Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YES. I'm so sick of A levels :p: I want to go to university now!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, it helps to know that Im not the only one feeling this way! I think my teachers have figured out somethings up because I never used to miss much school. But they are saying that although I'm not giving in all my work when it comes to tests Im still doing ok so my works not suffering.

Its strange but as much as I hate being at school, i find that doing work at home really helps to take my mind off things.

On the friends side - Im just feeling a bit down because ive done so much for my friends and I guess its only when you hit hard times that you realise which friends are your true friends and will return the favours and stick with you. I just wish I realised that a long time ago!

Stick with it everyone and soon it'll all be over!

ReputationRep:
    I actually preferred school to uni, the people there where much more fun and living at home rocks. People say uni is the best but I still don't understand why. 2 and a half year till my degree.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest i prefered being in full time work compared to uni or school lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting so bored of school and home now - it's not like i don't like my home and friends, cos i do, and i know some of my friends are true friends who i will know forever, just it's like everything's "old" if you know what i mean...i feel ready to leave home and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this too, and my parents are sick of me saying how much I can't wait to go to uni. School - I've been at my school since I was 10 - and it just feels so monotonous now that I know where I'm headed. Before now, I coped with school because it was just part of everyday life and would be for years to come. But now, I'm ready to go to university, so I just want to get on and do it to be honest. Don't want to stick around school any more. In fact the only thing keeping me sane is playing in school jazz band- everything else is just so boring. And has anyone else started to find their school policies really really pathetic just lately? Like we have these stupid rules about which paths we use to come into school and stuff and they actually have teachers on duty to check we don't use the wrong path. It never bothered me before but now I realise how pathetic it is lol.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    Meh, if you feel you can get your grades just by working through textbooks at home then stop going in. You're clearly intelligent and disciplined, so I don't see why this would be a problem. You'll cover material much faster by yourself. Finding more time to persue whatever else interests you will probably raise your self esteem as well.

Of course, you'd be missing out on the social aspect of an educational institution.

ReputationRep:
    I found my Cambridge interview so stimulating and exciting and interesting that I can't really now cope with being back in school ploughing through A-Level syllabuses and handing in irrelevant homeworks invented because someone felt we needed something to do.

It's the pettiness of it, as well. Like, needing my parents to sign a consent form for a school trip, and having iPods banned in school (fat lot of notice anyone took...). I have made a couple of great friends who I'll be sorry to leave, and I do go to a great school where I've had a fabulous time, but now... I've got my offer, I know what I want to do, and being at school is right now Not It!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i hate being year 13, it's really not fun. Year 12 was cool cos you get to explore what being a 6th form is like but once you get to year 13, it just sucks and starts to get serious with work getting harder and more pressure. :mad: . It really puts me off from going to school hence the constant lateness to lessons and always bunking. But i can't totally stop going to school becasue I need to do my A level in order to get into a uni *sigh*
    It's boring and i hate being around with all the younguns 24/7, and even worst, its a single sex school :rolleyes:
    I just can't wait to leave and meet some new people

ReputationRep:
    ^ that's how i feel exactly - it's like 6th form was new and exciting last year, but now it's just boring, with more work!

also go to an all girls school, and the teachers treat us like such children it's horrible!
    for example, in our free periods we aren't allowed to leave school, even if we have no lessons in the afternoon, it's ridiculous!
    just can't wait to go to uni!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a bit bored of school as well. It's not as extreme as some of you lot - I still love my classes and my friends - it's just that I'm really excited about going to university and I definitely feel ready to leave sixth form.

onlylittleme, we're going to the same college at Oxford to do the same course!

ReputationRep:
    I felt exactly like that this time last year.Was sick of A-levels and wanted to get to uni....hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Is anyone else just so ready to leave school right now? Im so bored of going to school and sitting in lessons, its not that i dont enjoy what I'm studying...I do a lot of work at home I just cant stand being in school. Part of the reason is that Ive realised that my friends arent really true friends...i just cant wait to leave. The problem is that I keep missing days of school because I just cant face going in. But this is my most important year of school and I dont know how I can motivate myself to go? Im just feeling really low about it all at the moment and the only time I feel ok again is when I get home.
    Not to the extent you are mate, but yes, I am rather tired of schools. We jsut had mocks and it was such a relaxed atmosphere (i.e. going in for exams, coming home whenever you want), and the contrast of going back into lessons now is too great. I can't bear the thought of 3 months of lessons. I just want to sit my gcse's now and can't wait for 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Bachtopus)
    Meh, if you feel you can get your grades just by working through textbooks at home then stop going in. You're clearly intelligent and disciplined, so I don't see why this would be a problem. You'll cover material much faster by yourself. Finding more time to persue whatever else interests you will probably raise your self esteem as well.

Of course, you'd be missing out on the social aspect of an educational institution.
    Thats exactly how I feel, I never learn anything in school, I learn it at home around exam time, however I hardly have any time to learn things myself because I spend so much time in school or doing homework, so school is actually getting in the way of my grades, rather than helping them. As for the social thing, well I have hardly anything in common with anyone at my school anyway and I feel more lonely around people like that than when i'm actually on my own.

ReputationRep:
    I actually genuinely like most people in year 13 at my sixth form and I mostly enjoy my lessons.

However, I am really looking forward to leaving. There are quite a few chavs in year 12 and since my sixth form is small and is on a different site to the two high schools it ruins the atmosphere a little bit. It's a bit claustrophobic sometimes.There are also some idiot boys in my year who are majorally hyperactive and need to grow up...they're really starting to get on my tits.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ready to go to uni now but its not because I'm bored of college, I'm ready to leave home and I'm so excited about uni but I really don't want to leave college as it feels like we've only just started! Its probably because I left school after y11 (counted down the days all through the final year, my friends got so annoyed) then moved on to sixth form college for A levels, so we've only been there just over a year. As its not a school like environment everything is based around self study, responsibility and independence. I'm gona cry so much when I leave college, really don't want to leave college or my friends.

But yeah, just in general stuff I can't wait to go to uni, I've already started sorting my things out and making loads of lists.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.