 8 miles home,checked UCAS then went back 8 miles!

Oh dear.I didn't just admit to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolo)
    Well, considering i have had the offers i wanted for my 1st and second choice,
    and yet i still go check on it every day, i probably fall in ucastrackaholic part ... i dont know, its just that as long as it says "sent" on some of them it just doesnt quite feel complete (and also, Cambridge hasnt yet put my offer on UCAS track, they simply sent me a letter announcing the terms of my offer for now )
    Exactly the same here; I have the offers I want for firm and insurance but I still check track most days, even though now I only have a more detached kind of interest! Like you though my Cambridge offer hasn't come up yet & I want to see it on track. Also, I think coming on here reminds me of the existence of UCAS - so essentially it's my TSR addiction that keeps me checking it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Check every day.. heart jumps a bit when the screen starts to load and then its just meh.. cba
    still waitin for my first choice

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I had replied to my offers and it was all sorted, I still checked on track!!

I had nothing better to do obviously!! hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was a trackaholic when waiting on UCL, as I knew they'd update on there. Currently it's reduced to checking when I remember...I do have offers from choices 1+2 but I'd still like to see what happens to the others. I really didn't become as obsessed with it as I thought I would though! I guess it's knowing nothing is going to change...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.