Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, wondering if anyone can help. Going out into Durham on Sat night, but we have decided to enforce a no-denim rule for the night. This means none at all, no skirts, jeans etc. :eek:
    We are all doing it in an effort to be smarter but i live in jeans.
    I want to look dressed up but not OTT.
    I don't mind buying something new if it is not too expensive. Anyone with any ideas? I'd be really grateful as i have no clue what to wear. :confused:

Btw, the forfeit if i wear denim is buying a round of shots for everyone, and there are like 12 of us, so non-participation is not an option.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    wear some shorts, theyre in at the mo or a nice skirt/black trousers etc. I think shorts would b best, they look sooo nice with heels!

ReputationRep:
    I think shorts would b best, they look sooo nice with heels!
    :ditto:

or if all else fails you can never go wrong with black trouses or a nice skirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-lolly-x)
    wear some shorts, theyre in at the mo or a nice skirt/black trousers etc. I think shorts would b best, they look sooo nice with heels!
    TopShop do nice long shorts, wear them with a slinky top and killer heels!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ladies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capetta)
    TopShop do nice long shorts, wear them with a slinky top and killer heels!
    + look ****ing awful.

What's the thing with the shorts? they look like a joke.

ReputationRep:
    wear black trousers, some killer heels and a nice top- can't fail with that esp if you accessorise!

ReputationRep:
    Shorts are great but it doesn't show much originality. Get a nice tight pencil skirt..with a big belt round the waist and round toed heels. You can pick them up for a reasonable price everywhere and no matter what your body shape they look wicked.

ReputationRep:
    Those short ..um shorts look so skanky :eek: ewwww

ReputationRep:
    I've always associated black trousers as something you wear to school or work, not really for a night out. But I suppose if you have a pair that fit nicely then they would look alright.

(Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    I've always associated black trousers as something you wear to school or work, not really for a night out. But I suppose if you have a pair that fit nicely then they would look alright.
    I hate black trousers for nights out too. I had to wear them all the time in 6th form and for work..

When I feel like leaving my jeans in my wardrobe on a night out I either wear a pretty skirt and boots or a fun wrap dress

ReputationRep:
    How about a puffball skirt and a sexy top? I'd just go into town and have a look around see what you can find! there's loads of stuff other than jeans out there if your willing to look for them. Just try looooads of stuff on until you find something you think looks cool =D

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, i like the puffball skirt idea. Shorts are cool, but i don't reckon i could pull them off...
    I have a dark purple cord mini-skirt (sounds mingin but is quite nice), but i would know what colours go with purple. Any suggestions?????

ReputationRep:
    Black!!!! wear your purple skirt with black tights maybe boots if you have some or stilletoes and a nice dressy black top! and then go for like a purple necklace or bag!

ReputationRep:
    i know a lot of people might not like them ....but i love the pencil skirts with a little thin jumper , and to top it off with a major sexy belt with heels... i seen a few pictures in mags with hilary duff and j-lo with them and i think they look gorge

ReputationRep:
    Am super curvy-size16and i wear my black shorts all the time and look amazing so if i can do it anyone can XX

ReputationRep:
    Hey, FYI i went for a black pencil skirt, white short sleeved shirt, black buckle belt pulling me in at the waist and black and white dogtooth stilettos, accessorised with a black and white pearl choker.
    Had a great night, everyone made such an effort we're thinking of making it a regular thing.
    Thanks for all your help!
    Helene

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.