The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Just got an unconditional offer from Birmingham City Uni for Children's nursing - super happy :smile:
Original post by zoii
aww no :frown: yee I'm still waiting and my interview was five weeks ago today ahh I've never felt so nervous! I hate checking my hotmail incase it's bad. awww :frown: I never thought it would be this hard to get onto a nursing course :frown: thank you! I hope you get the choices you want :smile: xxx

I have been waiting 4 months!!!!! :frown:
Reply 382
Original post by flutterby23
I have been waiting 4 months!!!!! :frown:

4 months ? :O what uni is this with?
Reply 383
Original post by J16Jessica
Just got an unconditional offer from Birmingham City Uni for Children's nursing - super happy :smile:

Well done :biggrin: xx
Original post by zoii
4 months ? :O what uni is this with?

Salford University. I had my interview back in Novemeber. I am obsessively checking track lol! I will be so gutted if I am rejected after waiting so long...I am hoping that I will hear back this week

*crosses fingers*
Original post by zoii
Well done :biggrin: xx

Thankyou I'm super happy i got rejected from everywhere last year! x
Reply 386
Original post by flutterby23
Salford University. I had my interview back in Novemeber. I am obsessively checking track lol! I will be so gutted if I am rejected after waiting so long...I am hoping that I will hear back this week

*crosses fingers*

Ye I'm the same.. I'm sure it will be good news for you after waiting so long! x
Reply 387
Original post by J16Jessica
Thankyou I'm super happy i got rejected from everywhere last year! x

awh :frown: It's such a horrible feeling getting rejected isn't it.. a girl in my year applied for 5 uni's to do children's nursing and she's had 5 rejections x
Original post by zoii
Ye I'm the same.. I'm sure it will be good news for you after waiting so long! x

Thank you, hope you hear some good news soon x
Original post by zoii
awh :frown: It's such a horrible feeling getting rejected isn't it.. a girl in my year applied for 5 uni's to do children's nursing and she's had 5 rejections x

It's the worst feeling in the world! I feel so bad for your friend but she shouldn't give up, worth trying again because I have done so much better 2nd time round and after getting my final a level results! I hope she gets in next year! xx
Original post by Uni2010!
Thank you really appreciate your reply. Its nice to know they are still giving out offers for my other choices. I think Bedfordshire is still giving out interviews etc because they are available in extra. Fingers crossed the other uni's get back to me before they no longer have any interview days or spaces. Really keen on KCL and Middlesex.

Good luck with your course :smile:

Oh ok I didn't apply for kings college but i know people who went to the interview and said that they were allowed to use calculators. i applied for Middlesex and i was unsuccessful because of the literacy test just three marks away.

Good luck as well :smile:
Reply 391
I am currently waiting for a decision from Teesside for Adult nursing, driving me bonkers :unimpressed:

Well Done to all who have offers :biggrin:
Reply 392
really hating all this waiting for Cardiff now :frown: Hope it's good news. Think I might phone up to see if they can tell me anything yet but then I'm scared in case they tell me I've unsuccessful ahhh god! Hope everyone else is application is going well! xx
Reply 393
Original post by zoii
really hating all this waiting for Cardiff now :frown: Hope it's good news. Think I might phone up to see if they can tell me anything yet but then I'm scared in case they tell me I've unsuccessful ahhh god! Hope everyone else is application is going well! xx

They've had their last interviews now apparantly so should be soon!! Im hoping in the next week we will know. Try not to worry too much, it'll hopefully be good news :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by Quiet:)

Oh ok I didn't apply for kings college but i know people who went to the interview and said that they were allowed to use calculators. i applied for Middlesex and i was unsuccessful because of the literacy test just three marks away.

Good luck as well :smile:

I assume they all applied before the deadline-hopefully they did well. Having calculators is nice but makes me think it would be harder.

Oh thats so unlucky! you were so close :/ xx
Original post by zoii

Just hold on til the 31st March, 2 of my friends waited 3 months last year and both got their offer on that day, GOOD LUCK XXX
To say i'm disappointed is an understatement! Just heard back from Coventry - "unsuccessful" :frown:.....What I don't understand is ok there were only 18 places but not allthose 18 people will confirm Coventry as a firm, so what happens, it goes to clearing, and clearing is for people who didn't get into their first choice and Coventry to them is second best, well Coventry was my first choice and now I havent got a chance, hurt, upset and crying :frown:
They will usually offer more than 18 places to people based on last years intake and how many accepted.... It's the same for all universities.
Only when they have a response from all offers that places will be put up onto clearing.

Good Luck for clearing, if they come onto clearing you can always try again! Chin up xxx
Original post by ClaraCluck
To say i'm disappointed is an understatement! Just heard back from Coventry - "unsuccessful" :frown:.....What I don't understand is ok there were only 18 places but not allthose 18 people will confirm Coventry as a firm, so what happens, it goes to clearing, and clearing is for people who didn't get into their first choice and Coventry to them is second best, well Coventry was my first choice and now I havent got a chance, hurt, upset and crying :frown:
Reply 398
Original post by ClaraCluck

Aw no I'm sorry to hear :frown: I've never quite understood that either! how long ago was your interview? It's horrible that there isn't much places on these courses isn't it : (have you had any more offer or waiting to hear?xx
My interview was in february, i have a conditional at BCU and had my interview today confirmed for Nottingham, just really wanted Coventry, loved the city, how the city was built around the university, I just felt really at home, nevermind, suppose I should count myself lucky that I have got an offer xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending