Turn on thread page Beta

when would you like to die? (not meant to be a joke) watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to go to sleep happy in a warm bed on a cold December evening, preferably snowing, and then never wake up. I wish I was over 90 years old, but still had my mind intact and my body functioning reasonably well for my age.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to die just before I'm too reliant on other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSB19)
    I want to die before my kids do (hopefully i will actually have some), and before I become a burdon to them, i'd be happy with that.
    yepp, i'll tell my kids to kill me when i'm an old bore who needs their time and energy to live

ReputationRep:
    When I have done the things that I really wanted to do and IF I have children, before them, I don't think I could bear having to bury my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenie)
    When I have done the things that I really wanted to do and IF I have children, before them, I don't think I could bear having to bury my own.
    How about your wife? (or husband in the case of women, or both!)

I would prefer to die with my wife (if I have one that is), I would feel awfully lonely at that age living by myself, etc..

ReputationRep:
    i want to live til about 80-ish.....i can retire and enjoy life for about 15yrs then die.... any longer and i think it'll be painfull....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabre)
    I don't plan to die. I believe in 50 years we will have technology to extend our life spans by another 50 years and so on as time goes on effectively nullifying death from old age.

Sounds crazy I know but you'd be surprised how much scientists understand old age these days, and the saying goes once you fully understand something you can start to manipulate it. Similar to the concept of reverse engineering a competitors technology till you understand the constructs then you reconstruct it using other means (in this case artificial as opposed to natural).
    Yes and it is crazy. Whether you like it or not you will die sonny. And I really doubt that they can increase life by 50 years in 50 years... even if so that will be by medication.

ReputationRep:
    About 50.

ReputationRep:
    In a blaze of glory. Saving the world or at least a large number of other people. After I've done everything I wanted to do with my life. After I've had children. After my significant other has died, and after my children have matured enough and got their own lives and no longer rely on me, hopefuly while they still love me and will mourn me, but when they're grown up enough that they'll be able to go on without me. While I'm still physically capable, but don't have many more years of it left in me. And when I know that I'm not just a few years away from scientists discovering a way of cheating death, or putting you in an artificialy created younger body or something. One of my greatest fears is that I'll just miss out on being able to live forever by a few years, and instead be doomed to oblivion where I never think or feel anything ever again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care how old I am but

I would like to die before I go crazy and/or lose my ability to function without assistance.

I would like to die while I'm still happy. I would like to die while in love.

I want to live long enough to feel like my life was fulfilling.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to die at any age. I live like I'd die tomorrow, so I'm always ready to go. As long as it's not just before an argument with a loved one or something similar. Dying in my sleep or doing something I love would be the best way for me to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Showsni)
    I don't want to die. Ever.
    Really??? I would hate that think of all the people round you now and the fact that they would all die but you would still be around you would constantly be plagued by the people around you dying!

As for me im going along with the one who said the world will end before i die! I dont particularly like thinking about getting old!

ReputationRep:
    October 8th 2018 - accidently flying my private jet into the Kaçkar mountains at 3am when attempting to gather a lost peanut from under the aircraft panel.

The irony being of course is that I hate peanuts and could never afford a private jet, let alone crash-land it in the middle of Turkey.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to die old and happy. I don't want to be dependent upon other people and I'd like it to happen in a painless way, such as in my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I want to die when I can no longer be independent

ReputationRep:
    I wnat to die with someoone next to me and painless.. Preferably not to old. around 60 possibly?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to die on 19th October 2088 in a tragic accident where I try to save a puppy from being run over by a bus. I later wake up in the morgue realising that I am actually immortal and cannot die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxiroxi)
    I want to die when I can no longer be independent
    me too I'd like if medical science allows for me to live to 95 be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who actually thinks science will help them lvie on forever is kidding themselves.

I wouldn't mind 80- that would be a good innigs as long as I was still abled bodied and all together mentally - I have seen some peopel who are near on 80 and you just wouldn't know it. 100 would be awesome but a stretch.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.