The Student Room Group

Lazard vs Greenhill vs Evercore vs Centerview vs BBs

Hi guys,

I know you can't properly rank banks, but how does everyone rank/rate the above boutiques in London? I know in New York they have a huge reputation (particularly Lazards and Centerview) but is it the same in London? And how do they compare with the BBs? Would anyone take Lazards over a GS or MS?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by 99flake
Hi guys,

I know you can't properly rank banks, but how does everyone rank/rate the above boutiques in London? I know in New York they have a huge reputation (particularly Lazards and Centerview) but is it the same in London? And how do they compare with the BBs? Would anyone take Lazards over a GS or MS?

Thanks in advance

They do seem to have a really good reputation in NY. I don't think they have the same reputation here though. I think most people would take GS or MS over Lazard/GHL/Evercore. But, I think these elite boutiques are as good as UBS/BarCap - it is just my opinion.
IMO you generally can't go bad with any company that lets you take a dump on corporate time.
I would imagine, though couldn't possibly be accurate, that you would closer to deals at an elite BB but the training at GS, JPM and MS would be much better
Training, network and the sheer size of the Analyst class at big banks in a huge perk compared to boutiques.......... and I would say that it makes a difference...... but you are more closer to the deals at boutiques... so, that is a perk there....

I am thinking..... 3 year Analyst at BB and then move to boutique if you want to?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending