The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary PGCE, Edge Hill

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ahh yes I do remember you, I was the 'older' one on my table. I also did my degree at edgehill and graduated this year with a first, so really thought that it would help me, however, still a big fat NO!!! I must have really messed something up in the interview. Maybe those that haven't heard yet have been successful?? I'm worried now though because on these forums a lot of people had interviews at Hope in early November and have all been offered places already, so having it down as 2nd choice is not going to help us. With all of your experience I'm so shocked that you have been unsuccessful, what on earth is that all about?? I'll let you know if I hear from Hope and fingers crossed for us both.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
I remember you too! Got feedback and my tests were fine, no problems except they said other candidates were stronger than me in the personal, intellectual qualities section - i.e. the one-to-one interview, which ironically I felt was best part of the interview! I've applied for Hope but not wanting it at all. Think their ageist. All my school have said the reason they gave me is rubbish. Am prob going to try for GTP instead and if not, Sainsburys!!!!! The way I feel now, EH can f**k off! Hope you hear some good news soon xx
Reply 22
Hiya, I've also got Hope as my second choice!
My problem is that I have a 2:2 and so I may not even get an interview.

I got my feedback today and its made me upset again, so fingers crossed for our second choices!
Hopefully we will hear soon either way. But I do feel that the feedback, although appreciated, is not enough to help for the future :frown:

Does anyone know, if there are places at edge Hill through clearing, are we eligible to apply?
I did meet one girl in September who was unsuccessful at Manchester in June and was then still able to apply through clearing in September, always options!
Reply 23
btw did you get your feedback? mine came in today's post
Reply 24
Still not heard anything from Edge Hill :confused:
Reply 25
Kyler don't panic about your degree - don't think it matters, I've scored a first in every assignment and my
2nd year average was 78! Took all assignments and huge portfolio to interview and still got a no. Think it's luck of draw - we were told officially, by a member of the EH careers team that came into our lecture, that EH are only allowed to take 10% of applicants from EH uni itself and that would mean maybe 2 of our entire class would be lucky. Good luck with Hope :smile:
Reply 26
Sorry to hear for those who were unsuccesful :frown: Have you had any feedback as to why you were unsuccesful yet? x
Reply 27
Can anyone tell me if they have been any successful replies? I am from 16th November group and am yet to here whether I have been successful or not.
Reply 28
Hi Guys,
I was also on the 16th interview. Jacqui i think I know you! - did you do your group assessment with me? You were paired up with a girl on my table called Emma with blonde hair? I also remember the lady who asked the Masters questions - hello!
Sorry too hear those of you that were unsuccessful! I have not yet heard anything? Can I ask what is the process for finding out? Did you receive an email initially or did a letter arrive in the post? Pls let me know - thank u :smile:
Reply 29
Hi guys!!! I was on the table furthest away from the door. Im really sorry to you guys who havent got on, its a real kick in the arse, but you got to keep on trying, everyone on that day were fantastic and keep going, dont loose heart!!!
I still havent heard, which I dont know is a good thing or a bad thing!!?!?
Reply 30
MILOVENT24- I was on the table furthest from the door, next to the window, is that the same as you??

I would imagine that if you haven't heard a negative response, then you're definitely still in the running!! I guess they have to tell the unsuccessful candidates to give us a chance with our second choice :frown:

I'm gutted, but I wish you and everyone lots of luck! and if you are successful then I might have to ask for some pearls of wisdom!

Skinz- I got an email from gttr as it was updated, then a letter two days later from edge hill with feedback, so fingers crossed for you!
Reply 31
Original post by skinz
Jacqui i think I know you! - did you do your group assessment with me? You were paired up with a girl on my table called Emma with blonde hair?

That would be me! :smile: I still haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting very worried. Hopefully they will tell me soon if I've been unsuccessful so I can have a chance with my second choice. I believe a lady from our day contacted Edge Hill and they told her they have not made decisions yet.
Reply 32
@ ELH21 Oh hello! :smile: hope youre okay!
@ KYLERS1 Thank you for the info -at least i know where to check first!

I have called myself on Tuesday and they advised that as the TDA have not released the number of placements yet then they cannot make any offers, I remember that they explained this on the interview day - so who knows! I agree that its all very nerve wracking - I would just like to know before Christmas so that I can relax!!
Reply 33
Received a letter from Edge Hill to let me know that they are awaiting confirmation from TDA and that they are still considering my application. I'm not sure whether this is good news or bad! Anyone else had the same??
Reply 34
Tda are sending out their allocation number to providers today x
Reply 35
Original post by JH2011
Tda are sending out their allocation number to providers today x

Ooooh how have you found this out!? Nervous! :redface:
Reply 36
Hi everyone

Hope those of you who had your interview before me have had successful replies. I had my interview on the 7th December and have heard nothing yet...has anyone else had theirs on that date and have heard anything either way? xx
Reply 37
I had my interview on the 16th November and have still not heard anything. The wait is KILLING me!
Reply 38
I had my interview on 14th December, not heard anything either... to wait nearly 2 months though is a bit ridiculous! I just want to know either way now so I can start making plans! x
Reply 39
I had mine on the 8th of December and not heard anything yet. But they said that until they know their numbers, they can only tell you if you definatly don't have a place. So, no news is good news for now i guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending