Turn on thread page Beta

what makes a guy hot or good looking? watch

ReputationRep:
    any thoughts ladies?

ReputationRep:
    since you're asking us to be entirely superficial...
    mostly... for me its the hair

there must be some who agree.... personally i like dark longish hair best

ReputationRep:
    eyes
    and no spots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turkish_delight)
    eyes
    and no spots
    Yay! I fulfil both of those criteria! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Looks do count, but so does personality. There are plenty good looking guys at school, but they're always swearing, fighting, thinking about how good they look and generally making fools of them selves. In conclusion this behavior doesn't make a guy hot.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Spiky dark hair

ReputationRep:
    eyes
    and no spots
    hmm well that narrows it down lol

ReputationRep:
    You will be hard pressed to find an answer: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if you attempt to emulate another individual, you will stand out as daft. Be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    For me its the personality rather than looks...I tend to prefer tall, and dark hair and eyes... its the personality that makes or breaks it. The nose is also a factor...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    You will be hard pressed to find an answer: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if you attempt to emulate another individual, you will stand out as daft. Be yourself.
    k. But i just was after some stereotypical aspects.

ReputationRep:
    Personality is maker or breaker...you might think that's cliche but it's true. (I personally fall for lads who have a dry sense of humour...and I tend to go for natural blondes, too. Which is...superficial.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    k. But i just was after some stereotypical aspects.
    Then get yourself a copy of a girly magazine which will be full of pictures of 'stereotypically' good looking guys. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to answer that question. I seem to go for all types of guys, so there must be some mysterious 'x factor' or something lol.
    May I suggest good hygiene and decent hair as a start (if you've already done that, you're on your way).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    Looks do count, but so does personality. There are plenty good looking guys at school, but they're always swearing, fighting, thinking about how good they look and generally making fools of them selves. In conclusion this behavior doesn't make a guy hot.
    Yeah I agree, but for a first impression it doesn't matter so much to me what their personality's like - just because I think they're hot doesn't mean I fancy them. But yeah to the OP - nice eyes, normally blue for me :rolleyes: and hair which preferable doesn't have gel in it.....ooh and I'm a sucker for nice cheekbones! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Personality dosent mean jack to girls

If a guys good looking enough they dont care about personality. Its just that they have to compromise and they dont want to sound shallow, thats the reason they say personality :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What makes a guy hot? Read:

T
    /\/\
    G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)

If a guys good looking enough they dont care about personality. Its just that they have to compromise and they dont want to sound shallow, thats the reason they say personality :rolleyes:
    not true.
    for me personality is everything. I might see a guy, think ooh hes hot, get to know him a bit better and if he has an awful personality i get put right off. so for me personality is a major thing, no compromise in sight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)

Poor you, you obviously have not met any non-superficial girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)

I really hope thats a joke. Its utter rubbish! A few moths ago a guy started talking to me in a club, and he wasn't my 'type' as such but I realised he was good looking, anyway, he was such a nice guy I was talking to him for about an hour and a half, and totally fell for his personality and not his looks.

Completely ruins your theory.

ReputationRep:
    eyes
    and no spots
    I'm so glad someone posted no spots. I like to think I have a fair idea of what makes a guy attractive and this was one of the reasons I had down, hence why I'm going out to buy some concealer tommorow

Oh btw you think its wrong that I am going to fool girls into thinking I have no acne by wearing concealer?
    And if so how would you justify this considering that most girls wear makeup/concealer?

As for my input to the discussion- Hair, eyes, nose, chin, eyebrows, skin. Pretty much almost every aspect.

Good looks are important, but not as important as sexual tension (which I recently learned the hard way )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.