Turn on thread page Beta

To all the literati (a.k.a. "Grammar Nazis") watch

ReputationRep:
    An article you may appreciate:

http://geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Ja...0126034454.htm

ReputationRep:
    LOL is going to be the downfall of the English language.
    So true!

ReputationRep:
    lol?

ReputationRep:
    There's no real material to that article. For someone with a major in English i would expect more substance. I think I, a 15 year old, could have written a more cogent argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    There's no real material to that article. For someone with a major in English i would expect more substance. I think I, a 15 year old, could have written a more cogent argument.
    i think not.

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    She's trying to make a point, not write a poem.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, English is a beautiful language. It's a shame it gets abused.

...My history teacher in a discussion about the subject Critical Thinking: "It's strange because if you think about whether to think or not, you would have thinked already! Thought, I mean."

ReputationRep:
    All pretty obvious stuff. Not exactly a world-changing piece of writing, just a short rant that's not even entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    LOL tat artcle was liek all rolfflelamom tat manz is sooooo angry! Liek sooo angy! Hez sold go outsid an get a lyfe lik moi cuz AOL iz tah interntes yah.

ReputationRep:
    *clenches fists*

ReputationRep:
    omg lo00OOlooolllz !!!1111!!!1 u is liek da roxxxOOrrz off da TSR. Ne1 nos dat we roxxx He was liek sooOooo angry tho innit

ReputationRep:
    Hee hee

He is truly the Hitler of the Grammar Nazis...

ReputationRep:
    I liked the last comment on the article, the one that tells the writer to "suck my huge, biochemical ****."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remindmeagain)
    Hee hee

He is truly the Hitler of the Grammar Nazis...
    WTF??? He's the equivalent of a vaguely apathetic voter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Cycling)
    So true!
    The downfall of the english language has alrwady started and finished, init.

If anyone types "lol" and doesnt actually "lol" I will fight you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keybolasosa)
    The downfall of the english language has alrwady started and finished, init.

If anyone types "lol" and doesnt actually "lol" I will fight you.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that people should start speaking and typing like they are supposed to but I think 'lol' is acceptable, how else are you going to show you are mildly amused by something without looking like an idiot?

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha. Works just as well in text as it does when spoken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Ha ha. Works just as well in text as it does when spoken.
    I always think ha ha seems quite sarcastic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.