The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aaarrrggh
I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this has already been posted, but if it hasn't, check this out:

http://faeces.com/

Until I watched fox for the first time recently, I had no idea just how valuable the bbc really is. Makes me suddenly not feel so aggrevied about having to pay a licence.

I really don't know what to think of that. I watched it over and over again to see if it was real. If it is, then i think its the worst on air news broadcasting I have ever seen. I mean some of the words they used like 'fool' and 'liar.' I didnt know that Gilligan was anti-American, unless they made that up. Something tells me it isnt real though. It was just too personal to someone's opinions. Reminds me of The Sun newspaper.

And another thing, have you ever see BBC news bosting about their superiorness over American networks? I watch it all the time and its never happened.
Reply 2
I've watched Fox News a few times, it surmises some of the things I dislike most about Americans.

I fail to see how flagrant, ignorantly patriotic, over-exaggerated bilge is the basis for credible newscast.

That newsreader isn't an exception either, they're all that unprofessional.
Reply 3
Alec
I've watched Fox News a few times, it surmises some of the things I dislike most about Americans.

I fail to see how flagrant, ignorantly patriotic, over-exaggerated bilge is the basis for credible newscast.

That newsreader isn't an exception either, they're all that unprofessional.

Is that for real then??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 4
MadNatSci

I presume so. It doesn't surprise me too much having seen snippets of their programming.

Above all, the news story isn't even accurate - I would've thought the BBC had the grounds for suing Fox after that sort of misleading, verging on anti-British propaganda.
Reply 5
Alec
I presume so. It doesn't surprise me too much having seen snippets of their programming.

Above all, the news story isn't even accurate - I would've thought the BBC had the grounds for suing Fox after that sort of misleading, verging on anti-British propaganda.

It's outrageous! And I'm sure you're right... it's got to be libellous, surely.

American people actually watch that crap? I'd heard Fox News was bad, but...
Reply 6
MadNatSci

Probably, the transcript was in the Guardian sometime last week.
Reply 7
loftx
Probably, the transcript was in the Guardian sometime last week.

fox is awfull in my view, rather keen on scaring the public it seems.
Reply 8
Until I watched fox for the first time recently, I had no idea just how valuable the bbc really is. Makes me suddenly not feel so aggrevied about having to pay a licence.

Pfft! Don't diss Fox! Their news service is superb. It's so right-wing and in your face that you can just sit back and relax and not have to worry every 5 minutes whether they're being biased or not because you know that they are always biased.

That's what's so great about it. Also it's just comic. I love the way they stick 2 fingers up at the establishment and just take the mickey out of the French at every opportunity.

On the other hand the BBC are being constantly biased and using very clever techniques to make them look neutral or non-ideological. The BBC has an overwhelming presence in this country and it effectively controls the rest of the media because it sets the agenda (it can do so because BBC TV news is popular and they can break stories before the papers so they effectively decide what is important and what is unimportant).

I can't wait to see Fox bring their own version of Fox News to this country. It's about time we had overtly biased news stories so we can relax instead of remain suspicious of news corporations who pretend to be neutral but are anything but.

Paddy
Reply 9
happypad

I can't wait to see Fox bring their own version of Fox News to this country. It's about time we had overtly biased news stories so we can relax instead of remain suspicious of news corporations who pretend to be neutral but are anything but.

You can already find Fox News on Sky somewhere. Although they already threatened to throw it off the air for breaching the strict impartiality rules. What a shame that would be.
Reply 10
What do Fox and The Sun have in common? They are both owned by Murdock. I personaly avoid Murdock's snooze papers and TV stations like a plague. Though their films are ok.

Nothing surprises me about the americans any more. (no offence to nice americans who can't help who runs their country).
Reply 11
No it doesn't break UK impartiality rules (lol what news service can be said to be impartial anyway?) because it's not covering UK news. Loads of my friends watch Fox News at Cambridge because it's such a laugh and because, like I said, you don't have to keep being suspicious of bias because you know its biased all the time!!

It's great! Why can't we have fun news channels like that in the UK?

Paddy
Reply 12
happypad
No it doesn't break UK impartiality rules (lol what news service can be said to be impartial anyway?) because it's not covering UK news. Loads of my friends watch Fox News at Cambridge because it's such a laugh and because, like I said, you don't have to keep being suspicious of bias because you know its biased all the time!!

It's great! Why can't we have fun news channels like that in the UK?

Paddy

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|81501|1|,00.html
Reply 13
By the way, just went to that website and I think Fox News got it right.

The BBC were most definitely anti-Iraq-war. I remember one correspondent likening it to Vietnam which is an absurd statement! (Vietnam cost hundreds of thousands of lives, and went on for years at the refusal of both sides to back down - nothing at all like Iraq).

The BBC were very bad at handling the David Kelly affair and it was them who are largely to blame. Had they not lied about Kelly's information then the whole Kelly affair may not have happened and he may not have ended his life.

It's a very sad tragedy really that one man should lose his life over two institutions' ideology - the govts pro-war stance and the BBC's anti-war stance.

Paddy
Reply 14

Aww! I'll protest! lol. Only reason why they don't like Fox is because it doesn't fulfil their own ideology. I think we should have more diverse news services instead of having to listen to the same wishy-washy liberal rubbish from BBC, ITV, SKY News etc. Can anyone tell those 3 apart in terms of output? I can't!

Paddy
Reply 15
For those who don't think it is real, here is the text of it on the Fox News website:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109821,00.html
Reply 16
happypad
Aww! I'll protest! lol. Only reason why they don't like Fox is because it doesn't fulfil their own ideology. I think we should have more diverse news services instead of having to listen to the same wishy-washy liberal rubbish from BBC, ITV, SKY News etc. Can anyone tell those 3 apart in terms of output? I can't!

Paddy

I wasn't aware that the Independent Television Commission had an ideology as such.
So the next time you hear the BBC bragging about how much superior the Brits are delivering the news rather than Americans who wear flags in their lapels, remember it was the Beeb caught lying.

Bah!!
Reply 18
god could they dumb it down anymore
The newsreader tells of British (i like this word) 'anti-americanism' and then sums up his statement with a pathetic jibe at the UK :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending