The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When your bread is starting to go a little bit mouldy 'round the edges... so you just cut those bits off and continue sandwich construction.
when you don't turn up somewhere because your mind as filled with exam revision,deleting the memory of appointments
Original post by LowRider
when you decide to take an hourish nap or lie down for a bit and end up waking 6 hours later and think crap just lost a whole evening of revision and go back to sleep.

I just did this. I went to have a nap at 5 and I've only just woken up. Now I'm not tired enough to sleep. :facepalm:
Original post by siani-chan
I just did this. I went to have a nap at 5 and I've only just woken up. Now I'm not tired enough to sleep. :facepalm:

I've done this too.

You turn up to lectures having only had 2 hours sleep. Somehow, I didn't fall asleep during the seminar.
Reply 1304
when you live in a uni house and someone else never washes shared pieces of kitchen equipment and always expects someone else/the fairies to do it. when asked... they claim they haven't used it, even though it is covered in food that only they eat.

why are some young people so damn bone idle. would help if more people actually had to do things when they were at home, instead of being waited on hand and foot by mammy/daddy/the butler. that wasn't a dig at people aged 18/19, as i've met plenty of people at uni that are perfectly able to look after themselves and not turn their surroundings into a pig sty.
You start your work well in advance but somehow you still find yourself up until ungodly hours the night before the deadline.
Reply 1306
Original post by slappyhours
you sleep in to avoid severe hunger pains

Student life sounds grim. So glad I go to work and earn a full time salary instead.
Original post by andym88
when you live in a uni house and someone else never washes shared pieces of kitchen equipment and always expects someone else/the fairies to do it. when asked... they claim they haven't used it, even though it is covered in food that only they eat.

why are some young people so damn bone idle. would help if more people actually had to do things when they were at home, instead of being waited on hand and foot by mammy/daddy/the butler. that wasn't a dig at people aged 18/19, as i've met plenty of people at uni that are perfectly able to look after themselves and not turn their surroundings into a pig sty.

When you wash up the entire kitchen while your flat mates are out because you have 'nothing to do' and after the place is spotless. Compared to the mountains of plates and dried in food that have been left out before.

Then next day, one of your flat mates has a 'flat talk' about how they wash up and no one else does anything.

I stopped cleaning up after people on this day.
:mad:
Reply 1308
can only imagine the person that negged my last post is the sort of lazy pig that i was talking about :smile:
Reply 1309
You find yourself asking for a discount when you're given a free hoody.
You can't find any clean bowls so breakfast involves you eating a few handfuls of dry cereal from the box before drinking some milk straight from the carton.
Reply 1311
When your hobby is procrastinating.
drinking a mug of vodka before bed.
One meal a day becomes acceptable because it saves money!
Deadline season food consists of cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With some energy drinks and chocolates in between
Having a drink every night of the week is perfectly acceptable.

Drinking before noon is normal.
Original post by Lintu93
You can't find any clean bowls so breakfast involves you eating a few handfuls of dry cereal from the box before drinking some milk straight from the carton.

Wow, I read this while eating dry cereal from the box since I couldn't find any clean bowls!
Reply 1317
Original post by andym88

This is so true!! I have someone like that in my house and by the sounds of it, he is treated like a baby at home which explains why he just leaves his dishes for others to clean or claims its not his!
when someone says a time for some event you actually have to ask 'AM or PM?'
When you go to a coffee house that opens at 10 and closes at 2. 10 PM and 2 AM.

Quick Reply

Latest