Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, i'm really stuck and i can't ask of my mates this because they don't know yet, but basically i've been confused for a while about my sexuality but i've been goin out with a girl for ages, and theres this guy at skool i like and basically we got off with each other for the first time this week and now were kinda boyfandboyf but i don't know how to tell my girlf that not only do i want to break up with her, but also that i'm gay or at least bi, coz i still fancy her so i guess i can't be flat out gay. Cheers thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dressing up as the following should do the trick:

http://www.tes.co.uk/upload/2115020/...tainDafydd.jpg

ReputationRep:
    There's no easy way, but you should tell your girlfriend ASAP. Don't prolong the agony. It'll feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders once you tell her.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just tell it to her straight, dont lie about it just tell her your confused and need some space. Tbh, if i got dumped in that way, id just be relived it wasnt because you cheated, or think im ugly etc. I think she'll be sympathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Just tell it to her straight, dont lie about it just tell her your confused and need some space. Tbh, if i got dumped in that way, id just be relived it wasnt because you cheated, or think im ugly etc. I think she'll be sympathetic.
    Nice choice of words there.

But ditto, if my boyfriend broke up with me for the reason that he was gay, it wouldn't be so bad than if he cheated/just didn't fancy me any more. And as you already have the close relationship perhaps you can just be best friends?

ReputationRep:
    omg that sounds so much like me :p:..thou tbh my (ex-)gf always kind of thought i was a bit too feminin.. she might already have a feeling that your not straight.. girls have a sixth sense for stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    Guess I can't comment I broke up with my gf by lieing to her lol. Well anyway we now talk a lot and she basically said it would have been better if I had told her the truth...which I guess is completely true.

--------------

(Original post by pwofessow)
    omg that sounds so much like me :p:..thou tbh my (ex-)gf always kind of thought i was a bit too feminin.. she might already have a feeling that your not straight.. girls have a sixth sense for stuff like that
    I went out with my gf for 8 months. She didn't know till someone at college told her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, i'm really stuck and i can't ask of my mates this because they don't know yet, but basically i've been confused for a while about my sexuality but i've been goin out with a girl for ages, and theres this guy at skool i like and basically we got off with each other for the first time this week and now were kinda boyfandboyf but i don't know how to tell my girlf that not only do i want to break up with her, but also that i'm gay or at least bi, coz i still fancy her so i guess i can't be flat out gay. Cheers thanks

If you don't have the guts/confidence to say it then just get a bit drunk and go up to her and say: 'I'm sooo gay'. tis all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lad - straight, but a lad nevertheless. It's a monumental task you have on your hands, i can't imagine what you're going through. I think you should tell her you want to break up because you're CONFUSED and not because you have a bf. She will sympathise and just make sure you get the point across that you just need time out to think about our sexuality (gay or bi?).

ReputationRep:
    I went out with my gf for 8 months. She didn't know till someone at college told her
    hehehe stupid girls :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell her your bi so as not to offend her and make her friends taunt her and say she made you turn gay :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at Multiplexed...

cheers guys thanks for all the replies (including the umm interesting ones lol) yeh i just rang her and sed we need to talk and we just went through everything i told her that i'm bi as i think i'm more bi than gay (and no i'm not ust following current fashion of sayin ure bi when really ure gay lol) she was really cool about it, took a while to reassure her that it wasnt goin out with her that made me feel this way, i feel so calm now, right now i think i should tell some of my mates before it gets round msn before i get to them lol thanks again guys!

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys thanks for all the replies (including the umm interesting ones lol) yeh i just rang her and sed we need to talk and we just went through everything i told her that i'm bi as i think i'm more bi than gay (and no i'm not ust following current fashion of sayin ure bi when really ure gay lol) she was really cool about it, took a while to reassure her that it wasnt goin out with her that made me feel this way, i feel so calm now, right now i think i should tell some of my mates before it gets round msn before i get to them lol thanks again guys!
    Am really happy for you!! Am glad you actually did it (most people um and ah then chicken out). Im glad she took it well, and that you actually had the guts to speak rather than text her. Perhaps you should arrange to meet up with her, just to explain more, or just in general to still be friends.

Hope telling your mates goes well. Remember there your friends, they probably wont give a damn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.