Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Ok then, so weapons were found were they???

Well???

They said they were sure, infact, so sure that it's worth going to war and inevitabley thousands of people will die if buildings etc. are blown up.....even US/UK lives infact.

"Hindsight" - Is that your way of proving me wrong though, is it? :rolleyes:
    Actually, I agree with you that the WMD argument was utter ****. I honestly don't believe there were any and I struggle to believe that Blair and Bush believed there were any either.

But frankly, the world is NOT a worse place for Sadaam's removal is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I'm not confused ... is something is finite and is used then is in the way of running out ... except that people stop using it sometime it will run out is a fact ...
    why do you embarass yourself?

i replied to the idea that oil was running out. you then challenge me over whether i believe its finite or not. i do believe that this is the case, but as Howard suggested, the idea that it will happen in the near future is ridiculous. so, er, where did i say oil isnt limited..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Then it's the better of two evils isn't it? 10000 killed today...maybe? But how many will live as a result?

Sadaam ran a family dynasty. On his death the "throne" would go to one of his sons, who would pass the mantle to one of his sons and so ad infinitum. How many folks would be "dispatched" during the total dynastic reign? More than 10000 do you think?
    Same can be said about the war - Thousands are instantly killed, yet more could die due to the after affects, plus quality of life being temporarily reduced due to the destruction and costs of repair etc to homes and farms and wells ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    "Hindsight" - Is that your way of proving me wrong though, is it? :rolleyes:

hehe, WE dont need to prove anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Same can be said about the war - Thousands are instantly killed, yet more could die due to the after affects, plus quality of life being temporarily reduced due to the destruction and costs of repair etc to homes and farms and wells ......
    that never gets mentioned though does it.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)

i replied to the idea that oil was running out. you then challenge me over whether i believe its finite or not. i do believe that this is the case, but as Howard suggested, the idea that it will happen in the near future is ridiculous. so, er, where did i say oil isnt limited..?
    Is it ridiculous? How do you know that?
    You have said that nobody knows the exactly amount of the reserves of oil then you are being ridiculous and stupid.

ReputationRep:
    You have said that nobody knows the exactly amount of the reserves of oil then you are being ridiculous and stupid.
    No I said that. And it's true. Read my lips "Nobody knows how much oil there is out there" Period.

ReputationRep:
    The war was a just war and has been justified by the crippling of Saddam Hussein's regime. A lot of work is left to be done in re-building and instituting a proper government and finally destroying the remnants of the regime through democracy and justice. The UN should look at Iraq in context and swallow its pride and come to the aid of Iraq. The war was not justified re: WMD but it was justified for me (reasons mentioned before).

ReputationRep:
    i dont know the exact amount of oxygen in this room right now,but i know enough to bet my bottom dollar it wont run out in the next 5 mins.
    jeez.

ReputationRep:
    get a grip man.....

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I agree with you that the WMD argument was utter ****. I honestly don't believe there were any and I struggle to believe that Blair and Bush believed there were any either.

But frankly, the world is NOT a worse place for Sadaam's removal is it?
    Ok - So clearly if it's such a **** argument (which it is, esp. now thank god...) then why put nearly 100% importance, the whole motive for going to war, placed on it???

I don't believe in this "well the whole plan was screwed, it was unjust, it wasn't justified, it wasn't sensible, but fortunately it ended up fairly ok as we luckily caught Saddam."

If that's the "rational" actions of a leader, then i'd be bloody concerned.

ReputationRep:
    No I said that. And it's true. Read my lips "Nobody knows how much oil there is out there" Period.
    You, you and him, that's what I meant.
    And I've agreed that's the exactly reason why you can't be sure of when it will run out, it could be anytime.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, WE dont need to prove anything...
    Wow, what a comeback, guess I am so wrong now... :rolleyes:

And yes, you're right, you don't need to prove anything - America do, and yet clearly they can't.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know the exact amount of oxygen in this room right now,but i know enough to bet my bottom dollar it wont run out in the next 5 mins.
    jeez.
    That's just stupid; oxygen is renewed by plants ... oil isn't ...

ReputationRep:
    ^^ read my above post, bono. I don't agree that Bush and Blair should have based the reason for war on WMD, but the war was just and now we musn't forget Iraq.

ReputationRep:

He embarrases himself because he has verbal diarrhoea. He doesn't know when to add something useful and when to shut the hell up on grounds of his complete lack of understanding of fairly simple ideas.

ReputationRep:
    You, you and him, that's what I meant.
    And I've agreed that's the exactly reason why you can't be sure of when it will run out, it could be anytime.
    I think it's time you've left don't you?

you've had enough pal

ReputationRep:
    That's just stupid; oxygen is renewed by plants ... oil isn't ...
    Yes it is. Dead ones.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. Dead ones.
    classy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    that never gets mentioned though does it.......
    I'll mention it, and it's reality - families have lost homes, relatives died, food supply even more scarce than before, buildings etc damaged and so on..........

Show me one war where this isn't the case, and i'll shut up - the reality of a war is that it ends up like this - Deaths + damage + long periods of trying to recover.

Morally, it's screwed - especially when the motive has gone down the pipe.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.