Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I think you are absolutely right! Why should they steal Iraq's oil if they can BUY it?
    Where is the benefit of stealing it if they can BUY it? ....
    :rolleyes:

Are you serious?

I know, why take lots of oil for free with a big supply always available, and prosper from it, when you can pay a fortune for limied supplies instead? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hehe, dont you sometimes get the feeling that we're posting in some kind of loony bin, Howard?
    Yes I do as a matter of fact. Quite disturbing!

ReputationRep:
    where did i say that...hehe, see what i mean!
    >>Oh god......more junk science.......greenhouse effect........oil running out........

>>hehe, dont you sometimes get the feeling that we're posting in some kind of loony bin, Howard?

>>Oh, so you think that the oil isn't limited, right? ... talking about loonies ...

Right there.

ReputationRep:
    no..it wouldnt be worth it.
    Well that's what happened - Saddam was captured (or so they say) and thousands died.

No weapons found, yet this was their motive - "we shall find those weapons that are a threat, we are sure about these weapons".

Nothing is found. :rolleyes:

But what does 10, 000 innocent lives matter, the intentions were sort of decent (not really, it was for oil)...no? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I know, why take lots of oil for free with a big supply always available, and prosper from it, when you can pay a fortune for limied supplies instead? :rolleyes:
    Ok. So if they've "taken it for free" why havn't I noticed any drop in gas prices when I fill up my enormous SUV?

The US hasn't "taken" a drop of Iraqi oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom)
    What more can I say...
    not much if you actually believe 100% accurate intelligence is possible.

My thoughts exactly. Since the war nearly all focus has been on this trivial issue. Finally now we are going to have a much demanded inquiry (though I wonder how fair it will be after the disgracefully biased Hutton report).
    disgracefully biased! ROTFL, how does that work!!

Over 10,000 civilian deaths
    er, no. let me guess Iraq Body Count?

Over 600 allied forces deaths
    Thats large scale enough dont you think.
    600? not really, when unfortunately many were friendly fire incidents and the majority terrorist and attacks post-conflict.

Yes, there is instability in the world, heighted more so by the Iraq war. Just a few of the countless examples:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...aq/default.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...rt/default.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3494415.stm
    love the BBC..hehe...how about the 100+ terrorist attacks avoided.

Yes but what new evidence for WMDs has there been in this period? What evidence is there to link Saddam with AlQuaeda? Vienna, do you honestly belive that behind the scenes the main reason for going to war was to remove the WMDs?
    one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, isn't that roughly the number of folks that Sadaam executed/tortured a year anyway?
    Show me some stats, i don't think so - and btw: So they were prepared to kill thousands of lives (WHICH IS INEVITABLE IN A WAR, LET'S NOT BE NAIIVE HERE), for the chance of "maybe finding Saddam" and "maybe finding bad weapons."

So it's better to guarantee thousands killed on the off chance that he may be caught, or weapons found???

Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Well that's what happened - Saddam was captured (or so they say) and thousands died.

No weapons found, yet this was their motive - "we shall find those weapons that are a threat, we are sure about these weapons".

But what does 10, 000 innocent lives matter, the intentions were sort of decent (not really, it was for oil)...no? :rolleyes:
    As I earlier pointed out, 10000 lives (if indeed this is not infact a ludicrously overinflated figure - please justify) is peanuts. Unfortunate, sure, but smallfry. Sadaam killed more than that a year man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Show me some stats, i don't think so - and btw: So they were prepared to kill thousands of lives (WHICH IS INEVITABLE IN A WAR, LET'S NOT BE NAIIVE HERE), for the chance of "maybe finding Saddam" and "maybe finding bad weapons."

So it's better to guarantee thousands killed on the off chance that he may be caught, or weapons found???

Please.
    You show me some stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    >>Oh god......more junk science.......greenhouse effect........oil running out........

>>hehe, dont you sometimes get the feeling that we're posting in some kind of loony bin, Howard?

>>Oh, so you think that the oil isn't limited, right? ... talking about loonies ...

Right there.
    i think your confused between oil running out and being finite in quantity.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. So if they've "taken it for free" why havn't I noticed any drop in gas prices when I fill up my enormous SUV?
    Because then it would be obvious that they went to Iraq for Oil, and hence that would cause total mayhem "America using Iraqi Oil, lives killed...."

Exactly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

theres that hindsight again.....

ReputationRep:
    i think your confused between oil running out and being finite in quantity.
    I'm not confused ... is something is finite and is used then is in the way of running out ... except that people stop using it sometime it will run out is a fact ...

ReputationRep:
    Sadaam killed more than that a year man.
    I'm not being funny, but I really don't believe that, do you have a source that I could see?? (I'm not saying you're a liar, I'm just curious.)

ReputationRep:
    You show me some stats.
    Thousands of people did die, don't be naaive.

Ok, the exact figure I don't know, but i know that it is in the thousands, even the news said so.

ReputationRep:
    What "hindsight"???

No weapons were found.

That's a fact, not the ******** excuses they come up with.

End of the day, they said they were sure of it, and nothing is found.

That's the bottom line.

ReputationRep:
    20/20 hindsight vision is a wonderful thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    What "hindsight"???

No weapons were found.

That's a fact, not the ******** excuses they come up with.

End of the day, they said they were sure of it, and nothing is found.

That's the bottom line.

but the idea of finding weapons was just a cover-up, evidently. Bush and Blair went about the war in the wrong way, but I think it was a just war to fight.

ReputationRep:
    20/20 hindsight vision is a wonderful thing.
    Ok then, so weapons were found were they???

Well???

They said they were sure, infact, so sure that it's worth going to war and inevitabley thousands of people will die if buildings etc. are blown up.....even US/UK lives infact.

"Hindsight" - Is that your way of proving me wrong though, is it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Thousands of people did die, don't be naaive.

Ok, the exact figure I don't know, but i know that it is in the thousands, even the news said so.
    Then it's the better of two evils isn't it? 10000 killed today...maybe? But how many will live as a result?

Sadaam ran a family dynasty. On his death the "throne" would go to one of his sons, who would pass the mantle to one of his sons and so ad infinitum. How many folks would be "dispatched" during the total dynastic reign? More than 10000 do you think?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.