UserUnavailable
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The dreaded prelims for me are approaching When are/were yours? and what were they for (sg/int 2, higher, ah?)

I've got three weeks to cram over a years worth of work. :rolleyes: I really wish i'd paid more attention in S3
Inlineadam
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
Mine are in january....

BUT!! The teachers are planning to go on strike during the prelims!! Haven't a clue how this is going to work out.
animelover123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I think my Prelims are the most late in Scotland, My Highers prrelims are in Febuary.
legion99
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Mine are in the last week or two of February for Highers/Advanced Highers.
Standard Grade prelims are this month though, I think.
UserUnavailable
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by animelover123)
I think my Prelims are the most late in Scotland, My Highers prrelims are in Febuary.
no in my school higher and ah prelims are in february too
badumdumtscht
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UserUnavailable)
The dreaded prelims for me are approaching When are/were yours? and what were they for (sg/int 2, higher, ah?)

I've got three weeks to cram over a years worth of work. :rolleyes: I really wish i'd paid more attention in S3
Tbh, this is a reality for most people.
dufc_gurj
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Standard Grades in December

Ints/ Highers in February

Advanced Highers in March

However, i don't do half of my modern studies prelim - the essay writing - until March, so i have half a higher modern studies in february, half a modern studies prelim in march and two advanced higher prelims in march! :/
Alt__x
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Our prelims are not until march.
Relax, just read over your notes, it's not too late.
animelover123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alt__x)
Our prelims are not until march.
Relax, just read over your notes, it's not too late.
Are you doing a Business Management Course at Uni? How is it? beacuse i am thinking of doing exactly the same and wondering if its any good?
Alt__x
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Are you doing a Business Management Course at Uni? How is it? beacuse i am thinking of doing exactly the same and wondering if its any good?
No, I'm applying for it this year. I'm so excited though, it looks like a great course!
animelover123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
No, I'm applying for it this year. I'm so excited though, it looks like a great course!
Which uni are you planning to go to? I am guessing strathclyde......
Alt__x
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Which uni are you planning to go to? I am guessing strathclyde......
Yep, it's my first choice. Aswell as that Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling and Robert Gordon
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
So were mine. My Advanced Highers are the same, don't have them till the beginning of Febuary. My SG prelims were in November/December though.
animelover123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Yep, it's my first choice. Aswell as that Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling and Robert Gordon
You don't get a "Business Managment" course in strathclyde i think..... its called something else, but i cant remember.lol
Alt__x
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
You don't get a "Business Managment" course in strathclyde i think..... its called something else, but i cant remember.lol
Yeah, they've all got similar names and the same course code though
animelover123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, they've all got similar names and the same course code though
I would like to do a similiar caourse and torn between Glasgow and Strathclyde, so i want to ask you what made you "dismiss" Glasgow as an option.
Alt__x
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I would like to do a similiar caourse and torn between Glasgow and Strathclyde, so i want to ask you what made you "dismiss" Glasgow as an option.
My grades aren't good enough, that is all. I don't have the best grades, and they don't meet Glasgow's' requirements.
animelover123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
My grades aren't good enough, that is all. I don't have the best grades, and they don't meet Glasgow's' requirements.
So, you would have opted for Glasgow in front of strathclyde despite Strathclydes reputation in Business?
Alt__x
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
So, you would have opted for Glasgow in front of strathclyde despite Strathclydes reputation in Business?
Probably not to be honest. Strathclyde is a fantastic university for business, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a conditional from there!
Nfergs
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Unfortunately Febuary for me, like most Higher/Advanced Higher students in Scotland... The things is with prelims, even if you don't pass them, they give you a wake up call when you see your results and tell you whether how good you are or if you need to get a finger out! Take advantage of the time you still have to revise, which is plenty and do a bit of revision now to make sure you get at least above average results if you're not feeling that confident. Good results in prelims = a good appeal grade if you fail the actual exam!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise