Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Be blunt... tell him straight that you like him. You can't carry on like this - I mean you can't carry on not having a relationship with any other guy on the basis of that he might like you. I personally think he likes you, and is in a similar situation as you. If you talk to him about it, I'm sure you'll become a couple.

Thanks for the advice and the replies everyone. I'm still not sure if I'm going to be able to do it. I think I'm gonna have to do a bit more work at finding out how he does feel, because I haven't got the guts whilst I'm still this clueless as to how he feels! If anyone else has any stories of similar kind of similar situations, I'd be really interested to know the outcomes..

ReputationRep:
    He likes you.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should tell him. Be brave!

I'm in a similar position, except I'm a boy and she's in a relationship with my best friend. But apart from that our relationship appears to be the same as yours. I'm very, very shy in general, but I've decided that I'm just going to say it (although in my scenario I'm not expecting anything good from this, I'm sure you would do better. He sounds like he really likes you). In the long run, I think it's better. Everything's out in the open, and your relationship can continue as it is. I think that people that close can overcome something like this. If not, I'd be glad that at least I gave it a shot.

The only thing I couldn't bear is the thought that I'd wasted my chance with the person I think is absolutely perfect, just because I was too embarassed or scared. I may be shy, but life's too short for giving up that perfect person.

ReputationRep:
    When I get cuddly it's cos I want to get into the girl's pants.

I don't understand how people feel telling your best friend you find them attractive will ruin their relationship, I've only ever been in the situation once and it worked out fine...we didn't go out or anything but we're still good friends.

im in a similar situation altho its pretty confusing! I think im in love with my best friend of three years! we get on wonderfully and i couldnt ask for a closer friend who knows me as well as he does. i don't know what to do, religion comes into it. we are both very different religiously.i am hindu and he is muslim. can anyone help me?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.