The Student Room Group

Opinion on men wearing blazer with jeans?

whats your opinion on men wearing blazer with jeans? do you find it attractive or not?

and when wearing a blazer, rolled up sleeves or not? (whats better on your opinion)
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always weare blazers with jeans. Don't really care what people think - it's my personal approach to style. Feel free to call the fashion police.
Reply 2
Commonly known as "The Jeremy Clarkson".

So I guess it depends whether or not you want to look like a 50 year old Tory voter.
Hot, I like a smart guy. :love:

I'd take a jacket, jeans and nice pair of shoes over chinos and those slipper things anyday.

EDIT: Honestly, having an opinion on TSR, what next?! :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Depends what blazer, what jeans, what shoes, what shirt/T-shirt/jumper.
Reply 5
DUH! I love it because it is one casual guy style that can't ever go wrong.Why don't you don a scarf too? It will complete the outfit:biggrin:
Original post by Howard
I always weare blazers with jeans. Don't really care what people think - it's my personal approach to style. Feel free to call the fashion police.

:rofl: repped.

OP I like blazers and jeans on men, but really if you like it wear it, you shouldn't give a damn what I (or anyone else) think.
Reply 7
Original post by Gary
whats your opinion on men wearing blazer with jeans? do you find it attractive or not?

and when wearing a blazer, rolled up sleeves or not? (whats better on your opinion)

Oh, sleeves down. I don't want to look like something out of Miami Vice.
I do it with fairly dark jeans when I cba to wear a suit.
I like the look but i've always associated it with old men. Well, 29-35+ year old men that like to look all hip and young. If you're young and can pull it off then fair play to you.
Reply 10
I do this 'look' fairly regularly, but I wouldn't roll the sleeves up, not just because it's November and cold, but because it smacks a bit of 'try too hard'. You roll sleeves up because you're hot.... If you're hot, take your blazer off.
Depends on the jeans IMO.

If someone is wearing tatty or too pale jeans it looks wrong, or if they have a graphic T shirt.

Smart dark blue jeans and a plain T shirt or a shirt with decent shoes (brogues etc) it looks fine. Good form of relaxed smart casual.
:sexface: :perv: :sexface: :perv:
where a bouts can you get blazers for the smart casual/casual look? Ive heard that blazers with padded shoulders shouldn't have rolled up arms?
Reply 14
I've always wanted to try out this style, but I've never actually done it. I think it looks good.
Reply 15
I imagine pretty much everyone on her has misued the term 'blazer' and are in fact referring to a 'sports jacket'.

Blazer is in this sort of range

----------------------------

As for how it looks as a 'style' for a younger man. It depends on if you buy a cheap looking one and if you get it tailored to fit properly. You also need to create the correct balance between the different components of an outfit.
first thing i thought when i read the title (before clicking on it) was 'top gear'

however, i have noticed that 'py0alb' got there before me,so i have nothing new to add........ >_>
Reply 17
hot.
Reply 18
I do it because I am cool.
My friend wears a blazer with jeans sometimes and I think it looks really nice on him :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest