The Student Room Group

Tesco Trainee Management Programme 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pixiee
Hiya :smile:

I passed my phone interview too, never worked for Tesco though so just had my work sample there. Spoke with the store manager and the assessment centre is either April or May its not been decided and confirmed yet :smile:

Which store did you do your placement on, did you work on any specific department. Any questions about the store environment that you didn't get a feel for on your sample just PM me :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by BradHosk
Which store did you do your placement on, did you work on any specific department. Any questions about the store environment that you didn't get a feel for on your sample just PM me :smile:

Hiiya :smile:

I did my work sample in Glasgow and no basically just got a feel for each part of the store, the day was really well structured I thought. Just nervously waiting for the assessment centre eeeeek!!

And yeahh thanks for that I might just do that at some point, I def dont know everything ha!
Reply 42
Hi Guys! :smile: This is my first post! I've joined up to this site because i haven't been able to find anyone else who are taking part on the tesco scheme anywhere else lol! Is everyone doing the Alevel entry or the Graduate? I had my work sample on the 14th of Feb, does anybody know when we hear back? Can't stop checking my emails :tongue:. Such a nerv racking process!
Reply 43
Original post by Sairs
Hi Guys! :smile: This is my first post! I've joined up to this site because i haven't been able to find anyone else who are taking part on the tesco scheme anywhere else lol! Is everyone doing the Alevel entry or the Graduate? I had my work sample on the 14th of Feb, does anybody know when we hear back? Can't stop checking my emails :tongue:. Such a nerv racking process!

Hiya! Ive applied for the A Level and had my work sample on 16th Feb. Cant stop checking my emails either so I know the feeling :smile:! When I login to the Tesco recruitment site and check my applicant status its just blank, theyre giving nothing away haha Im guessing we should hear back in the next week or so regarding the assessment centre!
Reply 44
Hey! On the A Level programme also, well applying at least. Constantly checking my inbox too, pretty nervous, though remember it's not till late March/April so maybe best not to get so worked up just yet. The last Work Samples were on Thursday just gone so maybe they'll process all applications together this coming week.

Anyone else get the impression on their Work Sample day that they were through to the Assessment Centre stage regardless, providing they're still interested?
Reply 45
Hi to both of you :smile:! I got the impression I was through, well in fact the deputy manager who was showing us around said from his side of things I was :biggrin: but tbh I'm not going to believe it until I get that email. Apart from people who decide to pull out, how are they going to vet everyone else ?:s. Where are the both of you from?

Does anyone have a clue how many places there are? Everyone I asked at my work sample didn't have a clue!

Woohoo not on my own anymore :smile:!
Reply 46
I'm from the West Midlands :smile: Yourself?

The Manager on my work sample that had been through this process said there were around 3000 applicants last year and 24 places. The previous year there were slightly fewer applicants but more places, however funding had dropped so the intake was lower last year.

Apparently the advertising scheme for this year was bigger so perhaps thats a good indication they may have more funding now. Obviously this will also mean an increased number of applicants as well as places, though based on last years figures I can't imagine the intake being more than a speculative 40.

Remember a fair number of candidates will have applied for other jobs and schemes that they may have preference over, people can withdraw this way. Otherwise I can't think of how else they'll narrow it down further from the Work Sample stage.

Ahh nervous/excited!
Reply 47
I'm from Scotland :smile:

Yeahh I also got told off the store manager that I wasnt getting assessed during the work sample, however wont be settled until I get that email haha!

It is a waiting game :smile:
Reply 48
I'm from Nottingham :smile:.

For us to get this far they've obviously seen something they've liked lol!
Its the worst waiting game ever though!! Eesh that's so many applicants for so little places.

Fingers crossed we hear something next week! :biggrin:
Reply 49
I know I hate waiting its just horrible eh :frown:

What does ur status say on their recruitment website? It normally says "under review" but mine is blank..

Weirdddd!!

Yeah I know I was told like 3000 applied and theres Waitrose M&S Asda that all do this type of thing as well so a lot will go to one of them :smile:!

I just want this assesement centre to hurry up ha! :smile:
For anyone attending a store programme assessment centre in the near future - I've been informed that the day should involve roleplay + leadership activities and a face-to-face interview only, no verbal/numerical tests will be carried out. The assessment centre is the same venue as the overnigth accomodation for the dinner with candidates and previous graduates + presentation

I receieved my AC invitation two days after my work sample at Tesco Sevenoaks - this might just be a reflection of manager style and speed though, rather than anything else

Hope this helps
Reply 51
Pixee mine is blank also! Just says application status : then a whole lot of white!

Solitaire617 by any chance are you doing the graduate scheme? Because i do know that there about a month ahead of the A-level scheme and have heard they are choosing the dates now.
If you are on the A-level scheme i think my heart as just sunk a little lol!
Reply 52
Oh good to know its not just me and is normal then lol!

Yeah I was thinking that sounded more like the graduate scheme...why has ur heart sunk a little? Haha, thats kind of what I am expecting anyway except not a dinner or hotel stay :smile: thats more graduate eh?
Reply 53
Haha pixiee my heart sunk a little becuase i was starting to panic a little just in cases they are on the A-level scheme. Just want my email :frown:

It does sound like the graduate one! I wouldn't think they would spend the money on people with a-levels? But who knows right! Out of interest pixiee do you know if there are any assesment centres in Scotland? i know in the past the choices have been London, Birmingham and Manchester! Thats going to be a treck for you.
Reply 54
Yeahh def sounds like graduate to me hope so anyway! We will get our email we just have to wait a little longer :frown:

Store manager on my work sample told me it was going to be in Glasgoe and the 3 other locations you just mentioned so yeah I will be all good :smile: haha
Honestly I have never checked my emails so many times on my life, and im sure u and everyone else here are the exact same its torture ahhh! :smile:
Reply 55
I know just want to 'revise' so i can kick ass on the one on one lol! I go from being nervous to excited :biggrin:.

Oohh thats good! Glasgow to Manchester is like nearly a 4 hour drive :redface:! Pitty your not coming down here though :tongue:
Reply 56
Yeah me tooo!

Aww god I know and I dont drive either lol! Its the roleplays and group exercises Im not sure how to really prepare for :/ interview is fine though! :tongue:
Whoops, sorry guys I misunderstood this thread! There are so many about Tesco I lose track lol. Yes, I am on the graduate scheme. Sorry about the confusion!
Reply 58
Coventry - Wednesday 18th April 2012!
Reply 59
Coventry Tuesday 17th April!!!! About bloody time :biggrin:

Checked it this morning and i just had a white screen lol. Had to go for the tuesday because its my only day off in the week.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending