The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by lauraj18x
It says at the end of the letter though, total amount £2000 & something & by the looks of it they are taking out £900 odd plus the £102 out the 6th april, I've emailed co op but no response, should i ring the credit agreement up?

I'm guessing that it says 'Total amount payable: £1871.46'?
The credit company are willing to lend you up to £1500, and as far as I can see, the £1871 is how much you'd have to pay back IF you borrowed the full 1500 off of them.

You might as well ring the credit company up, to verify that it's all correct and it'll put your mind at ease, though the phone lines are only open Monday-Friday.

If you go onto the link that you're given in the letter, sign up and then click the button saying 'View and sign agreement', it'll give you more details about what you have to pay.

When I view the online agreement, it says;
'If your Transactions equal the full Credit Limit of £1500 the total amount payable will be £1871.46'
Which is what the letter is trying to say but is badly worded
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 441
Never get a smart box, they hike up your insurance after the first month as their definition or "Good driving" is not driving at all. They put it up if you drive after 9pm and the initial cheap price is just to get you to sign up.
Reply 442
i love co-op
Original post by cozmcrae
Never get a smart box, they hike up your insurance after the first month as their definition or "Good driving" is not driving at all. They put it up if you drive after 9pm and the initial cheap price is just to get you to sign up.

& how did you work that one out?!
Only bad thing is they don't take it out after your insurance is finished
If I buy a car today and then Fill out the insurance will I be able to drive it home tomorrow?
Original post by Camoxide
If I buy a car today and then Fill out the insurance will I be able to drive it home tomorrow?

If it's paid for then Yes, your insurance will be valid.
Reply 447
Hey all, I have a question. My car 'brokedown' today and I've taken out the RAC cover with the young drivers insurance and they scanned it through the computer and the faults were "mass air flow sensor" and "02 sensor".

My question is, will I have to pay to get this fixed or will my insurance pay for it? I took out insurance last month, and this only happened today but i don't know if i will still have to pay? Hope not :frown: Anyone know? thanks...
You have to pay
Reply 449
I had my box installed yesterday but when does my driving ratings appear on the dashboard?
Reply 450
I got the box fitted yesterday & checked my online dashboard & they all say very poor. I have not once gone over the speed limit, i'm going that slow i might as well stop. Not been out past 8 o clock so how have they worked this one out? Has this happened to anyone else?? Is it just because its the first day?
Reply 451
Original post by lauraj18x
I got the box fitted yesterday & checked my online dashboard & they all say very poor. I have not once gone over the speed limit, i'm going that slow i might as well stop. Not been out past 8 o clock so how have they worked this one out? Has this happened to anyone else?? Is it just because its the first day?

I had my box installed yesterday too and just looked and I've got very poor for everything, though I know I haven't driven over the speed limit or been out after 11, so I assume it's just because it's the first day. Hopefully it'll be sorted out by tomorrow.

For people with the box, how often does the online dashboard update?
Original post by Slapstick
Hey all, I have a question. My car 'brokedown' today and I've taken out the RAC cover with the young drivers insurance and they scanned it through the computer and the faults were "mass air flow sensor" and "02 sensor".

My question is, will I have to pay to get this fixed or will my insurance pay for it? I took out insurance last month, and this only happened today but i don't know if i will still have to pay? Hope not :frown: Anyone know? thanks...

Is it a Vauxhall Corsa?

You could find out if your insurance company will pay, it's unlikely though, read the documentation of cover. It shouldn't be an expensive fix though, by the sounds of it.
I just got a quote from this and it's £20 less than my normal insurance company and they don't big brother me. Rubbish!
Reply 454
Original post by Sammydemon
Is it a Vauxhall Corsa?

You could find out if your insurance company will pay, it's unlikely though, read the documentation of cover. It shouldn't be an expensive fix though, by the sounds of it.

Yeah you were right, Insurance companies never cover mechanical failures apparently. Also, the garage quoted me £179 (£89 for the filter, rest for labour) for the installing of a new Mass Air Sensor.

I said, eff that. Ordered a cheap 1 on ebay for £25 with a year warranty. Looked at a youtube video at how to install it myself, it's so easy!!! 2 minute job...

I know ordering a "cheap" rather than going for the £89 bosch one seems foolish to some. But... this is my 1st car, i bought it for £500... the sensor may be £25... but it has a year warranty and i doubt i'll have this car for anymore than a year.
Reply 455
I just got a quote from this and it's £20 less than my normal insurance company and they don't big brother me. Rubbish!

What one are you with? How old are you? Do you have NCD?

This one is specifically aimed at YOUNG drivers, struggling to afford any other insurance. The cheapest quote i could get being under 21 and only holding my license for 1 month was £3000... only fire and theft. Now i'm fully comped paying just under a grand. Co op can big brother me all they want! My driving stats are all on 5 (out of 5) so at this rate... i'm looking at getting a further discount :smile: I'm loving this insurance :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I wish I could get insured with a cheap company, but they run with Insure the Box don't they? Thats not practical for me, as I sometimes work up until 3AM at a cinema. :frown: Got a quote for £1,300 after just passing my test though, going to check out the car I got a quote on tomorrow, yeyeyeyey! That quote was with Diamond
What one are you with? How old are you? Do you have NCD?

This one is specifically aimed at YOUNG drivers, struggling to afford any other insurance. The cheapest quote i could get being under 21 and only holding my license for 1 month was £3000... only fire and theft. Now i'm fully comped paying just under a grand. Co op can big brother me all they want! My driving stats are all on 5 (out of 5) so at this rate... i'm looking at getting a further discount :smile: I'm loving this insurance :smile:

I'm 20 years old that's young isn't it? Yes I do have a NCD. This insurance claims to save vast amounts for anyone ages 17-24, it clearly doesn't. There seems to be a lot of people who claim to drive very well, but the machine gives them a poor rating, I'm not sure how reliable it would be.

Also, is your car a Corsa? You didn't say in the above post. I had the same problem with mine when I got it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 458
I'm 20 years old that's young isn't it? Yes I do have a NCD. This insurance claims to save vast amounts for anyone ages 17-24, it clearly doesn't. There seems to be a lot of people who claim to drive very well, but the machine gives them a poor rating, I'm not sure how reliable it would be.

Also, is your car a Corsa? You didn't say in the above post. I had the same problem with mine when I got it.

Wow! I'm 20 too, but i didn't have have a NCD...well i hadn't even held my license for more than a month, so i guess that's why you were able to find cheaper quotes, they see you as way more experienced than me and therefore less of a risk, regardless of same age.

I don't doubt that some people are getting crappy readings, coz it seems like one of those things that can go easily wrong. But to play devil's advocate, my car was £500... The accelarator is so f'd. It's all or nothing. I'm either going slowly... or VROOOOOOOOM. People always think i'm trying to be a boy racer when i move off because it revs so high :frown: Which is no surprise that my Breaking/accelarating is the lowest score out of everything, but it's still 4.2 (out of 5). even after i gave my roommate a little driving lesson and he stalled and revved/harsh braked the f out of my car.

And oh yeah, sorry, yeah it's a Corsa. I looked online, seems to be a really common problem with 93-2000 Corsa Bs... Did yours work properly after you replaced the MAF? What would yours do exactly? Mine drives fine around 30mph, it's when i get on 40/50mph roads and put my foot down - engine light comes on, put my footdown more car slows down/loses power - let go off gas for a couple secs, engine light goes off.
Wow! I'm 20 too, but i didn't have have a NCD...well i hadn't even held my license for more than a month, so i guess that's why you were able to find cheaper quotes, they see you as way more experienced than me and therefore less of a risk, regardless of same age.

I don't doubt that some people are getting crappy readings, coz it seems like one of those things that can go easily wrong. But to play devil's advocate, my car was £500... The accelarator is so f'd. It's all or nothing. I'm either going slowly... or VROOOOOOOOM. People always think i'm trying to be a boy racer when i move off because it revs so high :frown: Which is no surprise that my Breaking/accelarating is the lowest score out of everything, but it's still 4.2 (out of 5). even after i gave my roommate a little driving lesson and he stalled and revved/harsh braked the f out of my car.

And oh yeah, sorry, yeah it's a Corsa. I looked online, seems to be a really common problem with 93-2000 Corsa Bs... Did yours work properly after you replaced the MAF? What would yours do exactly? Mine drives fine around 30mph, it's when i get on 40/50mph roads and put my foot down - engine light comes on, put my footdown more car slows down/loses power - let go off gas for a couple secs, engine light goes off.

Yes you're right, I have held my licence since 17 and have been driving for longer than you so I don't think they are really interested in me.

Again, yes, after replacing the sensor the car ran fine, mine had the same symptoms. The car is simply switching in to low-power "get-you-home" mode because it thinks there is a fault preventing air intake. As soon as you put your foot down, the engine requires a lot more air to burn the fuel... scared the hell out of me when trying to overtake and had no power left!

Latest

Trending

Trending