regards
--marty
Clarence
Is that Kings?

Yep. The Maughan Library anyway.
Benny885

That about sums it up.

Nice.

What happened to quaint modest charm, though? King's, Cam seem to be saying 'our collective intellectual penis is THIS big!'
erk
LCC.

:rolleyes:

Brrrap right next to this monstrosity...
Reply 125
Clarence
Brrrap right next to this monstrosity...

opposite, actually. :rolleyes:

ive been there today (well, i live 10secs away) and it's beautiful. you have rick wrecking the whole pavement with chalks and the locals complaining, a wonderful sight.
OppressedMass
Nice.

What happened to quaint modest charm, though? King's, Cam seem to be saying 'our collective intellectual penis is THIS big!'

Hmm, I think it's more the penis inferiority complex of the various kings which constructed/financed it - maybe it was a Tudor thing.

Plus you have the quaint charm in the smaller colleges, like Magdalene or Trinity Hall. Best of both worlds :smile:
Reply 127
Clarence
Nah, Glasgow mate!

Hah! Well I'm not going down without a fight:

Take that Glasgow!
Reply 128
It's all about the medical building at Leeds - without a doubt one of THE most beautiful buildings in the world:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/sites/worsley.gif
Birmingham and Nottingham are pretty though
spoon1
It's all about the medical building at Leeds - without a doubt one of THE most beautiful buildings in the world:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/sites/worsley.gif

Lol looks like an industrial factory or warehouse !!
OppressedMass
Nice.

Haha, I got exactly the same impression in Oxford. Beautiful as the colleges are, you do get the impression that they sprang up in a malestrom of architectual rivalry.

The red brick buildings in Birmingham are quite handsome, but hardly anyone gets to go in there (when we walked in on the tour I got a "I hope your going to wipe your shoes" impression).

Lampeter has some beautiful buildings, and you couldent ask for better landscape around.
Birmingham!!! I think it's cool.
Yeh Durham's nice, historic looking and the cathedral is lovely - my brother lived right by it in his final year. X
I always loved the look of Royal Holloway, which is why at Loughborough i fell in love with Hazlerigg & Rutland Hall, as it reminds me of it!!

-x-
Reply 134

My uni. Needs a bit of a makeover eh? Compared to Sydney Uni below:
Just a tad.
Reply 136
Clarence
Just a tad.

Well, it was only founded in 1949.
Uni of New South Wales?

HongKong Institute of Education is surrounded by amazing views - this was the view from my halls of residence room.
Reply 138
Correct. That is one awesome view. Looks like something from star wars :p:
Oustanding isnt it. I had two balconies - one overlooking an amazing bridge and all the lights of a neighbouring town, and another other overlooking mountains and forests - the campus is set near a mountain side. You dont get that in the UK!

Latest

Trending

Trending