The Student Room Group

no friends on course

I still havn't made any friends on my course yet, everyone else seems to have their own group of friends, i feel like such a loser.. I'm on a course full of girls, when the majority of my friends at home are boys, i just find boys easier to get along with.. I find myself sitting alone and eating lunch my myself, I never have anyone to pair up with on tasks and its embarrassing being the only one, my flatmate is also on my course but reeaally doesn't seem to have any intrest in being my friend.. it's making me feel depressed and i miss home, i'm seriously consdering dropping out because i hate this feeling.. anyone feel the same way? or have any advice? I usually find it easy to make friends, infact i've never even thought of it being a problem until now..
Reply 1
keep thinking positive, maybe make a little more effort like trying to initiate a convo with someone or even a smile :smile:
Reply 2
My university experience was pretty ****, but I have learned one important life skill - to stop giving a **** about anyone and everyone.
Reply 3
Original post by Miza
My university experience was pretty ****, but I have learned one important life skill - to stop giving a **** about anyone and everyone.

...but yourself

and your shelf

alwasy look out for your shelf. NOone cares about your shelf only you. Make sure that your shelf has the perfcet life. Thats all you can do!
Reply 4
I think most people will tell you the majority of their friends at University were the ones they lived/live with in first year, certainly the majority of people anyway! I'd just try and make more of an effort at home, that's not to say you aren't, just at this moment in time it's you that needs the friends so you need to put the input in. A good way to meet new people is obv the societies if it's not too late to sign up for them I'd get onto that!
Reply 5
Sounds like you have no friends off course

lmao see what I done there?
Reply 6
I only have one or two friends at university too. There are other places to make friends - most of my friends are local, and I made them through getting involved in the local music scene. It's a great networking tool to have a hobby or interest that gets you talking to all kinds of different people. If you don't have one you should get one.
You're not alone. I have 3 close friends at university and personally I don't want 'lots'. You have nothing to worry about just make yourself known, or in fact introduce yourself :smile:
Reply 8
I have none on my course either but I'm only in like 10 hours a week so I don't really care, as long as you talk to the people during practical work that's all that matters as I will never see them in 3 years, I'll be in a different country anyway. I have signed up for a photography society and have a trip on saturday so it will be interesting to see how that goes. All I ever wanted for uni was to get jacked out of my skin (bodybuilding) and get a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending