Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    Wot do u guys think about curvy girls wearing skinny jeans? Ive never reali though of wearin them b4 bt with them in style i wanna try some. I was thinking dark blue?
    Im not sure thought.
    Any one got any opnions?
    Thnx

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends how curvy isn't it, buy your never going to know unless you try goodluck hun!! xx

ReputationRep:
    curvy girls should never wear skinny jeans because they make your theighs and hips extra wide and makes u look bigger - trust me, i've treid it before.
    I think skinny jeans only look good on really skinny people like proper spark plug thin or either they have a model figure.

ReputationRep:
    i think its a bad move,

as a curvy girl, i wouldn't dream of it! they just make you look even bigger and are unsightly and unflattering

ReputationRep:
    you don't have to be stick thin to be fashionable, however darker material is more slimming. i wouldn't recommend light blue. xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think they only look good on slim, short people. If by curvy you just mean you go in at all the right places but you're still slim then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I would ever try them, Im also curvy and well I really dont think they would suit me. But i still think you should try them, you never know! Maybe take a mate or something and ask their opnion its always useful.

ReputationRep:
    Im curvyish and people have said i look great in them!!

I don't do topshop skinny though because then i look like a whale!!

Btw i'm a size 12 and i think that just wear what you feel comfortable in and not just to wear them because everyone was!!!!

Go for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it. I wear skinny jeans almost every day and would hardly classify myself as model-thin! It really depends on your shape not your size, if you have good legs and a good bum then go for it, skinny jeans really show them off well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    Im curvyish and people have said i look great in them!
    I have had exactly the same experience. I wore skirts for two years (literally, no trousers) until skinny jeans, which are amazing!

For some curvy girls, skinny jeans are actually the most flattering style, especially if you are tall. You don't have to go for the skintight version, something slightly looser is more flattering - the New Look jeans in grey (with 'skinny' embroidered in the back in silver) or in black (with 'vintage' embroidered in the back) are particularly flattering.

In my experience they make my hips and thighs look a lot smaller than normal jeans and draw attention to my height and the length of my legs. Just give it a go - you may be one of the curvy girls who looks great in them!

ReputationRep:
    surely if your on the "larger" side of sizes (i use that term loosly,well i'm a 14/16 myself) then wearing jeans so tight that they emphasise every inch of your legs/hips/bum/stomach isn't a good prospect? and are they not uncomfortable? :s:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what size you are. I strongly diasagree that you have to be stick thin to pull them off - I NO way fall into that category yet I love wearing my grey ones. They're a size 12 and don't make look any larger than my straight cut or bootcut ones

ReputationRep:
    I find them more comfortable than normal jeans as theyres no flappage around the ankles.... i mean, topshop really don't cater for what i think as "normal" sized girls, they prefer the likes of anorexic annie etc....for a good suggestion, next has some good skinny jeans!!!

Messed Up, if you feel comfortable in them, then go for it!!! But if you really feel self consious then dont. I hate it when this kind of things comes out because it really gets to me when if a certain person doesn't "fit" the category then that person feels that they are inadequate - like me with the skinny jean issue. However, i bit the bullet, tried a pair on and voila...wasn't such a disaster as the whale that swam into the thames!!!

ReputationRep:
    When you say curvy do you mean you go in and out in the right places? If so I see nothing wrong with it my friend is a size 16 and she looks great in them (shes in proportion so it works) on the other hand there is another girl in my year who isnt curvy as such shes a size 12/14 but she just has mahoosive hips and thighs when she tries to rock the skinny jeans look all I can think is sweet jesus :eek: my eyes are about to bleed so in conclusion as long as you are in proportion you should be fine happy shopping

maoam x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    you don't have to be stick thin to be fashionable, however darker material is more slimming. i wouldn't recommend light blue. xxx
    yes you don't have to be thin to be fashionable. but wearing a style which doesnt suit your body shape is a fashion disaster, even if you are wearing the latest trends

straight legs (like 501s) fair enough. real skinny jeans will emphasise the middle and the thighs. don't even bother touching stretch demin tbh

and i would hardly call a size 12 "curvy"

(and don't be like omg she said that. i'm being honest because i'd rather people wear clothes which suited them, than look not good just to stay in fashion. hey at the end of it it's up to them. but does anyone remember when velour was fashionable and the amount of curvy girls wearing them who could not pull them off...)

Just to point out that people who are a size 8 aren't anorexic, neither are people who shop at topshop :rolleyes: Don't you just love the hypocricy? If I started saying that curvy people were actually fat and Next only caters for the 'Fattys' out there I'd get a hell of a lot of stick :rolleyes:

I've seen a few short curvy girls wearing them and they didn't really fit their legs properly, but it depends on your figure I guess and they might look amazing on you. Tall curvy girls look good in them.

I think the people who pull off the skinny jeans thing the best are the girls with boyish figures.

ReputationRep:
    i think you'd be able to get away with it how about wearing them with boots, as they'll help to balance your body out.

ReputationRep:
    A girl in one of my classes does, she's quite curvy. I think you can pull it off if you're confident and not too curvy.

It definately directs the eye to that region, if that's a good thing go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    I've seen a few short curvy girls wearing them and they didn't really fit their legs properly, but it depends on your figure I guess and they might look amazing on you. Tall curvy girls look good in them.
    Yup. Being tall helps in almost every area of buying clothes. The taller you are, the easier it is to wear whatever style of clothing you want.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.