The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Is it visible? , if not dont bother

One Major downside of this policy is that they will not let you declare any mods = /
Reply 381
Yeah there's something that gets attached to the centre console apparently :/
Reply 382
I've bought a fiat punto sport recently, and i am having my box fitted on thursday. however i am now extremely worried, as there's a bit of skirting on the car, which i thought was just part of the model. now i can see that if there's any modification they won't even give you a quote!!! i don't want this stupid skirting on it anyway? what should i do? i dont want them just to cancel the insurance on it! im so gutted! :frown: help!!!
Reply 383
Original post by Azza919
I've bought a fiat punto sport recently, and i am having my box fitted on thursday. however i am now extremely worried, as there's a bit of skirting on the car, which i thought was just part of the model. now i can see that if there's any modification they won't even give you a quote!!! i don't want this stupid skirting on it anyway? what should i do? i dont want them just to cancel the insurance on it! im so gutted! :frown: help!!!

Its pretty stupid, I wish they would let you pay an extra 30-40 pounds if you have small mods. Because of this I'm having to fork out an extra £200 on standard alloys I dont even need = (
Reply 384
Original post by Gothica
Its pretty stupid, I wish they would let you pay an extra 30-40 pounds if you have small mods. Because of this I'm having to fork out an extra £200 on standard alloys I dont even need = (

i don't know whether to ring them up tomorrow morning and explain, or whether to just wing it and hope for the best, hoping that the guy who fits it won't say anything/won't notice.... this has ruined everything!!! :mad:
Reply 385
Original post by :-O!
Yeah there's something that gets attached to the centre console apparently :/

Pray he is the type of guy who does not care, Thats what im hoping :s-smilie:
Reply 386
Original post by Azza919
i don't know whether to ring them up tomorrow morning and explain, or whether to just wing it and hope for the best, hoping that the guy who fits it won't say anything/won't notice.... this has ruined everything!!! :mad:

I say you leave it, could you post a pic of it in the morning?

Btw did you give the exact dates you and ur named drivers passed?
Reply 387
Original post by Gothica
I say you leave it, could you post a pic of it in the morning?

Btw did you give the exact dates you and ur named drivers passed?

yeah sure, i can do, im so fuming!

and yeah i did, just got them from the licences of my mum, dad and myself.
Reply 388
My parent were to lazy to dig up their licences. Will make them do it now (praying I entered dates after they had passed). Im worred that if I tell them they will charge me the £15 adjustment fee = (

If I can get insurance for the same price with someone different next year I surely will
Reply 389
Original post by itchy and scratchy
I'm getting insured with them this week. If I were to drive in the evening on the odd occasion, would the insurance go up?

I think its when you start driving after 10pm where they increase your premium
Reply 390
Original post by Gothica
Pray he is the type of guy who does not care, Thats what im hoping :s-smilie:

Could see if I can take it back to get it done I suppose, just a bit of a pain for something that isn't too big a mod!
Why bother with a parot kit with the price it is?

You can get many head units that have hands free bluetooth built in. You just need to run a little microphone up behind the a-pillar cover and poke it out the top.

My last head unit before i bought a pioneer p99rs had it. a JVC avx-33. Could stream music from your phone also.
Reply 392
Original post by Sam Walters
Why bother with a parot kit with the price it is?

You can get many head units that have hands free bluetooth built in. You just need to run a little microphone up behind the a-pillar cover and poke it out the top.

My last head unit before i bought a pioneer p99rs had it. a JVC avx-33. Could stream music from your phone also.

Can't change the head unit on the YD insurance, it is a mod, I've checked :frown: Plus the dealer's doing a pretty sweet deal on it so I'm happy to get it!
Reply 393
Right, just got my dads counterpart. The only date that seems to appear on there is "provisional entitlement" . Is this the right date?, im confused:confused:
Original post by :-O!
Can't change the head unit on the YD insurance, it is a mod, I've checked :frown: Plus the dealer's doing a pretty sweet deal on it so I'm happy to get it!

Most companies allow you to change your head unit without informing them. infact when i was insured with admiral i had 200 pounds cover on my stereo kit as standard.
Reply 395
Original post by Sam Walters
Most companies allow you to change your head unit without informing them. infact when i was insured with admiral i had 200 pounds cover on my stereo kit as standard.

I know, I queried this when I asked if I could bring along my CD90 unit from the old car (had GPS, worth £900 new!) They said it's count as a modification when I asked them :frown:
Original post by Gothica
Right, just got my dads counterpart. The only date that seems to appear on there is "provisional entitlement" . Is this the right date?, im confused:confused:

The date on the license is the date they passed their PRACTICAL test and the date they held their full license since. Not provisional
Original post by Gothica
I think its when you start driving after 10pm where they increase your premium

No, between 11pm - 6am, NOT 10 pm
Reply 398
DSCF0079.jpg

There it is, ergggg it's killing me.
Reply 399
Original post by Gothica

^ in case you haven't seen it

Latest

Trending

Trending