Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever lied to get a job? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a uni student at Bournemouth University in the UK. I'm studying journalism, and am writing a feature for my final year about people who have lied to get a job. This is only for a uni project - IT WILL NOT BE PRINTED. If you have ever lied to get a job, however trivial, please get in contact. Your name will remain anonymous if you wish it to be. Please contact me at deleted if you wish to take part.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    yeah; I said I was hardworking, dedicated, a good team player and good with people. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I said I was going to do an Open University degree on the side whilst working at the company(they wouldn't have taken me on if they knew I was going away next September).

ReputationRep:
    I told them I was dilligent. Hah.

ReputationRep:
    I told them I was looking for training and promotion, to get the job, but I knew I was going to leave in 4 months time.

they werent happy when they found out

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No. Probably will end up doing so however.

ReputationRep:
    Yes... I told them I was 18 when I was 16.

ReputationRep:
    You people make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    I make myself sick. Both physically and metaphorically.

ReputationRep:
    I find a tapeworm works well.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha!!

My CV is totally full of crap.
    Backpacking in Italy.. My a*se

ReputationRep:
    I never had a job, apart from a week's work experience in Waterstones.

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in Lies. You make me sick even now.

ReputationRep:
    i tripled the length of all the things i had done - volunteering, work experience, previous jobs etc - hell, i did one day of the next sale and made it sound like a proper position i'd had for years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElWilson)
    Fluent in Lies. You make me sick even now.
    And you being sick makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    Touche.

ReputationRep:
    No...in fact as a result of being too honest, I lost the perfect opportunity of getting a job

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone inflates 'themseves' in a CV. Both parties know that. I would never lie about actual credentials or hard facts, but i can spin a LOT of BS around what's already there!

ReputationRep:
    I said that I hadn't applied for uni.. when I had... and am likely to be leaving really soon.. oops :s

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.