Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, first of all, I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, so sorry if it's wrong. I'm going on a few trips in the next few months, including a trip to Germany/Poland and an overnight stay in Nottingham, and I've decided I would like some new luggage. I want a biggish case, definitely with wheels, for the trip abroad, something to use as hand luggage on the plane, and something small that will be suitable for the overnight stay, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for somewhere to look. The hand luggage and overnight bag could be the same if it was a suitable size.

I quite like the look of this and this , but as I was saying I'm just looking to see if anyone had any other suggestions. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    have a look in TK Maxx they always have nice luggage!

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is that it is just luggage, it's what you put inside it that matters. and I don't like attracting attantion to my luggage, it's just asking for someone to try and rummage through it for something to nick and these things do happen.

ReputationRep:
    i think they are Roxy or some make like that....and they are bright pink...when i went to Paris with my Friends last Feb. ithought they were well cool. You can get them in all diff. sizes but i think they can be expensive!

oh found a pic. :

ReputationRep:
    The quality of Argos bags isn't so great in mmy experence, I had a suitcase that just broke the first time we used it on a family holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Podge)
    i think they are Roxy or some make like that....and they are bright pink...when i went to Paris with my Friends last Feb. ithought they were well cool. You can get them in all diff. sizes but i think they can be expensive!

oh found a pic. :
    Yeh, Roxy suitcases are quite expensive but they are really good quality. I have a huuuuge suitcase, a travel case and also a washbag and they are really good! Especially as I am always to-ing and fro-ing from uni
    http://www.tripp.co.uk/products.cfm?search=roxy
    http://www.surfinglifestore.com/roxy/luggage/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    I don't like attracting attantion to my luggage, it's just asking for someone to try and rummage through it for something to nick and these things do happen.
    :ditto: Flashy luggage attracts the attention of thieves.

ReputationRep:
    I second going to TK Maxx, it is hit and miss and you might have to keep going every week but you can get some really nice luggage if you are lucky.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in having flashy luggage? You're just asking to get robbed. Plus, the luggage you like look like they are for someone with a passion for MyScene and Barbie dolls. Perhaps you could just get a decent hinking rucksack to take with you as I find it much easier to carry stuff on my back then tuggind round a trolley when I go travelling. Blacks do some nice, reasonably priced ones, as do Millets.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do rucksacks, I definitely want a case I can pull around, I find them easier to carry (or pull) and I also find them much more suitable for packing, rather than just stuffing everything in. Also, I don't think a rucksack would be big enough.

And I don't really think the ones I linked to are 'flashy'. If they were louis vuitton or something fair enough, but they don't exactly look luxurious.

ReputationRep:
    spend the money and you wont have to buy loads and loads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    OK, first of all, I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, so sorry if it's wrong. I'm going on a few trips in the next few months, including a trip to Germany/Poland and an overnight stay in Nottingham, and I've decided I would like some new luggage. I want a biggish case, definitely with wheels, for the trip abroad, something to use as hand luggage on the plane, and something small that will be suitable for the overnight stay, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for somewhere to look. The hand luggage and overnight bag could be the same if it was a suitable size.

I quite like the look of this and this , but as I was saying I'm just looking to see if anyone had any other suggestions. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    I have the big bag in the first link, but in pink. It's brilliant and holds loads. I packed it for a 3 day trip to Cardiff and it still wasn't full.

(Original post by pratikv)
    What's the point in having flashy luggage? You're just asking to get robbed.

Plus, the luggage you like look like they are for someone with a passion for MyScene and Barbie dolls.
    So basically, only an 8 year old would be interested in stealing that luggage anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    I don't do rucksacks, I definitely want a case I can pull around, I find them easier to carry (or pull) and I also find them much more suitable for packing, rather than just stuffing everything in. Also, I don't think a rucksack would be big enough.

And I don't really think the ones I linked to are 'flashy'. If they were louis vuitton or something fair enough, but they don't exactly look luxurious.
    I didn't mean 'flashy' as in expensive - I meant it in the sense as you'd attract attention to yourself, and hence would be more likely to get robbed. Luggage isn't exactly a fashion accessory, so why don't you just get some nice, good quality bags as opposed to buying something purely for the (IMO lacklustre) design? I just think that that would make more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    So basically, only an 8 year old would be interested in stealing that luggage anyway.
    Nah, I reckon most 8 year olds have better taste. :p:

Hehehe, perhaps, although at 8 years old they'd probably get their suitcases chosen for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    I didn't mean 'flashy' as in expensive - I meant it in the sense as you'd attract attention to yourself, and hence would be more likely to get robbed. Luggage isn't exactly a fashion accessory, so why don't you just get some nice, good quality bags as opposed to buying something purely for the (IMO lacklustre) design? I just think that that would make more sense.

Fair point, but part of the reason I wanted 'flashy' luggage was to make it easier to find when we get off the plane and stuff. Also, the sets I linked too seemed like very good value compared to some (I don't want to spend a fortune on it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    Fair point, but part of the reason I wanted 'flashy' luggage was to make it easier to find when we get off the plane and stuff. Also, the sets I linked too seemed like very good value compared to some (I don't want to spend a fortune on it)
    That's a good point! I can never find my luggage straightaway! And it's annoying if someone has the same case as you...you go to pick it up but then someone else takes it!

I tie ribbons around my handle and through the zips now so that I can notice mine straightaway! :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.